Sponsored

Speed Phenom is selling his GT500 CFTP...

Gt350_3143

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salem
Vehicle(s)
‘09 Sl63 AMG
He wants to flip it as he did with previous gt500 he sold
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Betting money says, Biden won and his trust fund is drying up a bit and he is going back to a Prius or maybe a Civic hybrid.

Maybe he can put the money towards girls, actual in person girls.
A lot of you people seem quite jealous(and insecure) he has what he has. How he got his car and how he earns his money is none of your business.

The points he raised in the video are valid. Who wants to have a set of tires last only two track days? Or fill up 3-4 tank fulls? In terms of running costs, the GT500 CFTP is not cheap and more expensive to run than a GT350R, GT3 RS, etc etc.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A lot of you people seem quite jealous(and insecure) he has what he has. How he got his car and how he earns his money is none of your business.

The points he raised in the video are valid. Who wants to have a set of tires last only two track days? Or fill up 3-4 tank fulls? In terms of running costs, the GT500 CFTP is not cheap and more expensive to run than a GT350R, GT3 RS, etc etc.
Then the answer is simple, don't track any kind of car. If you can't afford tires and gas, let alone other consumables, then you shouldnt dabble in something you can't afford.

Maybe when he sells, he will be able to move out of mom and dad's basement.

Edit to add:
No, not really. I track my GT350R and at the end of a 3 day weekend, I go through a set of tires, 2 sets of brakes, trans flush, diff flush, oil change, and i have to fill the tank after each session. So no. Its not much more than running a GT350R.

Sponsored

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150

Then the answer is simple, don't track any kind of car. If you can't afford tires and gas, let alone other consumables, then you shouldnt dabble in something you can't afford.

Maybe when he sells, he will be able to move out of mom and dad's basement.

Edit to add:
No, not really. I track my GT350R and at the end of a 3 day weekend, I go through a set of tires, 2 sets of brakes, trans flush, diff flush, oil change, and i have to fill the tank after each session. So no. Its not much more than running a GT350R.
Hmmm. Was considering doing my first track day next summer with my 350 (largely just to see if I like it) - this has scared me off a bit to be honest. Paying for access is expensive enough, but that is a lot of consumable cost. Any idea how much to budget for a single day? (note, running A/S 3+ tires, so hopefully they should last a bit better (even if I need to go slower).

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tom: If you go back to about Page 3 in this thread, you'll get to read the straight skinny from The Chairman. He summed up the costs of tracking a car today.

To quote Don:

---------
I used to (humorously) refer to a HPDE as a “$1,000 weekend.” (Spousal unit heard me say that once...she was not happy. :explode: )
A few years ago, that increased to a “$2,000 weekend”
The GT500 is a “$3,000 weekend.”
COTA = $995 + 250 garage
Track Ins = $488 ($75K value)
Hotel = $250
Tires =
Brakes =
Gas = $200
Food =
Fill in the blanks and you are over $3,000
---------

KB

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The 3 day weekend for me is some very aggressive driving. Just understand that taking a car on the track involves some wear and tear. The less aggressively you drive your car the less the consumables will wear out. I wouldn't let this thread scare you out of anything. Price a set of brake pads, oil change, diff flush and your tires should be fine after 1 track day.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tom: If you go back to about Page 3 in this thread, you'll get to read the straight skinny from The Chairman. He summed up the costs of tracking a car today.

To quote Don:

---------
I used to (humorously) refer to a HPDE as a “$1,000 weekend.” (Spousal unit heard me say that once...she was not happy. :explode: )
A few years ago, that increased to a “$2,000 weekend”
The GT500 is a “$3,000 weekend.”
COTA = $995 + 250 garage
Track Ins = $488 ($75K value)
Hotel = $250
Tires =
Brakes =
Gas = $200
Food =
Fill in the blanks and you are over $3,000
---------

KB
I'll expand upon my expenses later today.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
To sum up the consumables cost for track driving the MX-5 is golden :)
Just lacking 500hp, I still love mine though

On Speedphenoms channel he actually has a video where i explains how he is funding his cars and it is through the videos according to himself. I don't think socialblade gives the full picture.

Either way more power to him and anyone that likes cars!
Even if he has the cash for it or not spending 2k on tires per session(if it is that bad) is a lot of money even if you have the money. He seems to be hitting the track often and le'ts say you have 10 sessions every year with that car it becomes a quite big cost and that is just for tires alone

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
$500/2-day weekend and you can campaign a 160+HP motorcyle that goes faster than pretty much any 4-wheeler. :) And you can lean left and right and skim your knee/elbow/toes on the ground to boot. Car driving is so incredibly lame by comparison. :p

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm. Was considering doing my first track day next summer with my 350 (largely just to see if I like it) - this has scared me off a bit to be honest. Paying for access is expensive enough, but that is a lot of consumable cost. Any idea how much to budget for a single day? (note, running A/S 3+ tires, so hopefully they should last a bit better (even if I need to go slower).
Being your 1st time, you will not use up as much of the consumables that the experience gentlemen on this thread have stated.

You will wear some items, but you will not be "pushing" the car to the limits of the experienced.

Go do the 1st time and see if you enjoy it. Then think about the cost later. As you become more experienced, you will start to wear items faster. THEN, evaluate your budget to see if something you want to continue.