Sponsored

Speed Phenom is selling his GT500 CFTP...

lgvenable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT 15 Z/28 sn 0631 09 Corvette Z06 14 F150 SC
I've got Pilot Cup 2s on a Z/28 and a Z06... no such wear issues here. I looked into them extensively when buying, real world owners on the street were talking 12,000 to 17,000 miles in use, w/nearly 10,000 when tracked occasionally.
My impression..here's a youngster with too much of daddy's money. Seems to change cars frequently, if I was spending $100K+ no way would I sell a car over worn tires as I research extensively before spending that kind of $$$$ Then again -> I'm mechanically adept and have my own car lift. I own a '09 Z06, a '15 Z/28. and a DD '17 Mustang GT. I put like 1500 miles/year on the Z06 & Z/28 and about 3500/yr on my DD -> the '17 Mustang GT .
Sponsored

GT 500 760

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 ........Past Shelby’s 2019 GT350R, 2009 GT500 KR, 1970 GT500 ,1969 GT350 ,1966 GT350.
Second video
Around 15:00 you see the C8 really puts down the power. The guy forgot to put his windows up on the final run against the C8. Maybe that cost him 1 mph

AWD would help the Shelby. But now you are talking more money and slightly more weight. The Jaguar F type R ( 575hp ) solved its traction problems with AWD standard starting in 2016. Good video and enjoyed it. 👍🏻

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
So I skipped through his commentary and watched the racing. So many mistakes he made but yet he wonders why the car didnt get top speed and blames it on the rocks at launch, seriously? Liked seeing a 1/2 mile run, but kid has a lot to learn. And BTW the Vette won for 2 reasons, 1) it weighs less than the GT500, and 2) He not only had his windows open to cause drag, he also was late to launch which clearly can be seen.

And he wants to sell a car he keeps beating on, just like Stangmode....

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The kid is having fun, not hurting a soul. and definitely not forcing anyone to view or like his content. If his voice bugs you, (and I can undertstand if it does,) watching someone else might be the best move. I say leave the boy alone and I wish him all the success in the world.

He may not be one of the Mad Men of advertising and marketing but everyone has to start somewhere. We're bombarded with other nearly identical ploys via the media 24/7, one more kid in the mix isn't going to affect a thing. My two cents anyway.

KB

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
So I skipped through his commentary and watched the racing. So many mistakes he made but yet he wonders why the car didnt get top speed and blames it on the rocks at launch, seriously? Liked seeing a 1/2 mile run, but kid has a lot to learn. And BTW the Vette won for 2 reasons, 1) it weighs less than the GT500, and 2) He not only had his windows open to cause drag, he also was late to launch which clearly can be seen.

SP and I live in the same city in SoCal, I watched his latest vid and told him on YT that he should have re-run the race between the C8 and GT500, this was his reply to me:
Unfortunately the event closed after that final race, however the delay you are seeing is caused by the built in launch control in the GT500. When you let off on the brake there actually is a built-in second long delay, whereas the C8 is instantaneous.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
SP and I live in the same city in SoCal, I watched his latest vid and told him on YT that he should have re-run the race between the C8 and GT500, this was his reply to me:
Unfortunately the event closed after that final race, however the delay you are seeing is caused by the built in launch control in the GT500. When you let off on the brake there actually is a built-in second long delay, whereas the C8 is instantaneous.
No that had nothing to do with it. Thats a 1 second delay and you can see the shot from behind if it was a 1 second delay why was the car rolling slowly for clearly for more than 2 seconds, watch the video and the video time with the launch. Plus thats been well documented since the spring which he should have compensated for or should have learned how to since he's had the car long enough where everyone else compensated after their first outing with the car. Or since he knows so much about cars, go to the dealership and get the updated flash that addressed that issue. But whats the excuse for all the races being done with the windows down when your trying to not only win the race but achieve top speed and eliminate drag and in the middle of the race you decide "oh wait my windows are down let me put them up"? Its a race you focus on the race not the windows.

Maybe I'm being too critical....I'll go back under my rock and let the snowflakes fall.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Who's that? All I've been doing is bickering with a guy who I thought was my friend.
Bickering? Nahh..all in jest. Never flew in an commercial airline cockpit, but spent a bit of time hanging out in KC135 cockpits (only thing that could get us in and out of Africa without a million stops). So, I know you have no threshold for friendly banter. Now soiling a Caballus t-shirt, well that may cross the line!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
No that had nothing to do with it. Thats a 1 second delay and you can see the shot from behind if it was a 1 second delay why was the car rolling slowly for clearly for more than 2 seconds, watch the video and the video time with the launch. Plus thats been well documented since the spring which he should have compensated for or should have learned how to since he's had the car long enough where everyone else compensated after their first outing with the car. Or since he knows so much about cars, go to the dealership and get the updated flash that addressed that issue. But whats the excuse for all the races being done with the windows down when your trying to not only win the race but achieve top speed and eliminate drag and in the middle of the race you decide "oh wait my windows are down let me put them up"? Its a race you focus on the race not the windows.

Maybe I'm being too critical....I'll go back under my rock and let the snowflakes fall.
I'm not here to defend him or support his statement, just sharing with members what he had to say...

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm not here to defend him or support his statement, just sharing with members what he had to say...
Understood.

My motto is "if it feels like a fart and you have to force it, be careful its not a fart".

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...thats been well documented since the spring which he should have compensated for or should have learned how to since he's had the car long enough where everyone else compensated after their first outing with the car. Or since he knows so much about cars, go to the dealership and get the updated flash that addressed that issue. But whats the excuse for all the races being done with the windows down when your trying to not only win the race but achieve top speed and eliminate drag and in the middle of the race you decide "oh wait my windows are down let me put them up"?

You aren't being too critical. I noticed the same and agree on all points. This one was admittedly painful to watch. And the girlish shrieking in this one had me cringing for the duration. I don't think he ever considers what his audience might think or maybe he doesn't care.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.

Just to be clear the Vette didn’t win, 1/2 mile racing is about mph.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

The C8 is the easiest car I've ever driven to launch. It hooks and goes with the stock tires street or strip. The only way a GT500 beats it off the line is on a well prepped surface. The GT500 is clearly the faster car when you can get everything to go right from a dig. From a roll the GT500 pulls away easily.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just to be clear the Vette didn’t win, 1/2 mile racing is about mph.
Maybe in your eyes, but when there is a girl doing the ready set go and HE himself says "I'm sorry he won" @16:08 and he couldn't catch him, that translates to he wanted to beat him and it was a race. He even says he tried all he could to close the gap. He couldn't close the gap, he lost as soon as the girls hand went down. I know his voice might feel like nails on a chalkboard, but you can't defend against his own words.

Good Try though on your part.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The C8 is the easiest car I've ever driven to launch. It hooks and goes with the stock tires street or strip. The only way a GT500 beats it off the line is on a well prepped surface. The GT500 is clearly the faster car when you can get everything to go right from a dig. From a roll the GT500 pulls away easily.
No offense but I am a Vette guy as well, The vette is almost 700lbs lighter, sleeker, more aerodynamic and he had no chance off the line, but the kid cant drive period, any monkey can hold the steering wheel straight and stand on the pedal. A car doesn't win the race, the driver does.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Maybe in your eyes, but when there is a girl doing the ready set go and HE himself says "I'm sorry he won" @16:08 and he couldn't catch him, that translates to he wanted to beat him and it was a race. He even says he tried all he could to close the gap. He couldn't close the gap, he lost as soon as the girls hand went down. I know his voice might feel like nails on a chalkboard, but you can't defend against his own words.

Good Try though on your part.
I’m not trying anything, the car with the highest mph wins in a 1/2 mile race. That’s not my opinion that’s a fact. No one even cares about elapsed time in the 1/2 mile they don’t even time it. Only speed phenom would think he could get to 180 in the 1/2 mile in a stock gt500 and would think a car that goes 144 beats 159.

Half mile is a different game that quarter mile racing.
Sponsored