Sponsored

Mach 1 to get 525hp

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The

Good news being a Coyote not a Voodoo motor some of that hardware could trickle down into the FRPP catalog.

Is the GT500 engine considered a Coyote motor or a Voodoo?
If the goal is 525, I predict a 90 degree (to reduce flat plane vibration issues) Voodoo, or Coyote with Voodoo heads & intake.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Is the GT500 engine considered a Coyote motor or a Voodoo?
If the goal is 525, I predict a 90 degree (to reduce flat plane vibration issues) Voodoo, or Coyote with Voodoo heads & intake.
Neither. 2020 GT500 engine is a "Predator".

Sponsored

LS_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
LOL - threads like this age well....
Lol, a Bullitt engine is a sad settlement. Hopefully the article I read from MotorTrend is correct that they will be packing the GT350 transmission however. That'll be worth a lot for the driver's connection to the car.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Lol, a Bullitt engine is a sad settlement. Hopefully the article I read from MotorTrend is correct that they will be packing the GT350 transmission however. That'll be worth a lot for the driver's connection to the car.
I am sure it is accurate - it is literally re-print of Ford's press release. Tremec is a nice touch especially with a rev matching but rest is exactly what I thought - few parts thrown in - little more than on PP2.

LS_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am sure it is accurate - it is literally re-print of Ford's press release. Tremec is a nice touch especially with a rev matching but rest is exactly what I thought - few parts thrown in - little more than on PP2.
One can only hope that the Tremec with the correct drive shaft will make it's way into the Ford Performance catalog. Would be a good upgrade for a few guys with transmission problems as well.

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
First of all
1) the mods Ford did to the mach 1 and bullitt engine alone make the 480hp rating a joke and the question is why
Ford came out with the same top end package for for the gen 2 engine remember the stage 3 frpp package. Ford rated that at 478hp, yes the tune will be more aggressive than what you’ll get on the mach 1 and bullitt. But the bullitt already has shown to make 420-450whp. Aka what some gt350s have made to wheels on a heartbreaker dyno. The point is the actual output is more like 500hp, so i wouldn’t be surprised if Ford pulls a 2013 mustang GT move and go wow it’s 490hp now and not much of anything other than made add some timing

the big issue for me is that they didn’t do some special just for the mach 1 on the engine side, it wouldn’t of been that hard to make it a 5.2 the bore is the same size as the gt350.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
My thoughts why we didn't get something "special" for the Mach 1's engine.

1 - Ford are no doubt working on a Gen 4 Coyote for S650, so resource and funding will be focused on that.
2 - Mach 1 will be just a 2 year run (S650 debuts as a '23MY in 2022)
3 - Ford wanted world-wide sales. The Bullitt engine was already homologated for worldwide sales. Using it for Mach 1 just makes sense.

Do I wish it came with something like a 525hp 5.2 cpc n/a V8? Heck yes. Do I understand why Ford didn't? Yes I do.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

1 - Ford are no doubt working on a Gen 4 Coyote for S650, so resource and funding will be focused on that.
3 - Ford wanted world-wide sales. The Bullitt engine was already homologated for worldwide sales. Using it for Mach 1 just makes sense.

Do I wish it came with something like a 525hp 5.2 cpc n/a V8? Heck yes. Do I understand why Ford didn't? Yes I do.
I may understand why, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

Ford is going to have to do some major updates to get over 500hp in the coyote that’s production viable keyword there folks

and remember they said this engine design was going last 10 years. So I wouldn’t be surprised if you see an heavily updated 5.0 and i mean heavily or a brand new v8 in the s650
Sponsored