Sponsored

Speed Phenom is selling his GT500 CFTP...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I don't know why it has to be such a secret..... Unless that is there is something to what Steve said. I know Steve well enough that he wouldn't just make this up, and honestly I believe him. I also don't understand why people have to turn this into a bickering contest. Lets just get the username(s), and either confirm it one way or another and be done with this.

Im still looking and still having trouble.. it would seem either he was already found out, or voluntarily elected to close his account ( or something of the sort)

I have gone through searching every term i recall and search results come up with maybe 3 threads. None of the threads i was in. As I dug deeper, a suprisingly large amount of threads that do hit in the different forums, have been closed/ unavailable and users no longer around. heres just a few to note.

sp1.PNG

sp2.PNG

sp3.PNG
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
damn youtubers.... It's like they are promoting themselves... Anyway, I get it.. It's a whole new world. I would hate for people to make money off me. Or likewise.

(for my dead dog)

Please expand my views from 1 to 2 :p

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
I totally get where he is coming from. Changing tires after a couple of track days and refueling that often is a real PITA when you're going to your typical track day and having fun/chilling/hanging out between sessions. When I had my R I would get about 3 track days from the tires and about 8-10 from the brake pads. Move to a GT3 RS and basically longevity goes up by nearly 4x on those components. The weight of the car and high bhp will require frequent/expensive tire changes (especially for a very fast track driver like him) and killers in a car like this. I think this is why the C8 Z06 will be compelling (similar to the 350R)...even a few hundred lbs of weight can have major impacts on consumables longevity.

Every tire change and brake pad change is something to worry about, costs a lot of money and Cup2 tires are notorious for heat cycling out very quickly (resulting in progressively slower lap times), which if you're chasing lap times/trying to beat PB records (which I think this guy is trying to do as is only a sec off from pro laps), it's going to be a frustrating experience.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I think we should give it a rest.

If I’m reading between the lines correctly I think some of you are ticked that this kid at so young an age has access to these kinds of cars and doesn’t seem to appreciate them like you do, some of you working decades to be able to afford them. I’m only 21 and I won’t have the money for $70,000+ cars anytime soon. However I think we should just let it go, I think most can agree that we dislike the kid for a verity of reasons, (it’s the voice for me) at best he is fake.

I guess I’m saying if you don’t like him don’t watch him, and don’t comment on threads like this. Yes I know I just did haha.
Amen..thread reeks of insecurity and curmudgeonry (if that's a word)? lol

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
damn youtubers.... It's like they are promoting themselves... Anyway, I get it.. It's a whole new world. I would hate for people to make money off me. Or likewise.

(for my dead dog)

Please expand my views from 1 to 2 :p
don't forget to smash that like button and subscribe!

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
A lot of you people seem quite jealous(and insecure) he has what he has. How he got his car and how he earns his money is none of your business.

The points he raised in the video are valid. Who wants to have a set of tires last only two track days? Or fill up 3-4 tank fulls? In terms of running costs, the GT500 CFTP is not cheap and more expensive to run than a GT350R, GT3 RS, etc etc.

Jealous? Guy bought a car he doesn't like and spends his time whining on the internet. His big claim to fame is he is a guy on Youtube who bought a car. He isn't a particularly skilled driver and he ruins tires quickly and he bought a 760 horse power car and is surprised it gets bad gas mileage, really?

A supercharged race car weighing 4,200 pounds eats tires and sucks gas when driven hard..................................who would have thought? Go buy a Miata for track days. It's cheap, it's light, it gets decent gas mileage and it is not hard on tires.

Poor guy has serious 1st world problems, my high performance car is expensive, boo frigging whooo. Go register it in Montana and get some of those giant stick on tire labels already.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Jealous? Guy bought a car he doesn't like and spends his time whining on the internet. His big claim to fame is he is a guy on Youtube who bought a car. He isn't a particularly skilled driver and he ruins tires quickly and he bought a 760 horse power car and is surprised it gets bad gas mileage, really?

A supercharged race car weighing 4,200 pounds eats tires and sucks gas when driven hard..................................who would have thought? Go buy a Miata for track days. It's cheap, it's light, it gets decent gas mileage and it is not hard on tires.

Poor guy has serious 1st world problems, my high performance car is expensive, boo frigging whooo. Go register it in Montana and get some of those giant stick on tire labels already.
No doubt his problems are the definition of first world problems. But let’s keep in mind that when he complains about fuel economy and tire wear, he’s doing so in comparison to his other cars that also go through a lot of tires and fuel when he tracks them. It’s not like he’s comparing them to a daily driver Prius. He’s comparing the GT500 consumables to GT350R and C8 consumables. As you say, first world problem.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
I do not track my cars, No experience doing so...although with a good mentor and help, Id be game....and Im still decently you and just got my self situated where I could afford and R and CFTP.
This is weird though, Its like the dude wants to go to dinner and then have his food too?
Even Elon and his space machines........ use A LOT of consumables.
Until we have fusion, EVERY power source will consume more than it produces.

Anyone who complains about fuel consumption for a fuel consuming performance car......iwell draw your own conclusions to that one.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I refuse to watch his videos, especially after the blatant click bait one came about.

Im curious however, since so many people keep claiming hes a good driver.. does he post the lap times? does he have lap times for each of his cars at each of the tracks/configurations?

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I refuse to watch his videos, especially after the blatant click bait one came about.

Im curious however, since so many people keep claiming hes a good driver.. does he post the lap times? does he have lap times for each of his cars at each of the tracks/configurations?
He does post his lap times in his videos. He's got some fast ones for sure. He can fly that 500.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Wrong. The guy's driving is actually very good and I would say top 5-10% of typical amateur track day attendees.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The lap times are very good...even at unfamiliar tracks like Laguna Seca he is setting very fast lap times. The car control skills quite evident too..he is driving very close to the limit and can see the instantaneous corrections he is making when running too hot.. For this skill level, it is totally unsurprising he is cooking tires after one day in a GT500..he is driving it hard.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Sad views are sad views. If you can get past the whiney bitchyness of his vids, more power to you. Maybe in a few months, his parents will buy him another car that costs too much...

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I enjoyed his latest video.
Sponsored