Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not trying to be argumentative but what do you seriously expect?
It’s not a misprint, and as someone said before, Ford has decided that their track related warranty expenses were too high
What do you think that FP can say or do about it ? Nothing
Frankly when I got my 17 for track duties, I couldn’t believe that I can blow the engine and have Ford pay for it.....
I know that some manufacturers/models do cover track use
As a long time racer I’m really used to be the only one financially liable for any expenses, even when someone else T-bone you and is 100% at faults
And yes, the 500 was marketed as a track car, that only imply that it is track-capable, not that the warranty cover what happens there..
Do that suck and Ford kind of playing a game.. sure but as the old saying goes: Caveat emptor
I see where you are coming from, but the latest warranty is a departure from the long standing verbiage that Ford has had in place pertaining to the track cars they build.

We will see what comes back.
Sponsored

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I see where you are coming from, but the latest warranty is a departure from the long standing verbiage that Ford has had in place pertaining to the track cars they build.

We will see what comes back.
Sadly, I do not think that what someone tells you over the phone will change anything. The warranty is in writing and that is what will stand. We all know that Ford is hurting bad over the high cost of warranty claims, so this should be no surprise. I agree that since they market this car as track car, then Ford should warranty it like the the 350.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Sadly, I do not think that what someone tells you over the phone will change anything. The warranty is in writing and that is what will
stand. We all know that Ford is hurting bad over the high cost of warranty claims, so this should be no surprise. I agree that since they market this car as track car, then Ford should warranty it like the the 350.
Is that exclusion specific to the 20 gt500 or applicable to all 2020 Ford vehicles?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Sadly, I do not think that what someone tells you over the phone will change anything. The warranty is in writing and that is what will stand. We all know that Ford is hurting bad over the high cost of warranty claims, so this should be no surprise. I agree that since they market this car as track car, then Ford should warranty it like the the 350.
I'm not sure if you know who Tom has contacts with at Ford. I'm positive he will get the complete run down on Ford's stance on the subject and it will be accurate.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm not sure if you know who Tom has contacts with at Ford. I'm positive he will get the complete run down on Ford's stance on the subject and it will be accurate.
I am sure he will, but what I am trying to say is, if its not in writing, then its not changing anything.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I am sure he will, but what I am trying to say is, if its not in writing, then its not changing anything.
I understand but what I was saying is what feedback he gets back will be accurate if we like the response or not. Not that it changes anything unless Ford Corp. decides to do a correction. My guess is it means what it says.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It will be in writing.

Let's all give ford the benefit of the doubt. Give this a day or two and we will have an answer.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I used to know more people in Ford that could help. Lets just say I know who to reach out to. This answer shouldn't require any special contacts to get an answer. This comes down to a simple question.......... Did you really mean to exclude track use or was it intended to mean competitive or timed events that previous FP purpose built track cars always excluded?

I would be surprised if they all of a sudden did an about face and decided to keep enthusiasts from going out and making a name for Ford and Ford Performance. I really don't think budget cuts or excess warranty claims are a factor. Ford Performance and other performance divisions of other manufacturers are NOT in the business of making money. They are there to promote the brand and get as much positive attention as possible to benefit the overall corporation.

I think this exception wording was a mistake that is in need of clarification. If not, well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Edited to add an important word that somehow was excluded.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'll be having lots of good thoughts for you and all the other track enthusiasts, Tom and it DOES sound like an abrupt departure but as it has been said, if money is driving it, all bets are off.

Seems like that would be the poster child civil suit given their marketing so I do hope you get the answer desired, bubba.

KB

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'll be having lots of good thoughts for you and all the other track enthusiasts, Tom and it DOES sound like an abrupt departure but as it has been said, if money is driving it, all bets are off.

Seems like that would be the poster child civil suit given their marketing so I do hope you get the answer desired, bubba.

KB
My wife, who is a lawyer, says a person would probably win....... but it would be a fight. Again, I don't think Ford meant to do this. Lets get this fixed. If not.....

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not a GT500 but I personally know of a GT350 that has been on track, the dealership knows it's seen the track, and they've replaced a motor no questions asked and it was sent to Ford Performance for analysis. Not my car. But it was in the shop when I went for an oil change and I asked about it.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Not a GT500 but I personally know of a GT350 that has been on track, the dealership knows it's seen the track, and they've replaced a motor no questions asked and it was sent to Ford Performance for analysis. Not my car. But it was in the shop when I went for an oil change and I asked about it.
GT350s don't have track the exclusion in the warranty.