Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Well, this old rendering makes plenty of sense now. It's derived from informed knowledge for sure, as it didn't come out of thin air from the little I know.

Bear in mind this sculpture isn't fully representative of the vehicle in question. You simply don't give away all the details at once.

2023-ford-mustang-s650-concept.jpg
To be fair, this rendering is just the Mach-E Frontend and hood as a fastback. So I doubt this is coming from insider knowledge, just a wild guess based on Mach-E styling

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
To be fair, this rendering is just the Mach-E Frontend and hood as a fastback. So I doubt this is coming from insider knowledge, just a wild guess based on Mach-E styling
Front what I know and the other renderings out there, this surprisingly wasn't a bad guess. I didn't acknowledge it, until some months passed and I encountered something tangible.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Aga
Well, this old rendering makes plenty of sense now. It's derived from informed knowledge for sure, as it didn't come out of thin air from the little I know.

Bear in mind this sculpture isn't fully representative of the vehicle in question. You simply don't give away all the details at once.

2023-ford-mustang-s650-concept.jpg
Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation...jpg
again, it’s unfortunate that it just looks like the 2015 s550, but less sleek. Not new and nor progress.
‘’if this is indicative of where Mustang is going, then it looks to be going nowhere fast.
‘hopefully none of this represents the s650.
otherwise we will see a sales repeat on this side of what happened to the 6th gen Camaro.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
again, it’s unfortunate that it just looks like the 2015 s550, but less sleek. Not new and nor progress.
‘’if this is indicative of where Mustang is going, then it looks to be going nowhere fast.
otherwise we will see a sales repeat on this side of what happened to the 6th gen Camaro.
The Gen6 was a huge success. Imho such a big success always leads to one decision at carmakers: They become afraid of losing their customers with the next car, so they are tryiing not alter the visuals that much.
Also Refreshs are usally a hint towards how the next generation will look like. So if we would only know the 15 Mustang, this Gen7 preview would be a drastic change. But we already knew the headlight, bigger grille and hood design from the 18 model. So besides the single grille and lower bumper, this already looks familiar.

I honestly think they should have gone full retro with Gen 7 styling, that's the formula that works insanely well for the Challenger and Mustang enthusiasts usally don't look for the most modern looking sportscar. Make the Mustang look like a modern version of the '69 model. Wide upper grille, headlights directly next to the grille and not bending to the fenders, more angular rear bumper.
The big single grille and sleek look just doesn't fit a Mustang to me. Not every car in the lineup has to have the same generic corporate identity frontend. Basically you can take this concept model and slap an Audi or Hyundai badge on it without anybody noticing.

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
The Gen6 was a huge success. Imho such a big success always leads to one decision at carmakers: They become afraid of losing their customers with the next car, so they are tryiing not alter the visuals that much.
Also Refreshs are usally a hint towards how the next generation will look like. So if we would only know the 15 Mustang, this Gen7 preview would be a drastic change. But we already knew the headlight, bigger grille and hood design from the 18 model. So besides the single grille and lower bumper, this already looks familiar.

I honestly think they should have gone full retro with Gen 7 styling, that's the formula that works insanely well for the Challenger and Mustang enthusiasts usally don't look for the most modern looking sportscar. Make the Mustang look like a modern version of the '69 model. Wide upper grille, headlights directly next to the grille and not bending to the fenders, more angular rear bumper.
The big single grille and sleek look just doesn't fit a Mustang to me. Not every car in the lineup has to have the same generic corporate identity frontend. Basically you can take this concept model and slap an Audi or Hyundai badge on it without anybody noticing.
Explain the 6th gen Camaro then. Was this the conversation at GM, "Hmmm, no one seems to like the styling, let's double down on it!". You're right though, most cars could badge swap without anyone noticing.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Explain the 6th gen Camaro then. Was this the conversation at GM, "Hmmm, no one seems to like the styling, let's double down on it!". You're right though, most cars could badge swap without anyone noticing.
6th Gen Camaro is the perfect example of what I said. 5th Gen Camaro sales went better than Chevy could have ever expected. It was able to outsell the Mustang, which is just insane. When it came to designing Gen 6, they did evertything right with build a completely new car from scratch, ligther, going for a great sportscar and saving weigth. But they didn't want to lose the Gen 5 success, so they bascially went with keeping visually everything as it was. Besides the lower grille becoming bigger than the upper grille and new taillights, a non-car-enthusiast will have a hard time to distinguish both cars, especially since the 5th Gen refresh bascially was the 6th Gen styling on the 5th Gen body. Hell even as a Camaro6 owner I sometimes have to look closely if I see a Gen6 of Gen5 refresh on the street.

The Mustang6 in comparison of course teased some sytling elements on the 2013 refresh, but overall the Gen 6 looked fresh and new - which leads to exitement. Totally different bodylines, everything was styled more like a premium car compared to the blocky Gen 5 that already started to look dated. People instantly recognize the car as "The new Mustang". And the interior was a huge step from Gen 5 too.
I think if Gen 7 will look like this sculture and could easily be mistaken for a Gen 6 Mustang, it will defnitely not generate as much exitement as the 2015 launch.

Threads
Reaction score
Aga

So tired of these Mazda over exaggerated grills. Neither progressive or evolutionary imo.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Very well said.
6th Gen Camaro is the perfect example of what I said. 5th Gen Camaro sales went better than Chevy could have ever expected. It was able to outsell the Mustang, which is just insane. When it came to designing Gen 6, they did evertything right with build a completely new car from scratch, ligther, going for a great sportscar and saving weigth. But they didn't want to lose the Gen 5 success, so they bascially went with keeping visually everything as it was. Besides the lower grille becoming bigger than the upper grille and new taillights, a non-car-enthusiast will have a hard time to distinguish both cars, especially since the 5th Gen refresh bascially was the 6th Gen styling on the 5th Gen body. Hell even as a Camaro6 owner I sometimes have to look closely if I see a Gen6 of Gen5 refresh on the street.

The Mustang6 in comparison of course teased some sytling elements on the 2013 refresh, but overall the Gen 6 looked fresh and new - which leads to exitement. Totally different bodylines, everything was styled more like a premium car compared to the blocky Gen 5 that already started to look dated. People instantly recognize the car as "The new Mustang". And the interior was a huge step from Gen 5 too.
I think if Gen 7 will look like this sculture and could easily be mistaken for a Gen 6 Mustang, it will defnitely not generate as much exitement as the 2015 launch.

Reactions: Ace

Sponsored

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Vehicle Showcase
That looks almost like a Mustang belnded with a Infiniti Q50 front end.

I dont get why it's so hard for cars to stand apart anymore.
It’s not really a new phenomenon though, look at every 1959 model from ford/GM/Chrysler , they all were doing similar things. Fast forward to 64 and the cars looked way different than the ‘59s but still very similar to eachother .

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That looks almost like a Mustang belnded with a Infiniti Q50 front end.

I dont get why it's so hard for cars to stand apart anymore.
Man O man that sure is the truth, once upon a time we could look at the front or back of a car and know the manufacture.

All of them are so close anymore, literally changing the badges and one has a different car . In reality it's pathetic

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Man O man that sure is the truth, once upon a time we could look at the front or back of a car and know the manufacture.

All of them are so close anymore, literally changing the badges and one has a different car . In reality it's pathetic
I was talking to a friend about this last week. I used to be able to drive at night and know by the headlights what the car was. Now I have NO idea what is behind me and its almost "some form of SUV.. or maybe that's a truck"

Status
Not open for further replies.