Sponsored

Adam’s Graphene ceramic coating

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
do you know what is involved with changing it? I’m sure dropping the headliner at minimum, but if it comes to pulling glass to get the headliner out of the car I’ll just deal with it. I’m thinking about wrapping the roof black, if I do the fin will get wrapped as well.
You could have the dealer paint it the correct color. Wouldn't require removal and if you ever unwrapped your roof, it would look correct. It'll probably be what they recommend doing anyhow. There shouldn't need to be any blending since it's two different panels and different angles.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
do you know what is involved with changing it? I’m sure dropping the headliner at minimum, but if it comes to pulling glass to get the headliner out of the car I’ll just deal with it. I’m thinking about wrapping the roof black, if I do the fin will get wrapped as well.

Here another option, roof could be taped off and the antenna painted, air brushed, that would be the least intrusive .

I sure would go back to the dealer. See if he will reimburse if you had it air brushed.

Unless the cover will come off, and replaced with correct color.

Man that's glaring a mistake and you have every right to get it changed

Do not think it will be difficult to have it matched. All colors have specific blends, race red from Ford has a formula .

For a fact you can go down to say NAPA, with the year, 2020 race red and they can mix it.

Painting not the big magic some think it is.

Learned something seeing your car, the spoiler PP1 is same color as the body PP2 spoiler is black

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
At this point graphene has not been developed to bond to a cars paint system yet. You will not get the gloss or the protection as you do with a proven ceramic coat that bonds to a vehicle. This truly is snake oil at the stage it is in right now.

check out Chicago auto pros graphene vs ceramic on YouTube, great comparison with scientific proof
Graphene as a stand alone will not bond, you are correct. I’ve spoken to Adam’s after seeing some of the concerns as of late. The gist of what they told me was that they use the Graphene in their already proven ceramic coating. It’s used solely for its reduction in water spotting properties. As for the coating on my car, it seems to be working well, I wash the car and literally dry it with water. Remove the nozzle and let the open ended hose run over the car and the water sheets and falls off.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
It is still a fairly new technology. 303 Graphene coating is a bit more chemical resistant than Adams (spray version not the high concentrated version). In theory graphene coating are supposed to be easier to apply than ceramic coatings and provide as good protection. As they are still really new, I would wait and just do a normal ceramic coating or a ceramic spray coating. Perhaps graphene will take over some day, but like I said, its still a new technology.

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Ill leave this here, from what ive seen tradional spray coatings/ toppers are getting out lasted by Adams spray Graphene coating. Mainly car pro reload.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Ill leave this here, from what ive seen tradional spray coatings/ toppers are getting out lasted by Adams spray Graphene coating. Mainly car pro reload.

From my experience CarPro Reload is easy to apply and smells nice but does not last long as a stand alone option. It is meant to be a topper for CarPro ceramic that you apply after maintenance washes.

TW Seal and Shine is cheaper and lasts much longer. We'll see on the Graphene sprays. I put 303 Aero Graphene on top of my TW just to see how long it lasts.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
From my experience CarPro Reload is easy to apply and smells nice but does not last long as a stand alone option. It is meant to be a topper for CarPro ceramic that you apply after maintenance washes.

TW Seal and Shine is cheaper and lasts much longer. We'll see on the Graphene sprays. I put 303 Aero Graphene on top of my TW just to see how long it lasts.
I have used reload as well, it really doesnt last that long. I ended up buying adams Graphene spray coating to test on my wheels. Once i notice less beading on the paint, I plan on applying adams.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Some interesting listening about Graphene coatings on the Obsessed Garage Podcast from 31/7/2020 (GT500 comes to OG), from about the 50min mark.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/pages/dialed-in-podcast

Considering CSL & Exo are recognized as one of the better coatings available, I wouldn't be in a hurry to remove.
Second this, Larry from AMMO says the same thing. Not sure the hype is worth it at the moment. I have a detail business and I have not changed. Ammo and CSL for me.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
im currently using the Adams Graphene ceramic spray on 2 of my cars and one of my parents to test it out. so far the water beads right off in rain, and using detail spray on it to keep it clean seems to be easy. will see how it looks in 6 months after winter....
as far as using it, it was easy and i can put it on anything, trim, glass, paint, etc.... so i didnt have to worry about all the blemishes that i would have with wax.
BUT...
if you want to do it right you have a LOT of prep work to do, making sure everything is CLEAN, and
free if any residue left behind. i spent 2 days cleaning everything on my wife's escape and about 30 min putting the actual Graphene Ceramic on the car. it looks nice.
my dad's truck was the experiment vehicle. it sits in the driveway mostly so when he did go out once in the rain he commented how his truck was dry when he parked it....all the water slid right off.
i still wax and do the normal detailing on the mustangs....since they stay in the garage mostly they dont need the ceramic in my opinion...

Sponsored
OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I will say I’ve had ceramic coatings on several vehicles and have always had water spotting issues because of the hard water around here. With the Graphene coating (not spray coating) I haven’t had any water spotting issues, so from that aspect there is some kind of improvement. I’ve had the coating on the car for however long this post has been up and it’s still working just as well as day 1, though I wouldn’t expect it to have degraded yet.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase