Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
someone at the m6g mach 1 forum just signed up for a mach 1 in the fighter jet gray with appearance package and 6-spd for $93K australian dollars which is $66,250 USD. ok i get that the gt350 isnt sold there but wow...
$66,250 for Shelby hand-me-downs without the Voodoo is a slap in the face.

But I can't blame him though, I am a huge muscle car fan and if tariffs/emissions fucked me from getting cars like that I'd hop on anything I could get

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
There was a great comparison graph on the SVTperformance website, the link has been taken down, which is odd. (still evidence it once existed.....)

Most graphs on internet show not small differences below 4500rpm.
I have at '15 GTP -- adding Power Pack 2 completely changed the torque profile and gives a real kick in the butt in the low end. Looking forward to that feeling in the mach1, especially with 10 gears to go through.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I would disagree with "it has the majority of the goodies". It doesn't have the engine or the brakes. Those are the two best things in the GT350. Without the special engine and brakes the GT350 would be nothing IMO.

It also doesn't have the carbon fiber wheels, which if you go to the level of the R - those wheels are one of the best parts of the car.

But it does have the track cooling, which will be great.

I'm not interested in the DI engine. I'm too concerned about its reliability. IMO it's unproven. I also don't like the pollution of DI engines. I by far prefer port injection. It might burn more fuel by a small percentage, but it's a lot simpler and we know that the Coyote with port injection is dead reliable.
It does have the brakes and the Bullitt engine (480hp...), and you can spring for the carbon fiber wheels if you want.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I just saw the car at the Shelby N America event at NC Charlotte Speedway. Interesting car, and Ford talked it up along with the HI-PO Ecoboost. They did stop short of it taking a GT350 or a GT500, but they did put it on the pedestal.

Interesting as well is that Ford will sanction a 3rd party company to make the Shaker Hood. It will be a option the dealer can do, for those who want the hood and looking to go fast in a straight line type.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm glad Ford is making the Mach 1. Without it and the GT500, I don't think there was a way to get past the bean counters with the Voodoo.

Sponsored

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I just saw the car at the Shelby N America event at NC Charlotte Speedway. Interesting car, and Ford talked it up along with the HI-PO Ecoboost. They did stop short of it taking a GT350 or a GT500, but they did put it on the pedestal.

Interesting as well is that Ford will sanction a 3rd party company to make the Shaker Hood. It will be a option the dealer can do, for those who want the hood and looking to go fast in a straight line type.
Ford mentioned this? Very interesting, I wonder if their doing the same with the lights they kept mentioning “some aftermarket company will make some in no time to pop in there” dealer installed seems a little worrying especially since it will need a new hood, paint work and all the rest.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Ford mentioned this? Very interesting, I wonder if their doing the same with the lights they kept mentioning “some aftermarket company will make some in no time to pop in there” dealer installed seems a little worrying especially since it will need a new hood, paint work and all the rest.
I received this info straight from the head of Ford projects and the head of engineering. He even showed me moch up's of the shaker installed. It seems they cut the hood, and then match the paint over. It will be fully functional with the cold air intake. The reason it was not put in from factory is because of the Aireo for road course applications.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It seems they cut the hood, and then match the paint over. It will be fully functional with the cold air intake.
it's hard to believe Ford would leave this money on the table. It's a trivial thing to not offer it on the Handling Package and highlight on the Build&Price that it robs whatever MPH from top speed which you can't hit anyway on anything shorter than 1/2 mile so the internal objections are just stupid and myopic.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
it's hard to believe Ford would leave this money on the table. It's a trivial thing to not offer it on the Handling Package and highlight on the Build&Price that it robs whatever MPH from top speed which you can't hit anyway on anything shorter than 1/2 mile so the internal objections are just stupid and myopic.
I suspect that a bigger factor in the decision was the cost of extra safety testing and other homologation costs for a low-volume item like the shaker hood. If it interferes with airflow and induces understeer on a road race track, Ford would have made it an alternative option, but only if the market was big enough to repay the investment in engineering and safety. Getting a third party to make it is a workaround that gets it to customers on a cost effective basis.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I suspect that a bigger factor in the decision was the cost of extra safety testing and other homologation costs for a low-volume item like the shaker hood. If it interferes with airflow and induces understeer on a road race track, Ford would have made it an alternative option, but only if the market was big enough to repay the investment in engineering and safety. Getting a third party to make it is a workaround that gets it to customers on a cost effective basis.
Exactly. And do not forget about airflow and gas mileage. Also production line changes for the hood and all of the extra parts. We tend make it sound so simple. Just do this and just do that. Until you see a production line and what it takes to make changes and then realize that it is not.
Sponsored