Sponsored

Speed Phenom is selling his GT500 CFTP...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
His first track day...watch from the point the clip starts to about 14:45...

His second track day...watch from the point the clip starts to about 17:20...

Result? Say some nice things (he wants to sell the car after all, don't want to ruin it for himself) but cuts bait because his 4,000 pound car wore his tires down after two full track days.

Sounds legit.

tenor.gif

This the state of our society, 2020. Balls apparently don't drop anymore and we are driven by emotion instead of common sense. The kid needs to hunker down and educate himself a bit on some basic vehicle dynamics/physics. Then again, this is the YouTube generation where everything is driven by clicks instead of the desire to understand and improve. Ken Miles is high above, face palming (extended version).
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I'm going through 1/4 of a tank every 10 minutes with the ZLE, so I have to fill up after every session so that I can run the next full session. It's just a high horsepower issue.

Just another data point.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm going through 1/4 of a tank every 10 minutes with the ZLE, so I have to fill up after every session so that I can run the next full session. It's just a high horsepower issue.

Just another data point.
Yes, and the tire wear as he is complaining about isn't horrific.

@Epiphany
Again, a set after a track weekend with heavy braking and turns looks about like that in the R. And yes, even in the R, the tire performance goes down as you track more. Did you notice that each time he went back and forth on the wheel to demonstrate a lack of traction that he was accelerating. Everyone knows that when doing so, you are transferring weight off the front wheels to the rear inducing a bit of understeer to compound the problem. Such a rapid input left to right Again, what were his tire pressures? Temperatures? How much you want to bet that he didn't know or even check. So, I think this is a simple case of buyers remorse or a bit of "I need more clicks" to help pay for more tires.

Next episode.... "I changed my mind".

Edited to add:
One thing I am sure of, he has a plan moving forward. I just hope it does not involve a Ford product.

Last edited:

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
This is an example of retarded entitlement. The factory alignment specs are never designed for track use. They're designed to do two things:
1) minimize tire wear with tame driving
2) make sure the car understeers

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I can only get one session per tank at COTA. Maybe get 3 laps into the second session before all the low fuel lights are blinking. creating 760 HP takes a lot of fuel. Laws of physics. Costs money....
The stock PS4S tires have held up well so far. Have 10 sessions and about 1,000 miles on my Base HP.
This kid is complaining about exactly how the car is supposed to work. Clueless.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
People like him wouldnā€™t be on the radar if everyone didnā€™t care so much.

Who gives a flying about this guy and his opinion?

Hes no better than the half naked women and other tools doing whatever that can to stay relevant and rack up that like count.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
You can tell he likes his GT350R better for track use. Nothing wrong for that.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I've never tracked a car, so i could be talking out of my ass, but I didnt even watch the whole video and jumped around it, 1 min he's touting great things about the car, next min he's bashing it. He blames tires, fuel consumption, (dont know if anything else as I couldn't listen to him anymore) my take, he doesn't know how to drive a car, he probably thinks the correct way to track drive the car is to drift around turns, I was watching two clips in his video going around turns, did anyone notice how he jerks the steering wheel to regain control of the car? And Gas? Mustangs clearly aren't known for mileage, My '16 CS base barely got avg 18mpg with normal driving.

Again I've never tracked, but I say he doesn't know how to drive, or as someone said, there is more to this story.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I've never tracked a car, so i could be talking out of my ass, but I didnt even watch the whole video and jumped around it, 1 min he's touting great things about the car, next min he's bashing it. He blames tires, fuel consumption, (dont know if anything else as I couldn't listen to him anymore) my take, he doesn't know how to drive a car, he probably thinks the correct way to track drive the car is to drift around turns, I was watching two clips in his video going around turns, did anyone notice how he jerks the steering wheel to regain control of the car? And Gas? Mustangs clearly aren't known for mileage, My '16 CS base barely got avg 18mpg with normal driving.

Again I've never tracked, but I say he doesn't know how to drive, or as someone said, there is more to this story.
The kid can drive. He's fast. He's just not calibrated to consumables of heavy, high horsepower cars is all.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Anyway, a friend who needed a set of Cup2's for track use mentioned that he was in need. I gave him the set with 10K miles on them and he got a full track weekend out of them.

And PROBABLY more than 1 or 2 track days out of them.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And PROBABLY more than 1 or 2 track days out of them.
Oh, tell us how many track days you got total out of those tires.....

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, tell us how many track days you got total out of those tires.....
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Very aggressive track in North Florida I predict to get about 8 or 9 days out of them.

BIG BUT, as @Tomster stated, the more you use them, the less traction.

But also remember, I was told to run them until corded. A few months ago, Tom posted a picture I sent him when I corded one of my original cup 2's. That set of fronts had about 10-11 track days on them.

Now I have 2 sets of Cups. One set on the CF wheels that I use for High speed tracks like Daytona and Charlotte, the other set are on a set of Non R wheel, (thats the set Tom gave me) and use them on smaller tracks because I dont care of the wear and tear on them

Dmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Kid is an idiot. Tires only last so long. How much tread is left doesnā€™t matter when pushing tires that hard. We also have these things called ā€heat cyclesā€. Has the kid ever watched a race, they are constantly changing tires....I wonder why? As far as fuel, we always trailered cars to the track and brought our own fuel.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150

if you havenā€™t tracked a car Ever but you assert he canā€™t drive?

Joetwint

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
05 Ford GT,21FordGT Carbon Series,20 GT500
Because youtube
Sponsored