Delete thread please. Already over it

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I wouldn't care about a cap... now, if they scratched my wheels.... different story.
Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
...and one more thing: Never, ever, leave valve stem caps on your wheels when you take them in, especially if they’re unique and you want to keep them. Every one of these places uses guys who are trained to just spin them off, throw them into a bucket with the others, mount your new tires, grab 4 caps from the bucket, and send you on your way.

I learned a long time ago to remove my valve stem caps before I drop off the wheels. Then when I get the wheels back, they will have 4 generic caps on them, which then go into the bucket on MY shelf at home. Problem solved.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Honestly, I wouldn't care about a cap... now, if they scratched my wheels.... different story.
Hello; I think the OP stated that the cap itself was not the issue. It is the name calling and the false claim that the cap was not on his wheel. The shop lied about the missing cap while calling the OP a liar and got caught because he had backup evidence (Pictures) and was willing to insist on being treated properly.
The shop manager who calls me a liar will at the very least get a complaint to his boss. Yeah the cap is not worth so much itself, but the treatment is a big deal.

OP
OP
BetterKermitz

BetterKermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Hello; I think the OP stated that the cap itself was not the issue. It is the name calling and the false claim that the cap was not on his wheel. The shop lied about the missing cap while calling the OP a liar and got caught because he had backup evidence (Pictures) and was willing to insist on being treated properly.
The shop manager who calls me a liar will at the very least get a complaint to his boss. Yeah the cap is not worth so much itself, but the treatment is a big deal.
Yeah, this 100%. I honestly don't care about a cap, I care about how he acted on the phone.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Well, you overreacted, but I understand why. I prob would react same way if some asshole call me a liar.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Well, you overreacted, but I understand why. I prob would react same way if some asshole call me a liar.
Hello; I see it a bit differently. Not an over reaction to my thinking. More a measured response and at a suitable level, perhaps even an underreaction to some degree.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Agreed. On another note, this thread reminded me to finally order a bunch of caps to replace the current ugly/missing ones. Probably enough to last the life of the car now that I think about it... Oops

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
The manager just called me saying they found it, which is funny because he said it didn't have it when it came in. I usually don't get too angry over things, but he did use the word "liar" when talking to me pisses me off pretty quick. If it got lost I wouldn't of cared, just don't call me a liar.

135-1357637_baby-blossom-powerpuff-girl-png-transparent-png.jpg

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
So I brought my GT350's wheels and tires down to my local America's Tire because I don't trust tire shops at all after a previous issue on a truck. Anyway I have these chrome cobra valve stem covers that don't really mean a whole lot to me.

However, when I got my wheels/tires back home and I go to mount them up I notice one's missing. So when I call them to ask if they can look around for it, the assistant manager tells me there was a note noting that one was missing and had a grey cap on. I said that's wrong I brought in all four (really should of just taken them off) The guy basically calls me a liar and that unless I have proof there's nothing I can do. Thankfully I took a photo of the wheels and tires off the car for some reason before I brought them in. When I bring that up to him he starts back tracking saying if I have proof he will order me new caps. At this point I'm past that and start cussing the guy out, telling him first chance I get Monday I'm calling corporate to complain with those photos. He keeps trying to tell me I don't need to do that and he can order them. I told him I don't care about the caps I care about being called a liar, which apparently he can't understand why it's even an issue. So I hung up on him.

He could have told me they lost it and I wouldn't of cared, but calling me a liar over something that isn't worth anything pisses me off. Am I over reacting ? Also anyone else have stories of shitty customer service?

IMG_20201121_130008.jpg

depositphotos_13128025-stock-photo-crying-baby.jpg

OP
OP
BetterKermitz

BetterKermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
On one hand I would be livid over being called a liar. On the other I wouldn’t want to put someone’s livelihood at stake over something so small.

You never know what someone is going though in life. I usually only battle when there is something to win.
Yeah I was definitely toasty over the call, my only problem is over the customer service side of things. At this point I don't care enough to call or leave a bad review. I'll just go elsewhere when tire time comes again.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
On one hand I would be livid over being called a liar. On the other I wouldn’t want to put someone’s livelihood at stake over something so small.
Hello; I find some of the responses interesting in the area of priorities. Several stay focused on the value of tire stem caps and rightly so, consider them to not be a big deal. However the actual big deal, the insulting way the shop manager handled the situation, is dismissed.
As the OP stated, which I agree with, had the manager just allowed the cap may have been lost then the OP would have been willing to let it go as not a big deal. Also as the OP stated and something I also agree with, it was the treatment dished out ( the name calling and the early refusal to take responsibility) that becomes the actual problem.

I may give you things of value but will not allow you to take even a blade of grass from my yard under some conditions. I may not be able to or may choose to not do much about being disrespected, but will never let it go. I was a school teacher in KY for over 31 years and retired from there. I went to NC to teach after I retired in KY. Some of the students in a classroom in front of other students called me a mother f***er to my face. This happened several times over time before I left that school. I was very limited in how I could respond but did write them up and send them out of the room to the office. The school principal tried to tell me I was too thin skinned and wanted me to let it go. The disrespect of teachers had become wide spread in that school system. I would not and my contract was not renewed.

About the notion the OP is putting someone's livelihood at risk by making a big deal out of the small value caps. I disagree with this. The manager himself acted in a wrong way and did himself put his position at risk, not the OP. The manager made the decision to be combative and call the OP a liar. I fail to see how the OP is overreacting or being a crybaby.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
So I brought my GT350's wheels and tires down to my local America's Tire because I don't trust tire shops at all after a previous issue on a truck. Anyway I have these chrome cobra valve stem covers that don't really mean a whole lot to me.

However, when I got my wheels/tires back home and I go to mount them up I notice one's missing. So when I call them to ask if they can look around for it, the assistant manager tells me there was a note noting that one was missing and had a grey cap on. I said that's wrong I brought in all four (really should of just taken them off) The guy basically calls me a liar and that unless I have proof there's nothing I can do. Thankfully I took a photo of the wheels and tires off the car for some reason before I brought them in. When I bring that up to him he starts back tracking saying if I have proof he will order me new caps. At this point I'm past that and start cussing the guy out, telling him first chance I get Monday I'm calling corporate to complain with those photos. He keeps trying to tell me I don't need to do that and he can order them. I told him I don't care about the caps I care about being called a liar, which apparently he can't understand why it's even an issue. So I hung up on him.

He could have told me they lost it and I wouldn't of cared, but calling me a liar over something that isn't worth anything pisses me off. Am I over reacting ? Also anyone else have stories of shitty customer service?
The manager just called me saying they found it, which is funny because he said it didn't have it when it came in. I usually don't get too angry over things, but he did use the word "liar" when talking to me pisses me off pretty quick. If it got lost I wouldn't of cared, just don't call me a liar.
We are sorry to learn of this situation, we are glad to hear they located the cap however we would like to make the regional office aware of what transpired. PM on the way.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
...and one more thing: Never, ever, leave valve stem caps on your wheels when you take them in, especially if they’re unique and you want to keep them. Every one of these places uses guys who are trained to just spin them off, throw them into a bucket with the others, mount your new tires, grab 4 caps from the bucket, and send you on your way.

I learned a long time ago to remove my valve stem caps before I drop off the wheels. Then when I get the wheels back, they will have 4 generic caps on them, which then go into the bucket on MY shelf at home. Problem solved.
This.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
To be clear, was there was an exchange like this, "You're a liar"? Originally you said, that he "basically called me a liar", i.e., sounds more along the lines of, "The tech showed me the wheel, said this is how it came in ...", and implied you weren't correct.

The shop manager should have just sided with the customer [you], said, "Oh, I was told different from my tech <or whatever the case>, I'll look for it and we can't find it, make it right", not sure why it escalated to "cussing him out", I guess if he said, "Fuck you and your cap" ... :crackup:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm the same way. If you treat me right, big issue or small, then I'm much more accommodating.

Although I don't think I would take it as far as you have, I just wouldn't use them again and I'd share my experience with everyone else.

The world is full of idiot managers who just don't recognize the cost of a few bucks in stem caps isn't worth losing a customer (or other customers who hear the story and avoid).

Think of it this way, if an unhappy customer convinces just 1 person to avoid your business, is it worth it? I'm not saying businesses should just roll over, but going to war over some valve stem caps is just stupid (on the business' part). An individual has less to lose in the affair.
Sponsored