corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
For those buying 2020 R's, what kind of ADM are you seeing/paying? Talking to a dealer about one tomorrow and would like to know what to expect/what I can negotiate

Thanks!
It seems to depend on where you are in the country, how exclusive your dealer thinks their car is and the market climate. You will find MSRP deals if you're willing to put in the work and have the car shipped to you. Anecdotal evidence on this site is vastly skewed because folks are more motivated to post (over and over) about their great deals, rather than how they got stiffed.

The spreadsheet is your friend. Filter on the car you want and start calling
Sponsored

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Been calling all over the Midwest for a HEP-R and best I can find is $5k ADM.

Should any kind soul have any leads on a dealer that may take closer to MSRP For a HEP R please pass along.

Most that I find that are still available have the tech package and when combined with ADM and tax pushes the price out of my comfort zone.

Otherwise, it looks like I will be waiting to see what happens when the HEP R’s start hitting Bring a Trailer.

Thank you in advance!
FWIW $5k ADM is low on a HEP-R. Median seems to be around $15k and varies up to $30k for many West Coast dealers.

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Been calling all over the Midwest for a HEP-R with minimum ADM.

Should any kind soul have any leads on a dealer that may take closer to MSRP For a HEP R please pass along.

Most that I find that are still available have the tech package and when combined with ADM and tax pushes the price out of my comfort zone.

Otherwise, it looks like I will be waiting to see what happens when the HEP R’s start hitting Bring a Trailer.

Thank you in advance!
Great data, thank you for sharing. Curious as to your strategy here. Is it, "how much do you want for this car", or "I will buy this car today at ADM if you'll do it"? I suspect the two approaches will yield different responses.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It was in transit when I last pulled the data and it's in transit now. These updates only show what's changed since the last update. Am I missing something?
Nope, I think you’re spot-on Ben! Thanks for the great work man!

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
For those buying 2020 R's, what kind of ADM are you seeing/paying? Talking to a dealer about one tomorrow and would like to know what to expect/what I can negotiate

Thanks!
I have been seeing $10k on the regular and one dealer at 20k.

If anyone is looking for a 2020 R in Magnetic Janesville Ford (Janesville, WI) has one. Dale offered me the car with $2000 additional dealer markup. Being that it is not a heritage package I declined. I was told that I was being offered a special price because I was local. However maybe someone else in the Wisconsin area would appreciate this. And just for good karma if someone does go buy this car please ask for Dale the guy was really nice about it.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Great data, thank you for sharing. Curious as to your strategy here. Is it, "how much do you want for this car", or "I will buy this car today at ADM if you'll do it"? I suspect the two approaches will yield different responses.
Several of the dealers that I’ve called don’t even know the car is on the way, of course (Again thank you for your amazing spreadsheet).
Anyway I’ve just been pretty open and honest when I make contact. That’s just generally the way I do business. I explain to them I am cash buyer ready to purchase and I’m asking for their best price. Going from there the standard responses are generally at least a $10,000 additional markup. But from there it gets easy. Either the salesman keeps talking and so maybe there’s one for negotiation or the conversation ends and I tell them if they change their minds they have my contact information.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It seems to depend on where you are in the country, how exclusive your dealer thinks their car is and the market climate. You will find MSRP deals if you're willing to put in the work and have the car shipped to you. Anecdotal evidence on this site is vastly skewed because folks are more motivated to post (over and over) about their great deals, rather than how they got stiffed.

The spreadsheet is your friend. Filter on the car you want and start calling
Thanks! I'm on the west coast in SoCal, so that doesn't help. Fingers crossed I can work a deal out with this dealer as it's the exact spec I want

I have been seeing $10k on the regular and one dealer at 20k.

If anyone is looking for a 2020 R in Magnetic Janesville Ford (Janesville, WI) has one. Dale offered me the car with $2000 additional dealer markup. Being that it is not a heritage package I declined. I was told that I was being offered a special price because I was local. However maybe someone else in the Wisconsin area would appreciate this. And just for good karma if someone does go buy this car please ask for Dale the guy was really nice about it.
Wow, didn't expect that much mark up, but I guess last year

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I'm on the west coast in SoCal, so that doesn't help. Fingers crossed I can work a deal out with this dealer as it's the exact spec I want
Best of luck. From what I've seen SoCal is just about the most expensive when it comes to ADMs. When I was looking for my HEP-R, Cali dealers were all looking at between $25k to $35k

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Best of luck. From what I've seen SoCal is just about the most expensive when it comes to ADMs. When I was looking for my HEP-R, Cali dealers were all looking at between $25k to $35k
Ooof! Fingers crossed. I was able to get my 19 Non R for sticker in SoCal, so saying a prayer!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've heard never to divulge to dealer that you are a "cash buyer" these days... it's not like it used to be.

Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500

Thanks!
Im in NJ and my normal no ADM dealer didnt have an R allocation so I had to search around. I was seeing an average of 10k ADM from the dealers that had remaining allocations as I was late to the game. I got VERY lucky and found the exact spec I wanted at a dealer in Iowa who was charging MSRP. If that had not happened I would not have a 350R as they only built 1 in my spec this year and I wasnt going to pay ADM.

It seems like if you hunt around and are willing to have the car shipped to you, you can get a non HEP R at MSRP if you car somewhat flexible on the options. HEP R's at MSRP are nearly impossible at this point. There was one by me that the buyer backed out of and they were at 20k over.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
I've heard never to divulge to dealer that you are a "cash buyer" these days... it's not like it used to be.
Ive been watching this guys videos. he seems to be pretty spot on. Im very lucky my regular dealer doesn't play these games.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I have heard that but never offered the evidence as to why. Not that I don’t believe it... if anyone can enlighten me I’d like to learn!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heard that but never offered the evidence as to why. Not that I don’t believe it... if anyone can enlighten me I’d like to learn!
@nmp1 attached a video above. I haven’t watched it but looks like the same one I’ve seen before.

Keep in mind, dealers make extra bucks with financing, IIRC, so a cash buy vs financing may not be as appealing for that reason.
Sponsored