Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, JK Wrangler, 2019 Road King Special 114
Definitely Sir thanx for your reply :thumbsup:
Yes - boostane works great.
I had a C7Z that would get 4-5 degrees of knock retard with 93 octane. After adding boostane to make 100 octane (1 oz per gallon) I would see zero knock. It also worked great on my 2018 Roush 2650 phase 2 car however, I just upgraded my fuel system (dw400/BAP/IDI1050X) and made the switch to E85. I did this just for a safety factor but didnt realize how much more performance I would also gain.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
The safety E85 gives for the engine is the best money spent with boost and 12:1 compression.

Its an incredible time to be live and into these cars with E85 stations almost everywhere.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Its an incredible time to be live and into these cars with E85 stations almost everywhere.
So long as you don't live in AZ :) E85 is at 4 stations and they have been plagued by reports of water in the tanks.

Other places advertise it but most of the time it's E54. I would love to upgrade and there is a station right down the street from me but it's too sketchy for me to pull the plug.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E54 is still better then pump gas

Water in fuel is not good :(

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
E54 is still better then pump gas

Water in fuel is not good :(
I would go the E54 route but not too many people will/have tuned for it with the Roush kit. I would have to have someone local do it and would prefer to have PBD do it. Guess I need to look and see if they will do a Flex tune.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would go the E54 route but not too many people will/have tuned for it with the Roush kit. I would have to have someone local do it and would prefer to have PBD do it. Guess I need to look and see if they will do a Flex tune.
I know a guy that could handle e54

(but you can’t go wrong with pbd if that’s your preference )

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I know a guy that could handle e54

(but you can’t go wrong with pbd if that’s your preference )
So.. Would your recommendation be the same? BAP, Injectors, etc.?

Car only has 2k miles on it so I'm hesitant to spend a bunch of money on a fuel system but it may be coming sooner rather than later since I hardly ever drive it :)

I have access to a dyno that allows remote tuning as well.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So.. Would your recommendation be the same? BAP, Injectors, etc.?

Car only has 2k miles on it so I'm hesitant to spend a bunch of money on a fuel system but it may be coming sooner rather than later since I hardly ever drive it :)

I have access to a dyno that allows remote tuning as well.
dw400 and bap for sure, you might be able to get away with your 47lb port side but you won’t have the safety factor the larger Port injectors give you if you run into trouble on the low side

An example would be your fuel pump starts to fail and low side pressure drops. With low side pressure down the hpfp can’t deliver the same volume to the DI injectors as it could with low side at 65psi , id1050 and really dump some fuel even at lower pressure to make up the difference and potentially save your engine

this is why it’s common to recommend much larger then the customers need.

Also you could always run canned race E85 and have better resale of your used part in the future

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
dw400 and bap for sure, you might be able to get away with your 47lb port side but you won’t have the safety factor the larger Port injectors give you if you run into trouble on the low side

An example would be your fuel pump starts to fail and low side pressure drops. With low side pressure down the hpfp can’t deliver the same volume to the DI injectors as it could with low side at 65psi , id1050 and really dump some fuel even at lower pressure to make up the difference and potentially save your engine

this is why it’s common to recommend much larger then the customers need.

Also you could always run canned race E85 and have better resale of your used part in the future
Do it the right way and spend the money. 1500$ fuel system vs a 5k engine

donlx90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I spent almost $1500 on
Dw400
BAP
Idi1050x

donlx90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
My goal was for the car to still drive stock, not have loud aftermarket pumps, and keep close to stock to retain reliability.
Ive built so many cars and Its easy for me to get carried away and make the car not reliable enough to enjoy. I dont plan on dropping the pulley so I should be safe and it sure is fast. It doesnt feel like the same car.
Also, if (when) I decide to sell the car, I can put everything back in it in a couple of hours, sell the barely used parts and go on my way.
Full mod list;
MAK cat less down pipes
Magnaflow resonator
DW400
BAP
IDI1050 injectors.
I am on E85 and tuned.
Before I switched to E85, I was running near max timing for a blower car easily on 93 octane + boostane (100 octane mix).
Upgrading the fuel system and switching to E85 provides an extra layer of safety as well as definitely more power.
In relatively the same DA, My car went from 6.8 to 6.3 using draggy 60-130

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
My goal was for the car to still drive stock, not have loud aftermarket pumps, and keep close to stock to retain reliability.
Ive built so many cars and Its easy for me to get carried away and make the car not reliable enough to enjoy. I dont plan on dropping the pulley so I should be safe and it sure is fast. It doesnt feel like the same car.
Also, if (when) I decide to sell the car, I can put everything back in it in a couple of hours, sell the barely used parts and go on my way.
Full mod list;
MAK cat less down pipes
Magnaflow resonator
DW400
BAP
IDI1050 injectors.
I am on E85 and tuned.
Before I switched to E85, I was running near max timing for a blower car easily on 93 octane + boostane (100 octane mix).
Upgrading the fuel system and switching to E85 provides an extra layer of safety as well as definitely more power.
In relatively the same DA, My car went from 6.8 to 6.3 using draggy 60-130
Good parts list, Im going Fore dual system and i have longtubes catless, 3'' collector back. How does she run? Dyno? 6.3 is moving pretty well for being on the stock pulley essentially.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
Just cause we all love OPG talk, anyone make the change to billet OPG and CS in hopes of avoiding damage from the crank strain from the blower?