Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Gents I am more than ecstatic to present to you the 1st DCT Clutch Upgrade for our 2020 GT500's, from SSP ( SouthSidePerformance)

1602258153287.png

As some of you know, I had DCT's in the past. I have bought from DCT clutch companies in the past. I decided I would go with SSP this time around, not only from my personal history, but from friends who own McClaren tuning shops working on McClarens and Huracans, they all raved about SSP. Additionally, American made.
I called and discussed where were at, and where we would like to go. SSP had the Prototype set done in about 45 days, not bad at all in my book. Clutches arrived back at my buddies shop (AMG Automotive) and installation went smoothly. Now, DCT's are hardware, but i promise you, you want a proffessional doing this job. There are no spare parts to be ordered, there are no written instructions, 100% attention to detail is required.

Anyway, in addition to a slew of other go fast goodies im testing out, I can tell you this. If I dont tell you the clutches are upgraded, you wont know. I did about 80 miles of slow / normal driving, parking lot manuevers etc to break in the clutches. not a single hiccup, code, wrench, jerk, nothing. Just like OEM.

Next was the dragstrip, all in the same day actually. 1st pass, things didnt go right, ill admit, a bit scared.. however, the Logic in these trans, i thought to myself, hadnt seen WOT yet.. lets try again see if it learned..

2nd pass.. YUP!! but it was a new tune as well with a bunch of new parts, so we had to make sure fueling was spot on. Stayed in it but low rpm shifts.. 10.4/140mph

ok , so tune is good, clutches seem good, everything else is good.. ltes go for it

RAAAAP!! Video above: 9.7/151mph and the S/C belt slipping. down 2-3psi... still amazing, boost only #2 in the world MPH and lots of power to be had still as this was in 2k DA vs #1 spot in -4kDA

We are on it boys.. My plan now it to get the proper belt size on and hit the dyno, find the actual physical limits of the clutch, and then dial back so we know. and then go hit the strip again and shoot for sub 9.5 and 155+

The best part about this, is it drive COMPLETELY LIKE STOCK. re-read that.. thats the amazing part..

Stay tuned.. this week will be a good one :)

1602259031683.png

1602258981996.png
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is the last piece of the puzzle. Glad you are on it Steve.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Steve: I remember disassembling gearboxes as a kid and while they too were complicated and required attention to detail, all I can say about that MOUNTAIN of clutch parts is WOW! And in only FORTY-FIVE days! Frickin' amazing, man. Most amazing of all is the upgrade acts just like the original. TOO cool.

9.7 is SMOKIN' but 9.5 is a ROCKET SHIP!

I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that I live vicariously through you, bubba. :cool: Just be careful out there on the street.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Congrats I’m interested in the transmission upgrades was anything else done beside clutches?

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Congrats I’m interested in the transmission upgrades was anything else done beside clutches?
Oh yes, are u asking since last.round or total mods?

I added 2.4 pulley, whipple intercooler, PBD icetank, lethal performance triple.pump fuel system, id1300s, kooks 2" long tubes, custom rear exhaust, spe thermostat

Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Glad to see companies are already working on the trans for us. I am not tuning mine yet but thanks to you guys that are and getting the parts we need tested.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

I added 2.4 pulley, whipple intercooler, PBD icetank, lethal performance triple.pump fuel system, id1300s, kooks 2" long tubes, custom rear exhaust, spe thermostat
Has anyone figured out how to defeat the speed limiter?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Has anyone figured out how to defeat the speed limiter?
I would like to know why its there before I defeat it. I bet you its due to the wing for the CFTP. Then they made the limit common to the base.

Edit to add: I wonder if it is based upon GPS speed. I'll look into this.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Gents I am more than ecstatic to present to you the 1st DCT Clutch Upgrade for our 2020 GT500's, from SSP ( SouthSidePerformance)

1602258153287.png

As some of you know, I had DCT's in the past. I have bought from DCT clutch companies in the past. I decided I would go with SSP this time around, not only from my personal history, but from friends who own McClaren tuning shops working on McClarens and Huracans, they all raved about SSP. Additionally, American made.
I called and discussed where were at, and where we would like to go. SSP had the Prototype set done in about 45 days, not bad at all in my book. Clutches arrived back at my buddies shop (AMG Automotive) and installation went smoothly. Now, DCT's are hardware, but i promise you, you want a proffessional doing this job. There are no spare parts to be ordered, there are no written instructions, 100% attention to detail is required.

Anyway, in addition to a slew of other go fast goodies im testing out, I can tell you this. If I dont tell you the clutches are upgraded, you wont know. I did about 80 miles of slow / normal driving, parking lot manuevers etc to break in the clutches. not a single hiccup, code, wrench, jerk, nothing. Just like OEM.

Next was the dragstrip, all in the same day actually. 1st pass, things didnt go right, ill admit, a bit scared.. however, the Logic in these trans, i thought to myself, hadnt seen WOT yet.. lets try again see if it learned..

2nd pass.. YUP!! but it was a new tune as well with a bunch of new parts, so we had to make sure fueling was spot on. Stayed in it but low rpm shifts.. 10.4/140mph

ok , so tune is good, clutches seem good, everything else is good.. ltes go for it

RAAAAP!! Video above: 9.7/151mph and the S/C belt slipping. down 2-3psi... still amazing, boost only #2 in the world MPH and lots of power to be had still as this was in 2k DA vs #1 spot in -4kDA

We are on it boys.. My plan now it to get the proper belt size on and hit the dyno, find the actual physical limits of the clutch, and then dial back so we know. and then go hit the strip again and shoot for sub 9.5 and 155+

The best part about this, is it drive COMPLETELY LIKE STOCK. re-read that.. thats the amazing part..

Do these guys (SSP) just handle hard parts? Or do they also do the software side of things? If not, surely they have contacts? Just wondering who the software side of things will be the ones to go to? Now that we have the hard parts just need the tuning. Getting good 60ft times seems to be an issue with this car. I haven't got my DR in yet but with stock tires it was impossible to get a good 60ft time, course crap track too.

And finally, Ballpark Estimate......what is an upgrade to the clutches going to run in both parts and labor? Ballpark....

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500

I was actually wondering if any changes were made to the software?

However did you change both the intercooler and the heat exchanger? I thought I saw both heat exchangers on your list.

Did you notice any inlet temp change after adding the heat exchangers?

When I ran Charlotte the inlet temperatures stayed around 130-140 on track.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Do these guys (SSP) just handle hard parts? Or do they also do the software side of things? If not, surely they have contacts? Just wondering who the software side of things will be the ones to go to? Now that we have the hard parts just need the tuning. Getting good 60ft times seems to be an issue with this car. I haven't got my DR in yet but with stock tires it was impossible to get a good 60ft time, course crap track too.

And finally, Ballpark Estimate......what is an upgrade to the clutches going to run in both parts and labor? Ballpark....
SSP just does the hardware. No one but tremec can do the software ( contrary to what the other major claimed a few months ago lol)

I spoke to someone very high in tremec and they asked that i do a few procedures and report back, as they are intrigued.. if they can offer some form of support, these cars, and more would be absolutely dragstrip gangster with relative ease.

As for price, I cant say realistically, i get good pricing from everyone due to the beta testing nature of the parts, and labor. I suppose once SSP is confident weve done enough testing to sell, he and i will talk costs.
Labor i was only charged a few hours worth from AMG Automotive

I was actually wondering if any changes were made to the software?

However did you change both the intercooler and the heat exchanger? I thought I saw both heat exchangers on your list.

Did you notice any inlet temp change after adding the heat exchangers?

When I ran Charlotte the inlet temperatures stayed around 130-140 on track.
No software changes for tcm. 100% drop in.
I changed the Intercooler brick and snout, with an icetank. OEM exchanger in the grille.is untouched as of now, but eventually upgraded

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase

1602258153287.png

1602259031683.png

1602258981996.png
Hi there nice accomplishment here I am also a 2020 gt500 owner drag racer. Have e/85 PBD tuned ID1300s signature wheels 18s and 20s track pipes have gone 960 @ 151 mph with wrong belt as well SPE 2.4 pillow now am running ported blower and have spoke to Chris about clutches upgrade for the DCT. Want to ask did you notice any difference with the clutch upgrade ? Thx in advance