'21 GT (see sig)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Also, I didn't see the handling package for the Mach 1. Maybe late availability.
Ford is telling the dealers January availability. Mumbles ......... :explode:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yea Active X is a recycled plastic fabric. Its also available on the Escape.
"ActiveX™ Synthetic Leather Seating Material
ActiveX™ is a high-end synthetic leather material that's more durable and stain-resistant than authentic leather with the same premium feel." I can understand Ford's quandary. Yes, leather looks and smells nice when new. The problem being we are the few as enthusiast that will take the time to maintain it properly. Ford is simply lowering their exposure to warranty claims. As a stockholder, I am all for it.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Also the GT and Mach 1 are going FWD! Check out pages 4, 9, 14, 17, 21, under heading "Entities (Series, Drive, Engine, Transmission)". That's a big change! Huge! Why wasn't it announced? :shock::wink:
That's a Canada only safety feature ................... 'Cause the whole world knows Canucks can't drive rwd cars in snow. :cwl: :fistbump:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
So the PPL2 IS gone . Huh. Kinda makes sense with the Mach 1 coming on, though.

What exactly is Dynamic Brake Support? Has that been detailed yet?

Also, sad to see the illuminated glove box gone. My Fusin has that and it's a nice feature to have.
Good cost cutting on Fords part. Exactly how many have ever needed it ? The right side overhead console light provides better illumination.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Adaptive Cruise Control isn't available on the Mach 1 either, seems ridiculous.
Where in TX can you safely use it ? At 02:00 on I-10 west of Ft Stockton or, I-20 west of Monahans ? Yeah, on some of our ranch or farm to market roads maybe.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Where in TX can you safely use it ? At 02:00 on I-10 west of Ft Stockton or, I-20 west of Monahans ? Yeah, on some of our ranch or farm to market roads maybe.
What are you talking about? You think cruise control can only be used on a wide open highway where you're the only car? ACC is made specifically to use in traffic. Set it at 70-75-80-85, I usually set my cruise 5 over the posted speed. ACC keeps your set following distance and modulates speed for you, adapting to the traffic conditions.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I've had ACC on several late model high end cars. You can have it.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
"ActiveX™ Synthetic Leather Seating Material
ActiveX™ is a high-end synthetic leather material that's more durable and stain-resistant than authentic leather with the same premium feel." I can understand Ford's quandary. Yes, leather looks and smells nice when new. The problem being we are the few as enthusiast that will take the time to maintain it properly. Ford is simply lowering their exposure to warranty claims. As a stockholder, I am all for it.

You saw this before I edited my post. Interesting, as I feel Ford leather is crap, thats why I didn't mind a base 300a car. Going with Katzkins

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Sadly, the leather wears and develops chafing marks where peoples butts slide across the surface. Or, they scar it with their phones in the back pocket (women mostly) and expect Ford to cover it under warranty. Upholstery is considered a wear item. Just like plugs and windshield wipers. Try to explain that as a service writer to some soccer mom whos brat just scrapped across the seating surface with their cleats on. :cwl:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Sadly, the leather wears and develops chafing marks where peoples butts slide across the surface. Or, they scar it with their phones in the back pocket (women mostly) and expect Ford to cover it under warranty. Upholstery is considered a wear item. Just like plugs and windshield wipers. Try to explain that as a service writer to some soccer mom whos brat just scrapped across the seating surface with their cleats on. :cwl:

Agreed, but that doesn't take away the fact that Ford leather is known to be of the worse quality. You want better leather from Ford you have to go to Lincoln, unfortunately no Mustang Equivalent.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I can see the handling package being late. I believe when the PP2 was first released they did late delivery. I don't think they wanted people running around in cold weather on SC2 tires.

Hoping I'll be able to find a leftover 2021 Mach1 later for a good deal. If it's basically a slightly upgraded PP2 with slightly more power, better trans and coolers I can get what I want with a warranty instead of throwing thousands at my car.
Sponsored