Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
This is certainly the exception to the rule, as MOST dealerships won’t cover ANYTHING on a car that’s modified for track use. Hell, I’ve seen a GT350 owner with a grenade engine get his warranty claim denied because he had a rear wing and front splitter, even though the whole rest of the car was stock. Dealerships certainly will void entire powertrain warranties over things like exhaust/intake mods (things that Mach 1 come stock with), coolers (diff, trans, engine oil), wheel/tire changes (citing increased stress on powertrain components due to increased grip)... hell, I’ve even had a dealership threaten to void my powertrain warranty because I asked them to put in 5W30 oil instead of 5W20! :facepalm:

It’s scenarios like that that push me towards wanting a Mach 1, because while I can afford to replace an engine on my own, I’d rather not HAVE to do it on a relatively new car, ESPECIALLY when it wasn’t caused by any sort of negligence. And with the line of work that I’m in, I rarely stay in the same city, let alone the same state, for more than 5 years, so it’s more than just finding a good dealership. This wouldn’t be the case if Ford dealerships in general were more inclined to work with their performance-minded customers, but such is life
i got a better story lol my local dodge dealer refused to fix all of the broken hellcat driveshafts when it was an issue stating “ it was from abuse” about 15 guys got denied it was a crap show
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
52k starting uggh. And Recaros not even standard.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had problems selling these.

Makes me reconsider just buying a used GT350. Or waiting for the 7th gen.
i honestly don’t see it being a huge seller, the bullitt didn’t light the world on fire liked they had hoped. Basically IMO it need to have some bespoke parts and engine mods

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
i got a better story lol my local dodge dealer refused to fix all of the broken hellcat driveshafts when it was an issue stating “ it was from abuse” about 15 guys got denied it was a crap show
Funny, the dealer doesn't make those decisions, Dodge would have. Was the problem that the dealer didn't want to file the warranty claim or that they did and Dodge denied them?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
i honestly don’t see it being a huge seller, the bullitt didn’t light the world on fire liked they had hoped. Basically IMO it need to have some bespoke parts and engine mods
I do not think Ford is looking for the Mach 1 to be a big seller no different than the Bullitt. Both are specialty cars and as such have a limited appeal. The Bullitt actually did quite well. It was the dealers and their stupid ADM's that had them sitting on the lots a lot longer then they should have been. But Ford showed them as "sold" so they didn't care.

As far as the Mach 1 the feature content is just fine. Of course they could have done more. But at what price. $52k for a base car was not really unexpected but it is pushing the boundaries for a 5.0 Mustang. I guess we'll see when deliveries start.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
FWIW, I'm disappointed but not at all surprised at the price of the Mach 1. $4,000 more than the Bullet for essentially the same car (albeit with different color trim) seems like a big price hike for a year's time. With options and dealer greed, and the car will be closer to $60k out the door. As much as I like my Mustang, that's just too much. I can't justify paying probably $35k on top of what my mint 9k mile 2015 loaded GT is probably worth to get essentially the same car with a few more hp and more distinctive trim (I could probably make my car look like a Mach 1 for a hell of a lot less than the $35k price difference). I'd love to have a Mach I as my last Mustang, but not for $35k over my current car.

It's not surprising. That genius Jim Hackett said he wanted to reduce volumes and increase price per unit sold on Ford products. Even though he's out, this scheme is his legacy. Sell fewer Mustangs but each one at a higher price is exactly what he wanted.

It might make profit 'margins' look good in the short term to make wall Street happy and pump up the stick price a bit, but it's a delicate tipping point when enough buyers say it's just not worth it, and total revenues go down. It seems I already own my last Mustang...

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
FWIW, I'm disappointed but not at all surprised at the price of the Mach 1. $4,000 more than the Bullet for essentially the same car (albeit with different color trim) seems like a big price hike for a year's time. With options and dealer greed, and the car will be closer to $60k out the door. As much as I like my Mustang, that's just too much. I can't justify paying probably $35k on top of what my mint 9k mile 2015 loaded GT is probably worth to get essentially the same car with a few more hp and more distinctive trim (I could probably make my car look like a Mach 1 for a hell of a lot less than the $35k price difference). I'd love to have a Mach I as my last Mustang, but not for $35k over my current car.

It's not surprising. That genius Jim Hackett said he wanted to reduce volumes and increase price per unit sold on Ford products. Even though he's out, this scheme is his legacy. Sell fewer Mustangs but each one at a higher price is exactly what he wanted.

It might make profit 'margins' look good in the short term to make wall Street happy and pump up the stick price a bit, but it's a delicate tipping point when enough buyers say it's just not worth it, and total revenues go down. It seems I already own my last Mustang...
? The mach 1 has plenty things different than the bullit other than just color options..

Your point as far as price vs your 2015 i understand though. Seeing as that its clearly not a DD for you and wont be driven much anyways..it really does depend if you are willing to spend that extra money for the improved mach 1 and if having that difference every 1 to 1.5k miles a year for you is worth it.

For me with it as a DD, with the improved manual transmission in it as well as many other options over my 2018, its an easier decision to me as ill be driving it every day. Itll be more expensive though thats for sure.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you really think the Mach 1 is the same thing as the Bullitt... well, that really speaks for itself...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
We're in exactly the same boat. My '15 won't crack 10K miles by the end of the season.

If the Mach would have had a bespoke NA 5.2 CPC for uniqueness, I'd probably pop for one. As it is it's too close to what I already have, and the cost delta over my '15 isn't worth it to me personally. Yawn. GT500 time. Or another classic car. Or another piece of property. Or.....

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ford Marketing knows better than you do, you unwashed heathen! :)
It's a crying shame it's not being offered. Also the 'white' detail stripe on a Yellow Mach? WTH, Red should be an option there as well. There is no justifiable reason to curtail some of these combos except that the art department thinks they know better than the customer. Bite me, K?
Could be worse, there is a certain company that makes sunroofs standard in their sportiest spec models. Which adds weigh, up high (the worst place), and makes it harder to fit for taller drivers or with a helmet (because the sporty model).

It seems like half my typical car buying search is taken up finding cars without sunroofs and with manuals.

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
"Mach 1 is going to be the most track ready V-8 Mustang right off the factory line."

How exactly is it more track ready than a GT350 or GT500?

"There will not be enough to meet demand," said Berj Alexanian, Ford Mustang spokesman.

Then make more.
Because GT350 and GT500 are Shelby’s? They are saying the Mach 1 is the most track ready Mustang, not Shelby. Hmmmm

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Because GT350 and GT500 are Shelby’s? They are saying the Mach 1 is the most track ready Mustang, not Shelby. Hmmmm
Good point, that's probably their angle. Ford's claim(s) are kind of ridiculous still though.

2 questions:

1. I wonder what the weight of the 2 option levels will be

2. I wonder how much the dealership network is salivating at the thought of another high ADM product from the mothership is coming their way.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2. I wonder how much the dealership network is salivating at the thought of another high ADM product from the mothership is coming their way.
Forum members are already getting MSRP deals. Of course there are still going to be dealers looking for their pound of flesh but honestly I think COVID-19 changes everything. Inventories are low. Dealers need cars they can sell, now. Maybe that will bring the greed level down a notch or two. We can only hope.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You’re overthinking it. Shelby’s are very much still Mustangs.

It was just simply bad journalism. Ford’s exact words are that it’s the “most capable 5.0 powered Mustang ever”... that was shortened by uneducated journalists to “most track capable Mustang”

Ford would’ve been better off saying “most track capable non-Shelby Mustang ever”, but that’s even a tough one because the Cobra R was pretty damn track capable

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Forum members are already getting MSRP deals. Of course there are still going to be dealers looking for their pound of flesh but honestly I think COVID-19 changes everything. Inventories are low. Dealers need cars they can sell, now. Maybe that will bring the greed level down a notch or two. We can only hope.
Thats super cool that M6G'ers are getting them at MSRP.

Unfortunately where I live I've never seen a specialty product without an ADM. Even RTR eco-booms are sporting a 5-10K markup.

Unfortunate but it is what the market will bear.
Sponsored