Sponsored

Ford... What is your problem? GT500 owners, you need to read these quality control issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm speaking to the DCT. In my view Ford should be lauded for having the guts to choose the DCT. Tremec should be given props for delivering.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm speaking to the DCT. In my view Ford should be lauded for having the guts to choose the DCT. Tremec should be given props for delivering.
Tell tremic I said hello. Lol

I dont care how good one particular component is, the car is measured as a whole.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I dont feel it’s right to bash the GT500 being it’s a FORD product which I mean come on it’s Ford and yeah disappointing but nit every GT500 has the same issue on quality issues as radical as another. And I am Hellcat owner since 2015 and now on my second set of Charger and a Challenger Sets. Had the 2016 models and now have the 2019 models. And believe it or not some very unhappy Hellcat owners for poor quality control as well. Supercharger failure was prevalent in the 2015 2016 models. Paint and body panel issues was a huge issue. Some electrical issues and manual transmission issues a big problem. Axle failures, drive shaft failures, suspension and wheel issues, rattling noises that couldn’t be fixed, WOT (wide open throttle) issues to,the point one forum member did a burn out and WOT totaled his car and had body injuries...etc And not here challenging the thread and Tom but unfortunately we are car fanatics that want he utmost pristine built car and unfortunately many brands have serious quality control issues. Summing it up we all have a huge investment in a pretty bad ass factory produced car never attainable in our lifetime and we should not be telling others they are in so many words a POS. All manufacturers have issues and we are Ford Mustang Fans and owners who need to stick together and work out these issues to support the product and not throw away the product.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tom, I get that but was responding to Strokerswild's comment about waiting to purchase due to in part, uncertainty about the DCT.

Regarding measuring a car as a whole, I get that too but my belief remains that the choice to use a DCT elevated the car to a level beyond that of what a traditional manual transmission could. Much like when Ford moved away from the TR3160 6-speed manual in the GT350R-C and went to a sequential in the GT4 car.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I dont feel it’s right to bash the GT500 being it’s a FORD product which I mean come on it’s Ford and yeah disappointing but nit every GT500 has the same issue on quality issues as radical as another. And I am Hellcat owner since 2015 and now on my second set of Charger and a Challenger Sets. Had the 2016 models and now have the 2019 models. And believe it or not some very unhappy Hellcat owners for poor quality control as well. Supercharger failure was prevalent in the 2015 2016 models. Paint and body panel issues was a huge issue. Some electrical issues and manual transmission issues a big problem. Axle failures, drive shaft failures, suspension and wheel issues, rattling noises that couldn’t be fixed, WOT (wide open throttle) issues to,the point one forum member did a burn out and WOT totaled his car and had body injuries...etc And not here challenging the thread and Tom but unfortunately we are car fanatics that want he utmost pristine built car and unfortunately many brands have serious quality control issues. Summing it up we all have a huge investment in a pretty bad ass factory produced car never attainable in our lifetime and we should not be telling others they are in so many words a POS. All manufacturers have issues and we are Ford Mustang Fans and owners who need to stick together and work out these issues to support the product and not throw away the product.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I spent a boatload of money on this car to have issue after issue. Maybe your money grows on trees, but I value the dollar that I have and earn. If I had known this car would be slapped together with blatant disregard for quality, I would have never got involved.

Ford, if you are reading this, please contact me. Reimburse me for every penny I have in the car and its yours.

Its a standing offer.

Anyone considering this car.... think twice..... know what you are getting into

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I would definitely recommend the 2020 GT500, and I do on a daily basis. The car is freaking amazing. Are there issues with the common folk putting them, together? Yup.

All car companies have their issues, ALL of them. Yes, is a pain that problems have to be sorted out, but on the whole, the car is freaking awesome.

I expect my comment to be an unpopular one, an I am ready for the bashing. I’m just saying the car is a home run. The problem is with the people putting them together. Yes, ultimately is Ford’s name on the dotted line, but the car they designed is great, it’s people who suck.

If I could pick only one thing for Ford to pay attention to, it would be figuring out how to police the disgraceful ADM bullshit that’s going on. That is the real issue in my opinion.

Edited to add: Tom, there is no doubt that you have had a bad experience right from the get go. I do not mean to discredit your situation. I am sorry that all that has happened .... well, to you. If you truly want to part ways, that is up to you, and I wish you the best. I am hoping as time goes on, you will heal and (mostly) forget about the majority of this and enjoy the absolutely beautiful car that you have. After all, your attention to detail will correct all that you dislike, and you will have one special car.

Last edited:

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I wholeheartedly disagree. I spent a boatload of money on this car to have issue after issue. Maybe your money grows on trees, but I value the dollar that I have and earn. If I had known this car would be slapped together with blatant disregard for quality, I would have never got involved.

Ford, if you are reading this, please contact me. Reimburse me for every penny I have in the car and its yours.

Its a standing offer.

Anyome considering this car.... think twice.
I dont disagree with your position and support your unhappiness and you have it all documented. Take the car back to the dealer and turn her in and file a lemon law claim. And or sell it to someone for exactly what you have in it and see what happens as well. Not arguing and unfortunately you got a bad one and which happens in all manufacturing. But I feel to say all of us GT500 have POS cars in so many words is not fair to label the product and maybe I am not understanding what your saying and it is just you.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I dont disagree with your position and support your unhappiness and you have it all documented. Take the car back to the dealer and turn her in and file a lemon law claim. And or sell it to someone for exactly what you have in it and see what happens as well. Not arguing and unfortunately you got a bad one and which happens in all manufacturing. But I feel to say all of us GT500 have POS cars in so many words is not fair to label the product and maybe I am not understanding what your saying and it is just you.
Next time you slam on the brakes in a hurried stop, think about that recall and how your brakes are defective as well.

Edited to add:
But its ok, you should be fine until the end of November or into December.... at least that's the way Ford looks at it.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Next time you slam on the brakes in a hurried stop, think about that recall and how your brakes are defective as well.
Good one I like it lol.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Good one I like it lol.
Man, it is what it is. You of all people know I'm not trolling but reporting. I have been a ford guy all my life. Then this.... on the most expensive ford that you can buy (outside of a GT).

I get your sentiment, but I'm not buying it. I'm not here bashing, again reporting. The things here are fact. There is more. Do you suggest I not say anything and keep quiet?

Dude, I'm pissed off. There is no excuse for this lack of quality. Maybe tomorrow I will update the list with the other things I have found.

Edited to add:
I dont think I ever called the car a POS, however I may have referenced the guy who assembled my car using those words.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Hence not paying ADM for a ridiculously priced Mustang! Ford quality has gone down in past years. Example, GT 350 rear bumper fitment issues? You would think it would have been fixed after the first year. If I recall, this took almost 3 years before they woke up. $60K car.
F-150, door freezing issue, since the remodel in 2015, and it still happens in the very cold climates on 2020 units. Really?
What happens when you pay $20k for a cheap car, you can expect these types of things I guess, but now, with most cars and truck over $50k, I expect to get a quality product.
Ford, the non-car company of the future. lol
Focus on your electric junk Ford. Good work!
the 350 bumpers and other issues still exist today in 2020s. Just from pictures sent from dealers - I’ve been eliminating prospects left and right.
8C73BE6B-AE52-4700-AC03-E4A31E1BE8E6.png
72B8AF84-7230-4D3B-9DBC-18F8464FD272.png
36482ADA-A6C9-4B80-91FD-7320F1BB6103.png

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I can’t say that current cars all suck but this and other examples I’ve seen point out that the car coming out now seem to be hurriedly assembled. The percentage chance that a car will exhibit issues certainly seems to be elevated. Check your stuff.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think covid19 is the main issue here, given most GT500's have been built during it. Ford was having difficulty getting workers to show up at all, so I can see how QC has slipped. Morale is likely low as well. The panel gap thing is never gonna be fixed, so idk why people still get mad at that. It's clearly a design of the car thats at fault when there is so much allowed variability. Hopefully it gets fixed by the next generation..

As for the other stuff, don't mistake me for excusing it. However the harness thing to me isn't a big deal. It's not exposed to any more heat regardless of how it's routed.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Man. That must suck to realize the same people that build a GT, build the GT500. It’s Ford after all

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Status
Not open for further replies.