Sponsored
OP
OP

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
does everyone agree the wheels and wing are black? This is significant if they are.
I would not put money either way. IMO the photo quality and lighting make it a difficult read. We are expecting the carbon fiber handling pack to be painted CF wheels...a lot to take in here.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would not put money either way. IMO the photo quality and lighting make it a difficult read. We are expecting the carbon fiber handling pack to be painted CF wheels...a lot to take in here.
Yes, I agree about the CFHP. This is obviously a CFTP. They look black to me. I'll even add that exposed carbon would look horrible on that car.

@Goose17 would be a smart man for buying that extra set of exposed CF wheels if they are being discontinued in '21.

Not having exposed CF makes the production process so much easier. It would reduce cost and production time.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Don't "Insta" Tom, sorry but here's an upsampled copy of the original. I sure can't tell. However, I also don't think having an IG account would matter as I think they're like Fakebook and use low rez, locked images anyway.

KB

21-cf-wheel_1920.jpg

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hard to tell, but that second one looks darker than the exposed carbon wheels making me lean towards painted

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Don't "Insta" Tom, sorry but here's an upsampled copy of the original. I sure can't tell. However, I also don't think having an IG account would matter as I think they're like Fakebook and use low rez, locked images anyway.

KB

21-cf-wheel_1920.jpg

IG saves multiple copies - in different resolutions - of the uploaded image (to the FB CDN ...), there's a couple of tricks to access the larger images, though even the larger images tend to have a good bit of noise.

In looking at the larger image, these definitely look like a very glossy black finish, without any visible CF.

I wonder if the wheels are painted CF, and the new CFHP will have the same wing design as the 2020 CFTP, but manufactured in lower cost <not_carbon_fiber>.

Which would be what we're seeing in these photos.

This yellow definitely has a little more of a green shift vs. the GT350 yellow that shifted a touch more red (it's not unlike OF vs. TO).

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Shows you what I know about IG, DT but clearly you know what you're talking about. Any chance you can access the higher rez version of that photo? Not just upsampled as I did. An increase in noise with stated higher resolution often tells me it's not really.

If you can, that'd be great or maybe Keller (@obspsd) can help find it again.

KB

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Shows you what I know about IG, DT but clearly you know what you're talking about. Any chance you can access the higher rez version of that photo? Not just upsampled as I did. An increase in noise with stated higher resolution often tells me it's not really.

If you can, that'd be great or maybe Keller (@obspsd) can help find it again.

KB
Yes, if anyone can find another photo of the same ride, certainly keller can.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I have been looking but have come up empty so far.

In my opinion, I think they are painted black. Certainly would like to see more pictures to know for sure.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah....not a big fan of that particular yellow personally. Too close to chartreuse....

It might work on a fishing lure.

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
does everyone agree the wheels and wing are black? This is significant if they are.
I thought I read in a Ford document that 2021 CF wheels were painted black

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
FTR, I added black stripes over the white ones in that image.
I like the yellow with white stripes. Add white lettering on the tires to complete it

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
David: I can see white on yellow, I just think black stripes go better with the rest of the black on the car.

But white lettering on the tires? On car tires? That kinda dates the vehicle, don'tcha think?

The raised letters seem fine on a truck but to me, the days of them on car tires are behind us.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)