OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's not good for your exhaust valves either from the timing being retarded so far. There is actually a good reason as to why high performance engines do exhibit SOME pops and bangs on shifts and coming off the throttle. But any more after a moment or two once the throttle body shuts is poor tuning or your car isn't up to temp yet.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Also the next annoying part of all this is when I run into dummies on the highway that have a super super loud exhaust or the crap burble pop tune they decide to rev their cars so they can pop. This always happens once they spot me. So f..king annoying.

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
Also the next annoying part of all this is when I run into dummies on the highway that have a super super loud exhaust or the crap burble pop tune they decide to rev their cars so they can pop. This always happens once they spot me. So f..king annoying.
Yes. This. Ugh.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
There is an Audi I see on the way to work sometimes that constantly accelerates and decels just to make the noise. It sounds so horrible! I guess they think it sounds cool?

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
The burble note came as an option which I chose on my 93 octane tune from PD Tuning, it sounds great but I don't go burble burble all over the place on purpose because it really attracts attention.

I have found that I enjoy the drive the most when I take it easy on the go pedal, leaving it in D mode on the 10R80 and enjoy the roads (especially the turns!).

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Like this turner he decides to give a stock mustang the burble/popcorn tune calls it the tommy gun tune the most extreme okay I know that cant be healthy in the long run. Fast forward to 6:30. Just like people that like to put ghost cam tunes. I like some noise but ridiculous and unnecessary burgle, pops, 20 inch wide exhaust
that makes car sound like poop and ghost cams. I like some noise but in moderation. I rather hear a supercharger whine than exhaust

Last edited:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My 16 did this stock when I put on the Roush axlebacks. It is more pronounced now with the power pack 2 kit. It never pops or bangs just burbles when coasting to a light In gear.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
My 16 did this stock when I put on the Roush axlebacks. It is more pronounced now with the power pack 2 kit. It never pops or bangs just burbles when coasting to a light In gear.
I dont see a problem when a car does a pop here and there or has a slight burble. What the issue is people adding these dumb tunes that makes these noise at their request and annoying as they are very loud

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Yea I agree. Mine doesn't sound repulsive. Just a low burble. I saw the vid. I would Not want that at all.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
That's exactly what my Charger's active exhaust does in track mode. When you gently let off the throttle it makes some burbles. Very nice sound for a stock exhaust.
My 2019 GT w/Active exhaust and resonator delete/H pipe is the same. Perfect sounding exhaust.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
So I first heard of a burble tune about 15 minutes ago when I clicked onto this thread....
I went to YouTube to see what the hype is about and try to educate myself.
I watched 3 different burble tune videos put out by what appeared to be 3 different boy band members with BMWs and Subarus.
After I throwing up a little bit in my mouth, I came back here to learn everything I need to know about burble tunes from my Mustang peers....

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I asked if I could get just a few pops on shifts(Not a burble tune, just a few pops, like for a quarter second), he(Alex) refused because it "makes the car run like shit". I took his advice. Car runs great. I'd like more pops, but realistically, if it's not good for the car, i'm fine with that.

Edit: Also, to be honest, I realized it has the right kind of "popping" on 6000+ shifts, I just cant hear it in the cabin. I would like a tiny bit more, but not at the expense of not being right for the car.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I can’t imagine that these so called “tunes” are good for the engine internally when used long term....

Might as well bring back the spark plugs screwed into end of tailpipes, hooked to ignition and dumping of raw fuel to create the flamethrowers....
Sponsored