Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
A friend back in the late 60's got caught doing 135 in a 20 mph zone.
They took his license for 5 years.
His dad had just bought the car in late '68, a 1969 Z/28.
He had just got it from the shop that had built the engine.

Imagine being 16 yo, having a car like this and can't drive it!!
He would let his licensed buddies drive it with him and his GF in it.
He dated like this all the rest of high school.
Bummer..........................................:stop:

OP
OP
Little Guy

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A friend back in the late 60's got caught doing 135 in a 20 mph zone.
They took his license for 5 years.
His dad had just bought the car in late '68, a 1969 Z/28.
He had just got it from the shop that had built the engine.

Imagine being 16 yo, having a car like this and can't drive it!!
He would let his licensed buddies drive it with him and his GF in it.
He dated like this all the rest of high school.
Bummer..........................................:stop:
that is too much power for a 16 yo. My neighbor bought his son a Dodge Charger a few months ago. I came home yesterday and saw his bumper in the trunk. He had hit a pole. Hell, I can still remember how I usedto drive in my 1979 Celica, which was only a 4 cylinder. If I had an 8 cylinder, who knows what I would have done.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The cop lost the tail lights of the mustang somewhere. around the 3 min mark. Easy win in court. The cop cannot prove it was the same mustang he started the chase.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Unless the licence plate is readable in the video - not impossible with a bit of help from an image enhancement software.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If they can read the plate, why put the public in danger by chasing? (you can prove the car but not the driver)

If the mustang driver was smart he would have slowed down after he lost the cop in the rearview, then pulled over like everyone else when he saw the lights.

The cop most likely would have sped past him. If not I would have said I was passed by a speeding mustang.

Once you lose the tail lights there is no chain of custody, so disengage.

Last edited:

Aa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmed
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
So is Roush gonna use this in their advertising ? :wink:

Cactus Jim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost, 1993 Mustang notchback 2.3 5spd(old work car)
The cop lost the tail lights of the mustang somewhere. around the 3 min mark. Easy win in court. The cop cannot prove it was the same mustang he started the chase.
When they come up on the resulting accident and find a 'Din-Do-Nuffin" Felon on the scene who is on parole, I think it makes for a pretty good case of solid circumstantial evidence to back up the assumptions of guilt. :bandit:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To chase or not to chase is really about the totality of the circumstances. I'm an LEO and work for a municipality. Our policy on vehicle pursuits rests much of the responsibility on the shift supervisor. I am also a shift supervisor, so I guess I'm up to bat... We recently had an incident where a female was car jacked at knife point at a gas station. We intercepted the car and pursued it. The pursuit was at times over 100mph and there was traffic on the road. However, this was a situation where the subject must be stopped and that was the decision that I made. The chase ended with the suspect crashing. The crash was a single vehicle MVA, therefore no LE vehicles or innocent motorists were involved. The last thing in the world I want to happen as a member of LE is to involve any innocent party. Will I cancel a chase for a traffic infraction, absolutely. Have I allowed chases to continue at night in low traffic conditions, absolutely. I fully realize that, at times, discretion is the better part of valor. I also would agree that we should at least give people pause before they decide to attempt to elude based off of the assumption that we won't pursue. Just a perspective...I try to not Monday morning quarterback. The good Lord knows we are all humans and most definitely make bad calls at times.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
To chase or not to chase is really about the totality of the circumstances. I'm an LEO and work for a municipality. Our policy on vehicle pursuits rests much of the responsibility on the shift supervisor. I am also a shift supervisor, so I guess I'm up to bat... We recently had an incident where a female was car jacked at knife point at a gas station. We intercepted the car and pursued it. The pursuit was at times over 100mph and there was traffic on the road. However, this was a situation where the subject must be stopped and that was the decision that I made. The chase ended with the suspect crashing. The crash was a single vehicle MVA, therefore no LE vehicles or innocent motorists were involved. The last thing in the world I want to happen as a member of LE is to involve any innocent party. Will I cancel a chase for a traffic infraction, absolutely. Have I allowed chases to continue at night in low traffic conditions, absolutely. I fully realize that, at times, discretion is the better part of valor. I also would agree that we should at least give people pause before they decide to attempt to elude based off of the assumption that we won't pursue. Just a perspective...I try to not Monday morning quarterback. The good Lord knows we are all humans and most definitely make bad calls at times.
Thank you for a great post Jimmy and welcome to the forum. Your perspective is an eye opener.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
that is too much power for a 16 yo. My neighbor bought his son a Dodge Charger a few months ago. I came home yesterday and saw his bumper in the trunk. He had hit a pole. Hell, I can still remember how I usedto drive in my 1979 Celica, which was only a 4 cylinder. If I had an 8 cylinder, who knows what I would have done.
Yeah it's a lot of power and when you're a kid, you don't respect it. I remember when I was in HS my friend had just got a new silver Trans AM WS6 and we were all oogling over it like it was the coolest thing we'd ever seen. The next morning as I'm riding to school on the bus, I see a car off to the side sloped down hill a bit like it had been in an accident, and as we got closer, I realized it was that brand new WS6, nose first in a ditch and I was just shaking my head. Got to school to ask what happened and he didn't have much to say, just simply lost control.

At that time I remember wanting and asking my parents for a big turbo Supra (high $20k's at the time, even for a low mile 6spd) but it was out of their budget, and so was my 2nd choice of a brand new New Edge GT..in the end I ended up getting an 11 yr old 97hp hand me down Acura that was missing 5th gear so I was limited to 60mph. And while I wasn't ungrateful I was just saddened that I couldn't get either of those other 2 fast cars...but looking back on it now I'm so glad I didn't (minus the supra, i'd of made like $30k haha) because I would of probably killed myself in either of those cars.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo