Sponsored

[Locked due to politics] Student debt cancelation. Seems there are strong opinions against it from some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I must say first off I dont have student debt, so basically I dont care really but.... And I dont think everyone is an a-hole, im referring too the ones who dont even want to see both sides or that dont give two craps about other humans and think people should just suffer.

So people who had student debt and had to as they say "suffer and forgo things and have hardships" basically wish the same thing upon others. Why in the world knowing how crushing student debt can be would you wish it upon others instead of going along with a plan to eliminated it? I can tell you selfish self-centered a-holes. What about your children? wouldn't you want the burden of student debt to be lessoned? NOOOOO!!!! because you had to do screw everyone else happiness then need to be crushed by student debt too.

Disclaimer this is not political this is anti selfish a-holes.

Why do people wish hardships on others? I mean If i was in a relationship and i was treated liek crap and cheated on I wouldn't wish it on others. No different with student loans. if they want to get rid of some let them. stop being a jerk and protesting it because you had to.... things change Jesus let someone have a happy life and move on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I charged up $100,000 in credit card debt because I thought I was owed something without having to be responsible. Now the government is going to forgive my debt but not your $100,000 mortgage and your taxes will go up to fund it. Yeah, you are right. I owe nothing and you still have your mortgage and higher taxes. That is fair.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So I charged up $100,000 in credit card debt because I thought I was owed something without having to be responsible. Now the government is going to forgive my debt but not your $100,000 mortgage and your taxes will go up to fund it. Yeah, you are right. I owe nothing and you still have your mortgage and higher taxes. That is fair.
not really the same thing but ok. Credit card debt is nothing like student loans. You dont need credit cards to make it in life. An education...yeah. Plus colleges charging for 4 to 8 years of "education" when what they taught you that is actually job relevant could have been taught in 6 months. the rest is BS to inflate a tuition so the college can brag about their 1 billion on reserves. And text books? My first semester of text books were 1100 dollars... total BS. Damn medical text books were almost 1/3rd of my loans.

I have paid my loans and I still think its bull s$%#. I dont wish it upon anyone just because "I had to do it" thats some selfish crap. people already cant make it and i see people living in damn ear poverty with master degrees cause of student loans. thats total BS.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Apologies in advance if I come across as a selfish a-hole, but I've got a couple of questions that I would like answered...

Why is student loan debt the only forgivable debt?

For example, I'm 19 years old and I want to start an excavation business instead of going to college. I buy $250,000 worth of equipment (excavator, loader, dump truck, or whatever).....
Why can't my equipment debt be paid for by the government the same as my peer who spent $250,000 on college?
Debt is debt in my mind. Whether that debt is for education or not, makes no difference.

Why would someone take on six-figure debt for a masters degree if they can't get a high paying job to allow them to pay off their debt?
That would be poor decision making in my opinion....

I'm not trying to be a dick about this, I just don't understand the logic behind student debt forgiveness.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I support College Debt Forgiveness when all the colleges refund all the unhappy students that went to their pricey colleges. Makes no sense tax payers bail out universities just like free education I am all for it. The kindergarten thru college years should be the same right to all. Oh yeah the universities some of the most profitable institutions in the country will agree to all these ideas. The NCAA is the richest sport in the world cause no pay to the athletes and all the pay by the media and us to watch. Just incredible how we all think......end of rant.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Apologies in advance if I come across as a selfish a-hole, but I've got a couple of questions that I would like answered...

Why is student loan debt the only forgivable debt?

For example, I'm 19 years old and I want to start an excavation business instead of going to college. I buy $250,000 worth of equipment (excavator, loader, dump truck, or whatever).....
Why can't my equipment debt be paid for by the government the same as my peer who spent $250,000 on college?
Debt is debt in my mind. Whether that debt is for education or not, makes no difference.

Why would someone take on six-figure debt for a masters degree if they can't get a high paying job to allow them to pay off their debt?

I'm not trying to be a dick about this, I just don't understand the logic behind student debt forgiveness.
NO you are not coming across as a dick, the whole point of my thread is to start conversation. But you buying equipment is your choice in the sense that no one promised you a better life by doing so, no one promised you a better job, the government did not get involved fronting the money which in turn made the colleges greedy and inflated the cost out of control basically making every one debt ridden. The cost and debt is getting so high that the education costs are negating any return. you are actually making less money with a degree after paying loans for 30 years then if you just skipped it and just got a job. These costs are the governments fault more or less. you buying a tractor or construction equipment came with zero promises and you took it on yourself. if the government wasn't handing out no back ground, no credit check loans left and right for college then lots of people would not go and we wouldn't have this problem.

But on the other hand the government dose pay off farm equipment and subsidies and all that stuff so in a sense....

Like i said its a I had to do it so you should suffer too . Its sorta dick move. Myself and many others I know suffered i mean we scrapped by because of student loans it sucked balls. why as a decent human being would i want to wish that on other people just because I had to do it? why not wish a better life on others and let this country move forward? But it seems more like people just like to make other lives difficult.

Think of it this way. You are like I had to pay it so others should have to suffer too....

But if it were your children and they were in 50 to 100k in student loan debt and the government was gonna right it off would you still be all f87K you you need to pay your loans and suffer? oR WOULD YOU BE HAPPY YOUR KIDS WOULD BE FREE OF THAT BURDEN AND ABLE TO GET A BETTER START ON THIER LIFE? (SORRY FOR CAP LOCK Lol) so why wish it on others?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I support College Debt Forgiveness when all the colleges refund all the unhappy students that went to their pricey colleges. Makes no sense tax payers bail out universities just like free education I am all for it. The kindergarten thru college years should be the same right to all. Oh yeah the universities some of the most profitable institutions in the country will agree to all these ideas. The NCAA is the richest sport in the world cause no pay to the athletes and all the pay by the media and us to watch. Just incredible how we all think......end of rant.
People had no problem taking that stimulus check the government handed out from tax money..... people only have an issue with government bail outs when it does not benefit them. if it were their loans being paid off they would have no problem with it. they only have a problem with it because its not their loans.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
People had no problem taking that stimulus check the government handed out from tax money..... people only have an issue with government bail outs when it does not benefit them. if it were their loans being paid off they would have no problem with it. they only have a problem with it because its not their loans.
This country is going broke faster than you and I can type. Why are universities so expensive with all the internet info to the max. Why not address that issue first to help others futures. And why not ask the universities to at least reimburse half or more. At some point this Government may be so insolvent it’s bankrupt abs China is the new law and order. Just look at what is happening in Africa China is buying it up and China is going to be the new world order.

kaibab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt convertible California special
This country is going broke faster than you and I can type. Why are universities so expensive with all the internet info to the max. Why not address that issue first to help others futures. And why not ask the universities to at least reimburse half or more. At some point this Government may be so insolvent it’s bankrupt abs China is the new law and order. Just look at what is happening in Africa China is buying it up and China is going to be the new world order.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Oh I agree. the costs are stupid out of control. These universities have millions if not billions sitting in banks and they just keep raising prices. First we need to deal with text books. Fin 300 dollars for a book I needed for two quarters and then they changed the book on the second quarter so I had to have a new book at another 300 dollars. a good 1/3rd of my tuitions were text books. PLus I will till my dieing day say why do we need 4 year colleges? Most everything relevant to the career is taught in 6 months the rest is just filler BS.

My First degree , my associates, was in radiology. They spent two whole quarters teaching us about fluoroscopy when by law you cant touch and operate a fluoroscopy machine unless you have a doctorates. That is two whole quarters of government funded tuition that was totally useless and not needed. Not to mention the 57 APA peer reviewed English lit papers we had to do.... English literature? I have damn near 12 classes on English and writing papers ( hence my distaste or caring for correcting typos now) that had jack squat to do with a radiology degree.

This is all money myself and other have to pay back because the colleges pad the tuitions because the government is backing them... so yeah the government needs to pay the crap off. Its money I and others did not have to spend.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
This!! We (my wife and I) paid for our youngest college education. He chose a 5 year masters degree program. It was very intensive and demanding program. Between tuition, room and board, then rent, utilities, food, study abroad, etc., it cost us approximately $25K a year. His roommate and fellow program student, has $70K in student loans. No one forced those loans on his friend. He willingly took out those loans to pay for his schooling. He knew going in that his first years in the business he would only make about $40K/year. He absolutely should have to pay back those loans.

That being said, with what we pay in taxes, I am firm believer in free college for all. The last Federal budget included an additional $80 billion for defense. College for cost estimate is $60 billion.

We (this country) have the means to pay for it. Unfortunately, those that run this country choose to look at profit over possibility, dollars over dreams and themselves over others.

kaibab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt convertible California special
With this endless money printing by the central banks and when they look down and see the emperor’s have no pants, then massive worthless currency’s will end with bank bail ins and or seizures. Never has worked in a thousand years of history. 🙏🏻

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That would be poor decision making in my opinion
This is a what came first the chicken or the egg thing. They take on the debt cause they are told they can get a job. You don't know you can't get a job till you have the degree cause you can't apply with out the education. You go get the education then are told there is no jobs.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
And again don't make this political. My whole point to this is why as fellow humans, if the government to help this debt load, would people wish hardships on others just because they had to do it. Don't you remember how bad it sucked. Why wish it on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.