Sponsored

Littleredd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT W/PP2
I noticed an ominous option in the Sync screen, to enable sharing driving data with your insurance company, "to get discounts for good driving."
There is a thread on here about how to disable the data collection. You just have to pull the #9 5a fuse (telematics comm unit or somerhing) in the passenger compartment. I did and it has had no effect on the cars operation or even any, not even warnings that it is disconnected.

Functionally you lose it he ability to use fordpass to remote lock/unlock and where you last parked.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I bet if you were to drive in Boston or NYC traffic you'd come away with a slightly different point of view.

Norm
Assuming that is stop start traffic I can't think of a better use for it. That is why it saves so much fuel in London for example. Why does the engine need to idle when it may as well be off ?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Do you really not use CC? Do you hate yourself or are you just being obtuse?
Don't need it, don't want it, won't use it. Unless you count the few times when I've tested it on various cars to see how it works, or if it still does, I really never do use CC. In over a year and a half and 17000+ miles on the WRX - including a 4500 mile road trip, I've never used it on that car at all. Maybe half a dozen checks in a dozen years with the Mustang, and a similar number in the Maxima over the past 19. Maybe a couple of miles total over the past 20 years, if you added up all of the little distances. Maybe a couple more, if you go all the way back to the first car I owned that had a CC.

Where do you put your right arm when not shifting in an automatic? Where do you put your left foot if you don't have a clutch?
Not the same thing. See post #28.

I drive all day for work sometimes, mostly in the city, and the less I have to pay attention to my speed the more attention I have to apply somewhere else.
There was about a year where I also drove for work. Not continuously all day, but off and on for most of it. I imagine that the vehicles I drove all had CC, but I never used them. Didn't even occur to me.

I think you missed my point - I wasn't talking about speeds as displayed on the speedometer (I don't pay a whole lot of attention to that instrument to begin with). What I was getting at is gauging your speed against that of other traffic, where the exact mphs are irrelevant. You simply adjust your car's speed in road traffic much like you might adjust your walking pace in pedestrian traffic. It's not a big mental burden, but it is directly related to the business of driving

I don't have to worry that I am speeding while in a company vehicle and by freeing up my right foot altogether I can be more ready to hit the brakes if I need to. It doesn't put you to sleep, it just makes dealing with heavy traffic and long stretches that much easier.
Are you trying to say that you need to consciously think about using the brakes? Though to carry this a step further, isn't that exactly what the use of ACC is going to result in, for the times when ACC is not being used?

Driving really isn't such a difficult thing to do that we should need so much help with the easy parts . . .

Norm

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
If you can’t figure out why someone would use cruise control, let alone ACC, you’re either trolling and/or being purposefully obtuse. JFC.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Assuming that is stop start traffic I can't think of a better use for it. That is why it saves so much fuel in London for example. Why does the engine need to idle when it may as well be off ?
Drivers in the Northeast US aren't exactly the most patient drivers when the light changes.

And there's no need whatsoever for forcing a technology that primarily benefits big-city driving on those of us who would more commonly have to stop at a stop sign before turning in a neighborhood or onto the main road. I'd be pretty annoyed if my car shut down and restarted three times or more between my house and the main road. Especially when it's either very hot or very cold out.

Norm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
wish it had stop / start - most of my recent cars have had it and it saves a lot of fuel in traffic jams and around town.
except Ford programmers are a bunch of retards. One, you have to push quite hard on brake pedal is trigger it and keep that same pressure on to keep the engine disabled. And if you're in a traffic jam and just want to put it in park it starts the engine back up and of course doesn't shut down while in park either.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed an ominous option in the Sync screen, to enable sharing driving data with your insurance company, "to get discounts for good driving."
pull the #10 fuse. Mustang and F150 both and possibly the entire lineup.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
except Ford programmers are a bunch of retards. One, you have to push quite hard on brake pedal is trigger it and keep that same pressure on to keep the engine disabled. And if you're in a traffic jam and just want to put it in park it starts the engine back up and of course doesn't shut down while in park either.
Can't really agree with that. The ones who programmed my last Mondeo (Fusion) must have been the geniuses as it just worked. It didn't restart the engine going into Park either.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Drivers in the Northeast US aren't exactly the most patient drivers when the light changes.

And there's no need whatsoever for forcing a technology that primarily benefits big-city driving on those of us who would more commonly have to stop at a stop sign before turning in a neighborhood or onto the main road. I'd be pretty annoyed if my car shut down and restarted three times or more between my house and the main road. Especially when it's either very hot or very cold out.

Norm
Why? That is how it works. Why on earth would it 'annoy' you. It restarts instantly (or at least the Ford system does) and before you can move your foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal the engine is ready. Hot or cold out makes no difference - if the AC is working hard or the electrical demand is high it will not stop or restart to maintain the temperature (when on auto) - I suppose you don't like auto climate control either !

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on a Hybrid version. If you ask me one with the ECoboost from the explorer would be great :)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can't really agree with that. The ones who programmed my last Mondeo (Fusion) must have been the geniuses as it just worked.
Let me qualify - Ford USA programmers (or the H1B hired help) on the F150 program are retards. Ford UK/EU has had several well executed cars in the past.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
mine hovers over the gas or brake depending on what looking 10 seconds ahead shows me as the developing situation.
To me, it'd just be easier to turn off the CC and use my right foot to accelerate, maintain speed, decelerate on engine braking, or go to the brakes for more deceleration. It's how I learned to drive, it's not that hard, and it's been serving me well for 57 years and change.

Norm