Sponsored

changing my Eco-boost engine for a Gen 3 Coyote 10 speed in a 2015 chassis, it is the first one?

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Great job! I've been quietly watching this thread from the start; epic man, EPIC!!!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats on getting the project finished and being able to drive it! Great thread!

Just curious, what's your total "all in" cost to date (approximate)? Will you be selling the EB drivetrain and components to recoup some of that swap expense?

Great job!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
Congrats on getting the project finished and being able to drive it! Great thread!

Just curious, what's your total "all in" cost to date (approximate)? Will you be selling the EB drivetrain and components to recoup some of that swap expense?

Great job!
thank you! i will give to everybody the total very soon, still left a few things to make it perfect (ecu tune) but this is mainly because the bolts-ons, I already have post to selling the engine. no lucky yet cause is damaged, but will see!

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Congratulations man. It must feel pretty good to be able to say “look at me now” to those who told you this wouldn’t ever work.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
thank you! i will give to everybody the total very soon, still left a few things to make it perfect (ecu tune) but this is mainly because the bolts-ons, I already have post to selling the engine. no lucky yet cause is damaged, but will see!
Let me know when you be going to a car show or something so I can see this thing

Sponsored

respec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
FM+FN GT x3, Ecoboost x2
I’ve just finished fitting a 2017 2.3l into a 2018 FN GT body with 18 interior wiring and 2017 engine bay harness (re-wired fog/blinkers/h-lights).
I have the digital dash, power centre console mod, heated steering, clockspring and steering wheel fitted as 18 spec but still coming across issues relating to mod coms in FDRS. Anychance you have a complete breakdown guide you could post? Thanks

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I remember when people said this would be easier to just sell the car and buy a GT... glad it worked out!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
I’ve just finished fitting a 2017 2.3l into a 2018 FN GT body with 18 interior wiring and 2017 engine bay harness (re-wired fog/blinkers/h-lights).
I have the digital dash, power centre console mod, heated steering, clockspring and steering wheel fitted as 18 spec but still coming across issues relating to mod coms in FDRS. Anychance you have a complete breakdown guide you could post? Thanks
the only way to do this is on the dealership, they have the license to re-program the computers, i tried everything before and this was the only way! they charge me like $600 for that!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
I remember when people said this would be easier to just sell the car and buy a GT... glad it worked out!
definitely it could be easier in case that my car was un-modified!! but where is the fun of that!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
respec, We need pics!!!!!!
it is actually a bunch of pics somewhere here!! but you can also check my YouTube channel (Diego Certified) with the hole process and pictures on my Instagram: @theredmus

check it out!!

respec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
FM+FN GT x3, Ecoboost x2
respec, We need pics!!!!!!
Ill post photos this week. Managed to eventually get a 10 speed conversion working. Trust this conversion isn't something you want to attempt if you want a balanced lifestyle and a healthy headspace..... But hey, if you enjoy a 6 month headache, by all means id help those interested in the old to new fn upgrade. Is only possible if you have access to fords database, fdrs, fjds and a j2534 pass thru device

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Redmus ya do GREAT work ! I wish ya were close to me . You don't like RED do ya ??? :giggle:

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I did it. I took my 2015 EB, saw a 2019 GT Premium PP1 loaded with everything but Magnaride, said I will take that one, and traded in my 2015. Then took it to Steeda and had them upgrade the suspension and order me the GT Calibration Kit. That gave me all of the necessary suspension, tire, brake upgrades needed to handle 480 horses and more.
Sponsored