corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... I always use heel on the floor as a pivot.
Same here :thumbsup:

Ankle movement will beat whole-leg movement (and offer finer modulation of pedal force) every time.

I do have to wonder how likely it would be to screw up while driving one of your other MT-equipped cars that does not offer ARM, though. "Muscle memory" can be your friend . . . or an absolute bitch.

Norm
Sponsored

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That was looked at when the order guides first came out. PP1 is a yes, PP2 is unfortunately a a no.
Isn't the Mach 1 sort of a PP2? After all it adds a rear diff cooler and the the options are there to build out the Mach 1 into an even more extreme track car than the PP2. It is sad the FPC engine is going away, I hope Ford brings that one back some day. I still have vivid memories of watching Billy Johnson just run away from the pack then the GT4 car had that engine under the hood. It took someone that knew what they were doing but with the right driver that engine made the Mustang nearly untouchable on the track.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Isn't the Mach 1 sort of a PP2? After all it adds a rear diff cooler and the the options are there to build out the Mach 1 into an even more extreme track car than the PP2. It is sad the FPC engine is going away, I hope Ford brings that one back some day. I still have vivid memories of watching Billy Johnson just run away from the pack then the GT4 car had that engine under the hood. It took someone that knew what they were doing but with the right driver that engine made the Mustang nearly untouchable on the track.
Yes, with the handling package the Mach 1 will be a PP2 on steroids.

My guess is that the 5.2 FPC was a one and done deal. A very special engine for a very special car. Now have you heard about the rumor of a 6.8 FPC with a SC & twin turbos? :cwl::crackup:

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, with the handling package the Mach 1 will be a PP2 on steroids.

My guess is that the 5.2 FPC was a one and done deal. A very special engine for a very special car. Now have you heard about the rumor of a 6.8 FPC with a SC & twin turbos? :cwl::crackup:
I have heard of the 6.8, but what I have heard is it will be a downsized aluminum version of the 7.3. I don't see the Mustang driving V8 development by itself, the economics aren't there. The 6.8 is for the F150, the Mustang just happens to benefit from it. We believe we know the next Mustang will be bigger, adding more room to the back seat. a 6.8 would be an easy way to move the added bulk that comes with the added room. And a 6.8 is new it's going to get attention and sales just because it's new and no doubt will have stupid low-end torque perhaps not seen in a Mustang since the 429. IMO it's a no brainer for Ford to drop it in the Mustang. The question is will the 6.8 bump the 5.0? As far as the next Hi-Po V8, I think it's time for Ford to try out a smaller high revving TT V8 such as a 3.0 or 3.5. Innovations is what sells cars. V6's are technically functional, let's face it the V8 is difference between an attractive woman and bikini clad knockout of the car world.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have heard of the 6.8, but what I have heard is it will be a downsized aluminum version of the 7.3. I don't see the Mustang driving V8 development by itself, the economics aren't there. The 6.8 is for the F150, the Mustang just happens to benefit from it. We believe we know the next Mustang will be bigger, adding more room to the back seat. a 6.8 would be an easy way to move the added bulk that comes with the added room. And a 6.8 is new it's going to get attention and sales just because it's new and no doubt will have stupid low-end torque perhaps not seen in a Mustang since the 429. IMO it's a no brainer for Ford to drop it in the Mustang. The question is will the 6.8 bump the 5.0? As far as the next Hi-Po V8, I think it's time for Ford to try out a smaller high revving TT V8 such as a 3.0 or 3.5. Innovations is what sells cars. V6's are technically functional, let's face it the V8 is difference between an attractive woman and bikini clad knockout of the car world.
Most of this is coming from a single source

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37374...od-v8-coming-to-2022-ford-mustang-f150-report

V8 Hybrid is patented by Ford and is is likely to feature. Assume this will be the Coyote V8 with electric motors either side. Some electric only running possible and the extra torque from the electric motors will probably render any bigger V8's pointless ??

Smaller V8's are saddled with excessive frictional losses compared to equivalent 6's or even 4's, nobody is going down the route of small capacity multi cylinder engines now. When you can get 400PS plus from a 2 litre 4 cylinder turbo there is nowhere for a small V8 to fit in the range anyway. This ignores the huge development costs of a new engine with limited installation options.

Ford (to their credit) are still putting money into V8's, but when other car makers are now publicly not developing ICE engines any more (Mercedes) you have to question the logic of it. Even Ferrari are moving to V6 hybrids and there are few greater engine makers than them when it comes to V8's and V12's. The next C63 Mercedes will have a 4 cylinder hybrid power unit that is more powerful than the current V8.

Not saying I like it (I love my V8) but best make the most of it because they will not be around for much longer.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
For those who do not read Ford Authority , the 7.3 liter V8 appears to be underrated in the Super Duty. The latest report from Ford Authority says the 7.3 V8 has shown to make 500 HP and 500 pounds torque stock.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37374...od-v8-coming-to-2022-ford-mustang-f150-report

V8 Hybrid is patented by Ford and is is likely to feature. Assume this will be the Coyote V8 with electric motors either side. Some electric only running possible and the extra torque from the electric motors will probably render any bigger V8's pointless ??

Smaller V8's are saddled with excessive frictional losses compared to equivalent 6's or even 4's, nobody is going down the route of small capacity multi cylinder engines now. When you can get 400PS plus from a 2 litre 4 cylinder turbo there is nowhere for a small V8 to fit in the range anyway. This ignores the huge development costs of a new engine with limited installation options.

Ford (to their credit) are still putting money into V8's, but when other car makers are now publicly not developing ICE engines any more (Mercedes) you have to question the logic of it. Even Ferrari are moving to V6 hybrids and there are few greater engine makers than them when it comes to V8's and V12's. The next C63 Mercedes will have a 4 cylinder hybrid power unit that is more powerful than the current V8.

Not saying I like it (I love my V8) but best make the most of it because they will not be around for much longer.

It's not just about performance, were it the Alpha Camaro would be the hands down top seller. Innovation sells cars, the FPC 5.2 sells cars due to it's innovation, uniqueness, sound and performance. IMO just being on a track in a capable car is the point, going the fastest? Egh, not so much, there is already one top youtuber trading his GT500 in favor of the GT350 because the GT350 is more fun to drive. GM's 6.2L is one heck of an engine, it puts down the numbers and powers the 1LE to keep the GT350 in insight, however it doesn't bring in those looking for innovation, it's simply an incremental improvement on the GM small block line. When's the last time you saw a 1LE Camaro? I've seen just one. Innovation sells cars, new sells cars, a TT V8 would sell Mustangs. A Mustang is not about efficiency, without a doubt TTV8 in a Mustang will be an iconic car. I don't think that engines needs to be comparable to the 5.2SC, 500 hp/ 500ft-lb torque or something like that, the low end hit would change the nature of a Mustang. A TT V8 would also do well in the F150, would put extra luxury into the Lincoln lineup.

Stand up for that V8, what people will buy and what makes sense are very often two different stories altogether. Given Ford gave us the 5.2 and the Raptor I think someone there gets the notion of what motivates a buyer to spend money on a dream car.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
It's not just about performance, were it the Alpha Camaro would be the hands down top seller. Innovation sells cars, the FPC 5.2 sells cars due to it's novelty, sound and performance. IMO just being on a track in a capable car is the point, going the fastest? Egh, not so much, there is already one top youtuber trading his GT500 in favor of the GT350, because the GT350 is more fun to drive. GM's 6.2L is one heck of an engine, it puts down the numbers and powers the 1LE to keep the GT350 in insight. When's the last time you saw a 1LE Camaro? I've seen just one. Innovation sells cars, new sells cars, a TT V8 would sell Mustangs. A Mustang is not about efficiency, without a doubt the first TT Mustang will be an iconic car. An TT V8 would also do well in the F150
But profit underlines everything - if it can't be made profitably it will not be made. Innovation is notoriously expensive !

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Europe never was a V8 stronghold, not for the average car owner anyway. Taxes based on displacement and fuel costs made sure of that, never mind that narrow streets tended to hold down car sizes and the amounts of power they required. Fours and sixes, with displacements below about 2.5L always was the rule.

Not so on this side of the pond, where 2.5L was a barely entry-level displacement for sixes.

What I'm getting at here is that phasing out V8s isn't nearly as big of a change for Europe as it is for the USA and perhaps Canada. Never mind that parts of Europe already want to see the ICE - in any form - gone. Over here, that sort of discussion is barely at the trial balloon stage . . . floated by California and Little California East (aka New Jersey).

Norm

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Europe never was a V8 stronghold, not for the average car owner anyway. Taxes based on displacement and fuel costs made sure of that, never mind that narrow streets tended to hold down car sizes and the amounts of power they required. Fours and sixes, with displacements below about 2.5L always was the rule.

Not so on this side of the pond, where 2.5L was a barely entry-level displacement for sixes.

What I'm getting at here is that phasing out V8s isn't nearly as big of a change for Europe as it is for the USA and perhaps Canada. Never mind that parts of Europe already want to see the ICE - in any form - gone. Over here, that sort of discussion is barely at the trial balloon stage . . . floated by California and Little California East (aka New Jersey).

Norm
True. UK will phase out ICE only cars by 2030. PHEV by 2035

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
More to be disappointed by:1) very limited availability of the spoiler delete in coupes;2) very restricted ability to get the gauge pack 3) no green (BRG)

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
When is the 2021 "Build and Price for 2021 going to be on the Ford website?

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
But profit underlines everything - if it can't be made profitably it will not be made. Innovation is notoriously expensive !
there is no profit without sales.
Sponsored