Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Thanks. That's good to know. Something to entertain me when my warranty expires.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
2 chargers, one 392 and one that was a v8 but de-badged so who knows. The 392 pulled up next to me from a roll of 50-60 and i downshifted so he could line up. I let him jump before i hit the gas. I pulled on him slowly the whole way, from a bumper to bumper roll he wound up at my passenger door by the time he gave up. Another Charger that for sure was a v8 but de-badged, we tried to go from a roll and it looked like I pulled on him but we didn't have the room to do anything. Fortunately we ended up at a dead stop then both launched at the same time. By the end of first gear i put his bumper to my door and by the time I threw it into third i had 2 cars on him. He asked if I was supercharged and I told him no lol.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
My GT convertible must be really slow because it can't beat my 335i and it only puts out about 350whp.
I would think they would be pretty close. What do you have done to the 335? FBO on pump gas?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would think they would be pretty close. What do you have done to the 335? FBO on pump gas?
I'm guessing 350whp based on what others have said about some mods. It could be low. It has
upgraded intercooler, injectors, coil packs, plugs, intake, down pipe, charge pipe, stage 2 tune... maybe some things with the turbos. My son-in-law does all the work and he has been building turbo motors for years and he is very good at it. I don't keep track of what he is doing. I don't drive it much any more.

My GT convertible would probably be quicker with better gearing. It's a bit slow with 3:15 gears. It also weights more than the BMW by about 300lbs.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I'm guessing 350whp based on what others have said about some mods. It could be low. It has
upgraded intercooler, injectors, coil packs, plugs, intake, down pipe, charge pipe, stage 2 tune... maybe some things with the turbos. My son-in-law does all the work and he has been building turbo motors for years and he is very good at it. I don't keep track of what he is doing. I don't drive it much any more.

My GT convertible would probably be quicker with better gearing. It's a bit slow with 3:15 gears. It also weights more than the BMW by about 300lbs.
350WHP sounds about right if you're on pump gas. I can see how it might be a bit sluggish with 3:15 gears. I have 3:55s in mine.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Ran into a 350z tonight that really impressed me. I figured I'd smoke him but, from a roll, I needed until about 110 mph to put a car length between us. We exchanged thumbs up at the stop light and went from a dig. I gapped him pretty hard with first, but it was fun. I don't think people expect a Mustang to grip in 40° temps. My winter performance tires are the real sleeper :sunglasses:.

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
i raced a gsx 600 from a dig at a green light, hang with him until middle of his 1st gear/end of my 2nd gear then away he went lol.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
i raced a gsx 600 from a dig at a green light, hang with him until middle of his 1st gear/end of my 2nd gear then away he went lol.
After one of those pulled up besides me, revved and took off before the A10 could even downshift, was when I decided to go with FI.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need a blower to beat a street bike. A squirt gun will do the trick. Just wet the road a little. Or throw a couple of dry leaves down.
Wasn't carrying my squirt gun at the time. Nor my banana, Giant banana, triple banana, Browser Shell nor my favorite.... Fire Flower

Sponsored

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I ran a Eaton swapped Mach 1. Not sure what all was done to it but it sure did look good. I know it had some kind of exhaust, Eaton blower, and a intake by the sound of it. I thought I put it in drag mode but ended up in rain mode. Started around 60ish to around 130-140 and had about a car length on him. It was a bad ass car.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I ran a Eaton swapped Mach 1. Not sure what all was done to it but it sure did look good. I know it had some kind of exhaust, Eaton blower, and a intake by the sound of it. I thought I put it in drag mode but ended up in rain mode. Started around 60ish to around 130-140 and had about a car length on him. It was a bad ass car.
What year?

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I ran a Mclaren this afternoon with my 19 GT a10 and I got obli
teratr
2 chargers, one 392 and one that was a v8 but de-badged so who knows. The 392 pulled up next to me from a roll of 50-60 and i downshifted so he could line up. I let him jump before i hit the gas. I pulled on him slowly the whole way, from a bumper to bumper roll he wound up at my passenger door by the time he gave up. Another Charger that for sure was a v8 but de-badged, we tried to go from a roll and it looked like I pulled on him but we didn't have the room to do anything. Fortunately we ended up at a dead stop then both launched at the same time. By the end of first gear i put his bumper to my door and by the time I threw it into third i had 2 cars on him. He asked if I was supercharged and I told him no lol.
I ran a Mclaren this afternoon I don't know what model it was. I have a 19 GT with the A10 and I got obliterated. That was definitely the fastest car I've ever seen on the road. I mean he destroyed me. When he let up he had to be past 180.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hey it happens to the best of us. You did good by admiring it.
Sponsored