Sponsored

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I mean really, if you want to look at value as a base for a highly modified track car, your BEST option will be a completely base model 5.0.
I thought about that. Package 96B gets you Magneride, which is worth it if you don’t plan on turning your car into a dedicated track car. Package 67G gets you Brembo brakes — same fronts as the GT350 but smaller rears. These should work pretty well on the track. Again, just thinking about “value” and not what the ultimate track Mustang would be.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You know, I think I have seen that GT500 being sold before. If it is the same one I saw a few years ago it is either a salvage car or something like that. Do you have the link? I thought it was cool...
I haven't seen it recently, the one I saw I think was a low milage clean title. I mayu be wrong. I suspected either the owner had died, grew bored of it fast/couldn't afford it, or it was a special order that never got picked up and just floated around. I was tempted to get it for the price a year or so ago, but damn it was an ugly combo. Shame because I love Grabber Blue.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Package 67G gets you Brembo brakes — same fronts as the GT350 but smaller rears
The calipers and rotors are NOTHING like each other. Getting components thru Ford as part of a factory build option is STUPID when you can buy the focused components from the parts or FP websites for much less.

The Mach 1 brakes are identical to the PP1 components. The only difference is that you get the gloss black paint instead of dark-gray. And you get to pay a $500 up-charge to equip with the Bullitt's red-painted parts when you could selected the Bullitt calipers from FordParts.com etc. for a small change in price and not paid for them twice.

This car is going to be a major sales disaster unless the same discount rates are applied to them.

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
My post was regarding value of a track focused car for the 2021 model year.

This is not correct. We do not yet know what kind of dampers, etc the Mach 1 will have
I haven’t noticed enough of a difference in lap times between the GT350 and GT350R at the track. The R has higher damping rates. Theoretically, it should help. In reality, many of us are running stiffer springs, so the advantage you would get isn’t as pronounced which is why none of us GT350 owners are clamoring to get our hands on the R‘s stuff.

And the OEM suspension links are junk. It’s stamp forged non-adjustable junk with limited camber adjustment. It defeats the purpose of running a square tire setup if you can’t adjust camber.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Schwerin did you do gears in your Bullitt? If I had it to do over I would have done gears instead of the Whipple. I am curious because I still like a stick but didn't like the ratios in the newer GT/Bullitt.

Sponsored

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
The calipers and rotors are NOTHING like each other.
Just looked it up, and you are correct. Good catch. The Mach 1 gets six piston Brembos up front and the PP2 single piston rear caliper — the Mach 1 does not receive the GT350 Brembos, nor would the GT with the 67G package.

Yes, indeed, you’d be better off going straight to aftermarket components.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This car is going to be a major sales disaster unless the same discount rates are applied to them.
I have to agree. I don't see this car being a big hit.

In addition to pricing, so many other things are silly. The full color palate should be offered. You should be able to get whatever stripe accent color you want no matter the paint color (within reason) outside the AP. No A10/HP. And so on. It's sort of confounding.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Aaah, way too much money for me. I'm considering a bronco base 2-door in tangerine dream orange, with the sasquatch package & the 2.7 twin-turbo 10-speed auto, all for under $35k...

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
The flip side to that is you also have a less streetable car that you’ve put THOUSANDS of dollars into that you’ll never get back, and you’ll lose your warranty.
I know it’s different from dealer to dealer, but the service tech at my local Ford dealer has told me repeatedly they’d honor the powertrain warranty so as long as I hadn’t modified anything on the powertrain. I’ve upgraded suspension components on all three of my past Shelby‘s and had TSB fixes done to the clutch and transmission and they never said anything about the obvious addition of a Watts bar and adjustable swaybar links.

I’ve also heard of people having their warranty voided for admitting they take their car to the track. Since the Mach 1 is being advertised as a “track capable” car, you’re probably less likely to encounter issues in that regard... so that’s a definite +1 for the Mach 1 in my opinion.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’ve also heard of people having their warranty voided for admitting they take their car to the track. Since the Mach 1 is being advertised as a “track capable” car, you’re probably less likely to encounter issues in that regard... so that’s a definite +1 for the Mach 1 in my opinion.
In regards to the warranty I would certainly take "track capable" with a grain of salt. I would also read the fine print on the warranty very carefully.

Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
In regards to the warranty I would certainly take "track capable" with a grain of salt. I would also read the fine print on the warranty very carefully.
I don't know about the Mach 1, but the 2020 GT500 will tattle on you to Ford and your Insurance Company.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's as simple as pulling a fuse.....

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Why not? Manuals suck. A Tremec just sucks a little less than an MT82.
"Now that there is funny ............. I don't care who you are!" :clap:
Sponsored