Sponsored

Magneride in the Hill Country

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
I took my 2020 Magneride GT to Cow Creek, in the Hill Country of Texas, today— retracing a drive I'd done pre-Covid Era in my non-MR '15 PP with some other responsible driving enthusiasts. It's a tortuous route with pavement that's both undulating and, in parts, scabrous.

I went in with quite a bit of trepidation, as my previous such drive was "not great, not terrible". To recount, my stock '15, with relatively new PS4S's, felt confident on smooth sections with great grip; but when the bumps began, this confidence was eroded somewhat by the car's skittishness. The car's characteristic bounciness that it has always had seemed to amplify my terror in any of the sweepers that were less than perfectly unblemished. No, I'm not a track rat; yes, I'm a nervous driver easily spooked by hints of instability. To sum up, that drive was a sometimes white–knuckled affair. I'd shied away since from these kinds of enthusiastic Hill Country runs.

Today, through, I was persuaded by the same people to try again. And it was revelatory, and a day on which there was much to revel. Exorcised were the bounding and the nervousness. The clichéd "Magic carpet–like" was the ride. Body control was telepathic in Sport+. Because the bumps were absorbed better, it felt like there was much more grip available. Confidence was inspired. The drive... was fun, with no detracting qualifiers.

Count me among the believers in Magneride. An evangelist, even. I am exultant, still to come off the high.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carzzi

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how else would I immanentize the eschaton?

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I actually had to Google " scabrous ". :blush:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
There's a few words in this thread that I had to right click and look up in google - but the message in the OP's post was clear enough without me having to do that :like:

Last I heard this was internet forum and not a English lesson ... :cwl:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Carzzi

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Henceforth I shall make a Cliff's Notes version!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Henceforth I shall make a Cliff's Notes version!
It needs to be simpler than that for us. More like "<fill in the blank> for dummies."

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I took mine to the so-called '3 sisters' in the lower TX Hill Country 2 weeks ago, and had a blast. But riding them on the bikes was even more fun. The only bad part was the asphalt is ultra rough, which gave me the impression the car was going to fall apart; had rattles everywhere. It was also under construction in some areas, so still have to determine the carnage after washing (hopefully this week). That FM-1431 road (and 183) looks really nice, but it's way too far away for me.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know about that one! I did a fun drive a while back, but further south (part of the 3 sisters). I took 16 from Kerrville, down to Medina. Then 337 to Leakey, and then 336 north. It was a blast! Lots of elevation changes and curves. My car felt like it was made just for roads like this. I can only imagine how Magneride would amplify the fun.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad your ride was glorious

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh yes cow creek, where the sports car exhausts rumble through the hills and the cows are scared.

OP
OP
Carzzi

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh yes cow creek, where the sports car exhausts rumble through the hills and the cows are scared.
We had 3 Audi R8's with nasty exhausts in the group.
Sponsored