Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So the Mach 1 if you do not order the Red caliper set option or the appearance with the orange calipers, are the stock calipers black? if so what kind of black? is it like the 50 year gloss black front and rear or flat black like the PP?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It seems they are gloss black like Cali/50yr.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So the Mach 1 if you do not order the Red caliper set option or the appearance with the orange calipers, are the stock calipers black? if so what kind of black? is it like the 50 year gloss black front and rear or flat black like the PP?
Have yet to see a production car and all the pre-production car either have red or orange. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Have yet to see a production car and all the pre-production car either have red or orange. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Yeah Id be anxious to see if the rears are factory gloss black vs the dull PP rear brackets. Would maybe make a decent optional PP upgrade set instead of the Bullitt combo set, for those that do not want the common red. I know we can go the paint the rears route, but some ford parts places sell decent Bullitt combo sets of both front and rear red. I am sure we can go for the Orange too as well?

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
It’s like seeing commercials for Volvo where a little girl is walking in a cross walk and the lady driver isn’t paying any attention - but all the sudden the commercial shows that Volvo auto braking within inches of the little girl’s body - thus saving the day. It’s gives the public misguided perception that “hey, I can buy that Volvo and if I’m a fool not paying attention, it’s ok, my Volvo is gonna auto stop for me and not kill anyone”...
Just the last week we were driving up the highway in northern California, and a huge mountain lion jumped from the bushes right in front of the car. It was not late (6:45 PM) but dark already, so there was no way we could see him before he jumped. My wife was driving, she was perfectly alert, and she hit the brakes immediately. But of course, it was too late. This is how we lost the perfectly good 2019 GT Convertible. (And even though the cat managed to run away, I would assume he was injured so badly he will die quite soon, if not already.) Now we're in the market for a new car, and here's how I learned about this forum.

What I'm trying to say, if there's *any* piece of technology which could help the car react faster and hit the brakes 0,01 seconds sooner—I would be more than happy to pay extra $$$ for it. There's no misguided perception. It's not like we're clueless or ignorant, or bad drivers. But obviously, in certain situations, computer can react faster than humans. And sometimes it could really save the day.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But obviously, in certain situations, computer can react faster than humans.
assuming the sensors aren't cheap pieces of crap, the recognition logic is sufficiently flexible and the object you're about to hit cooperates by fitting the size and shape parameters the software "vision" (and I use that term VERY loosely) is programmed to recognize.

Mazda and Nissan have done similar advertisements. The first rule of advertising is to lie your ass off, so none of them work as dramatized. Tesla and Waymo etc. have spent billions on their so-called computer controls and they suck so bad it's not just fraud, it's lethal.

There is no standardized test that I'm aware of that certifies any of this fancy-pants software action (metric to be determined) with any kind of repeatability.

If you want to pay $1000 or more for a VERY limited early-warning system be my guest but don't expect it to save life or limb.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Pronichkin - there's a significant difference between your wife's incident and what they're throwing at us in TV advertising. And the TV advertising is becoming irresponsible when they depict some nanny or other covering for inattentive or flat-out ignorant driving (like the Nissan that won't let its driver back it into a concrete barrier at speed). The unspoken TV messages are that it's OK to let yourself become distracted, that it's OK to try incredibly stupid things, and that there's no need to bother trying to become a good driver (let alone a skilled one). That's wrong on all counts.

It's hard to say whether your wife's incident could have been electronically prevented or even significantly mitigated. But a system sensitive enough to identify the cat - hidden in the bushes in the dark, no less - as an animate object, and then predict that it was about to run out into the road, is likely to false-positive on you, possibly causing a different crash instead.

A few places out here, it's deer that you have to be aware of.

Norm

Last edited:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
(sighs) Waiting on the 2021 configuration web site to go live. :frown:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
When does the 2021 Mustang Build & Price go live on ford.com?

Sponsored

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
We do not have a specific date but I’m sure it will be posted the second after someone notices it.
I have the build from Ford that my dealer sent me. I'd be glad to share it directly to an email.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
So no real changes to the GT except for the electronic gizmos a few new colors? I was hoping for at least a front end update and some new wheel choices.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I heard that the 2021 has an updated valve body in the 10R80. Anyone else hear about this?
Sponsored