Sponsored

2021 kills off the PP2 Pack as well now.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Yes GT350r is the one to have...especially 2020
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Only with handling package. Remains to be seen if that package is the only way to get the manual, unless I missed something.
Other way around. Only way to get the handling pack is to get the manual. No handling pack option with auto.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Cup 2 tires you're a smart guy you really think Cup 2 tires were made specifically for the PP2 or any other Mustang ?
Of course not. But there could be an allocation issue between Michelin and Ford. Depends on what was contracted for. You never know.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Of course not. But there could be an allocation issue between Michelin and Ford. Depends on what was contracted for. You never know.
You’re not so off to think that but doubt it. For example the track pack has gt500 exclusive cup2’s. The corvette has exclusive “3 season” Michelin pilot super sport 4s’.

Last edited:

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The production numbers of PP2 were low, especially due to COVID. So in essence, they are “rare” purely from production standpoint.

Sponsored

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The production numbers of PP2 were low, especially due to COVID. So in essence, they are “rare” purely from production standpoint.
Im interested in production #'s. For the 350 about 3600 were made in 6 years. idk when they started the pp2 production but if it was in 2018 to 2020 i wouldnt be surprised if the amount produced is close to that of the 350. No way are they comparable besides production #'s but the pps is just unique for us less fortunate to have a shot at getting the feel of what a 350 would feel like.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Except price and the stupid dealer markups to follow.
You honestly think there will be ADMs on Mach 1’s when they’ll be churning them out like raisonettes at a local theater (prior to Covid, of course)?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You honestly think there will be ADMs on Mach 1’s
A Ford dealer not looking to take advantage of a new limited edition Mustang. You honestly think there won’t be?

when they’ll be churning them out like raisonettes at a local theater
Ford has made it very clear that the Mach 1 will be a “limited edition” model. Production numbers have not yet been released. What leads you to believe that they will be readily available?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im interested in production #'s. For the 350 about 3600 were made in 6 years. idk when they started the pp2 production but if it was in 2018 to 2020 i wouldnt be surprised if the amount produced is close to that of the 350. No way are they comparable besides production #'s but the pps is just unique for us less fortunate to have a shot at getting the feel of what a 350 would feel like.
~ 3500 R’s will be produced over the total 6 years of production... I will have to search to look at the non-R numbers, but I would say <15k is probably likely.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Ford dealer not looking to take advantage of a new limited edition Mustang. You honestly think there won’t be?

Ford has made it very clear that the Mach 1 will be a “limited edition” model. Production numbers have not yet been released. What leads you to believe that they will be readily available?
Limited to < 5k...
Limited to < 10k...
Limited to < 15k???

“Limited to” is a catch phrase to play on your emotions, which it appears it has. Not knocking it, but what is so special about the Mach 1 that makes it stand out as a limited production ADM-worthy ride? Isn’t it essentially an upgraded PP2, downgraded GT350?

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Limited to < 5k...
Limited to < 10k...
Limited to < 15k???
That’s my point, we don’t know yet. It could be a Bullitt or it could be a GT350R.
Not knocking it, but what is so special about the Mach 1 that makes it stand out as a military production ADM-worthy ride?
Since when does a car need to be special for a dealer to add ADM?

Seriously though, this Mach 1 is obviously not a car you would have an interest in. But there will be thousands of people that will find it special enough to buy it. Some will pay MSRP, some ADM, and some below MSRP.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Correct, it was targeted at matching the SS1LE and it absolutely failed at doing so.

What it did however is surpass it in almost every conceivable way.
Hahahahahaha. Thanks for making me laugh this morning. No, of course it did not and it didn't even come close, especially given the price.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I know it will a surprise too many but they should try buying Kia Telluride at or below sticker... (not sure about this exact moment in time, but not long ago they were flying off the lots and some dealers priced above MSRP. So you're 100% right.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s my point, we don’t know yet. It could be a Bullitt or it could be a GT350R.

Seriously though, this Mach 1 is obviously not a car you would have an interest in. But there will be thousands of people that will find it special enough to buy it. Some will pay MSRP, some ADM, and some below MSRP.
Meh... it won’t be a GT350R, and that you can bet the bank on. If it were it’d have some CF goodies.

Unlike you labeled me though, I have a tremendous amount of interest in the Mach 1 for two reasons:

1) Ford’s success (Ford’s success even at the sub-Shelby level keeps interests at the board-level functions to promote heritage packages such as the Bullitt, Mach 1, etc),

2) this platform is an indicator of how Ford is setting up the future for the S650. The Mach 1 is filling a gap at an obviously lower cost than to:
a) keep the GT350 going,
b) bring out a whole new radical package at the end of the life-cycle of the S550 platform.

In other words, what’s coming in the S650 is likely going to be much more impressive than that of the outgoing sub-Shelby top-tier Mustang lineup. That’s what happened with the 2012-13 Boss 302’s as the S550 was immediately a more performance-oriented car than the outgoing top-tier, sub-Shelby Mustang.
Sponsored

Last edited: