Sponsored

Neighborhood Sports Cars and Muscle Cars

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Hey all,

I'm curious what other sports cars or muscle cars are in your neighborhoods? And, have you met the owners yet? AND, do you think your Mustang is the quickest car in the neighborhood??

On my block or adjacent to my block we have:
  • Camaro SS - 5th Gen (White w/ red racing stripes)
  • Challenger R/T 5.7 (lime green, 2015+)
  • Challenger R/T 5.7 (black, 2015+)
  • BMW F82 M4 (Maroon)
  • BMW F82 M4 (white) - this one is on a different block but I'll count it as it's close enough
  • Challenger SRT 8 (pre face-lift, purple w/ silver racing stripes) - also on a different block
  • 1st Gen Camaro V8 (green, not sure which trim)
Near as I can tell, they are all stock. No signs of mods (stock exhaust, etc.). Unfortunately, I haven't met any of the owners except for the 1st gen Camaro guy, but plan to meet others soon. A couple of them are recent additions to the neighborhood - the guy w/ the lime green challenger just moved in, so I'll wander down there and introduce myself if I'm feeling social.

Based on the fact that my car is measurably quicker than stock, and that stock for stock the only cars listed above in the vicinity of the A10 GT PP1 are the M4s, I'm comfortable claiming my GT is the quickest.

Every time a muscle or sports car moves in near me I feel a little sense of excitement. It's nice to see something other than a crossover or pickup truck in the neighborhood.

1601921591392.png
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This is going to make me seem like a prick, but stick with me here.
The vast majority of owners in my neighborhood rock Mopars. The thing is though, a good lot of them seem to take pleasure in doing donuts in the intersections at 3am waking everybody up, or flat out drag racing - in a residential 25mph... where kids are riding bikes and people walking dogs.. So, I would rather not meet a lot of them. I'm not saying anything about Mopar owners, so don't go getting all upset if you own one. Mustang owners can be a-holes too. But, no I don't care to meet any of those guys.
Other than that, there's a couple late model Mustang owners, one Camaro, and a sprinkling of random vintage cars - no particular trend in make or model there.
There is also at least 3 VW Golf Rs - which is the highest concentration of Golf Rs I've seen anywhere lol.
Oh and one guy who wants to be Tyler Hoovie. Every 6 months or so he has some hooptie exotic outside that he picked up at an auction for a fraction of the original price, which he runs into the ground, then goes and gets a different one. Right now it's a Ferrari 430. Previously it was a Rolls Royce.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My neighborhood is a single 1/2 mile loop, one road in & out. The only other performance vehicle is my neighbor across the street who has a 2004 Lightning F150 with a blower. It has 40K original miles. Someone further in has a Charger but it's a stock non-V-8 female daily driver.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Three doors down on the other side of the road is a gallardo, we’re both out of character for the estate /area. The same guy did have a R8.

He’s easy to talk too and appreciates cars - he braked and reversed back up the street for a chat when the mustang arrived and caught his eye ... :sunglasses:

A newish modified skyline also visits someone in the street.

I think it’s fair to say I’m not the quickest ... lol

WD :like:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm historically the most powerful thing on the block. GUy up the road has a 1st Gen Raptor. Most other things around me are other newer GT or Camaro SS's. A guy I went to HS with on the next block over has a covered 2003 Cobra. Budy I see regularly has a Chevy SS with headers and cam, his dad has a C7 Z06. Another buddy has a fully built STi. Thats it other than the occasional STi, Focus ST/RS ect. There are a few imported JDM cars also.

Occasionally I'll see around a hot rod, another Bullitt, GTO, ect.

I live like 4 miles from Evolution Performance though so if I drive over that way, I see lots of GT's, and all types of Shelby's.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The only non pickup/CUV/SUV on my block besides my mustang is a 370z convertible. Safe to say, no competition for me. Now I do see some nicer cars once I leave my area and surely not the fastest then. Someone on my commute must work at a dealership or something because they're always driving a different Lambo or equivalent.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
No one in my area has a mustang, but in my city it’s all dodge. Chargers challengers everywhere. All dubbed out with giant rims etc. I don’t participate in car scene here because it kinda ghetto. Wish we had a nice car following and neighbors here

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
My street is one branch of a "U"-shape street a little over an eighth of a mile on each side. Been here for forty-six years, so I've see a lot of stuff come and go. Currently the only true enthusiast's car is the 2004 Mach One Mustang on the corner. There are a couple if Porsche SUVs, or whatever you'd call them, around the bend. Street is narrow and the Porsche folks consistently park too far from the curb (kerb for our UK friends).

My leg if the "U" dead-ends at a relatively much-used street that is the most convenient connection between two principal roads. Sort of a high-turnover strip of residences, probably because it's a pain getting in and out of driveways during busy hours. On that street there have been a number of Interesting Cars over the years. Most recently, a Royal Crimson Red (or whatever) Mustang GT parked outside a full garage. A delight to the eye, but gone after just a few months. Neighbor to that one has been there quite a while: nice recent Camaro. A while back there was one of those Fake MGTDs built on a VW pan. I was happy to see him go. Spirit was ok, but the proportions were all wrong. A little farther down that street is a nice BMW that got hit in the side more than a year ago, but hasn't been repaired. A little farther, an S197 Mustang convertible with a mangled rear corner, not repaired in eight months or so.

Neighborhood has two Harley riders, the Eight-AM-to-work guy at the tip of the "U", and the Five-thirty-AM-to-work guy just behind us. Next door to the north lives a BMW convertible with ricer-style exhaust; he likes to downshift his automatic transmission to announce his arrival at random daytime hours. One day I happened to be coming past when he was outside his house My 2008 GT, was at its noisiest, and I returned the favor. He was very quiet for some time, but has cranked it back up since I brought home the EcoBoost®.

I have chatted with the Mach One driver; otherwise I'm not very sociable without reason.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
My neighborhood has some that guys who race in nhra events in the super gas/super stock levels, so I'd probably give them a good run. A few others include a 1966 GTO, a 2012 Roush Mustang, and a few newer family Chargers.

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
A bunch of late C3-Early C4 corvettes. Most actually in decent shape with historical plates driven by older folks. Neighbor across the street has a restored 50’s Bel Air. Slim pickings other than that, I occasionally see a white SN-95 cobra around. It’s a blue collar area, and I’m in my twenties, so I think my neighbors think I’m a drug dealer or something of the like with my bright loud GT

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
in my neighborhood there are 2 other mustangs, owned by the same gentleman. One is a 05-08 (not sure exactly on year but its a pre-facelift S197) Bullit, and a pre facelift S550 GT. One guy has a 84 Corvette, another guy has a 69 Impala, and lastly another guy has a newish Audi A6 S-line or some such. I'm pretty sure I have to fastest car in the neighborhood, but it's not my GT.

El_Barto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP
There is an early 2000's Viper and a previous generation Audi S4 down the street from me. There used to be an Aston Martin but I only saw it a few times when the garage door happened to open as I drove by, I don't think I ever saw it being driven and I haven't seen it in a while. That's about it for my neighborhood. There is a very high end development about a mile from my house, I mostly see the usual suspects for luxury SUV's going in and out but there is one guy who has had several Ferrari's. He has had an F40 and I saw him recently in an 812.

OP
OP
Idaho2018GTPremium

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The performance cars in my area are mostly Porsche's, BMW's, Aston's, Ferrari's, McLaren's, plus a smattering of R8's, GTR's, Lambo's, and a couple NSX's. I can beat most of the BMW's and the non-turbo Porsche's. I either need to go FI, or move to a slower area :giggle:

I've only talked to a couple of owner's, and they've been cool. Everyone loves the Mustang. They seem to get a little buyer's remorse when I tell them how much they cost :crackup:
Dang man, you must live in an extremely wealthy neighborhood. The only Lambos and Ferraris I see are at Cars and Coffee.

OP
OP
Idaho2018GTPremium

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
There is an early 2000's Viper and a previous generation Audi S4 down the street from me. There used to be an Aston Martin but I only saw it a few times when the garage door happened to open as I drove by, I don't think I ever saw it being driven and I haven't seen it in a while. That's about it for my neighborhood. There is a very high end development about a mile from my house, I mostly see the usual suspects for luxury SUV's going in and out but there is one guy who has had several Ferrari's. He has had an F40 and I saw him recently in an 812.
Ferrari 812 Superfast is one gorgeous beast. I've only ever seen one in photos - it must look awesome in person.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My neighborhood has a couple Harleys, a Forester STI, a modded 335i, a 38 Chevy street rod, and a new Audi A7. Beyond those, there are more SUVs than you can count. I have no idea if the Chevy, A7 or Harleys are faster. My GT has the A10, which gives it a huge edge over the Forester and 335i, which are both manual, so they lose boost between shifts. Otherwise, the 335i would be faster.

The Chevy owner just died and his widow has been trying to sell it, I'm not a Harley fan, so nothing to talk about with them, the A7 is owned by a woman who knows nothing about cars, the Forester is my old car I gave to my son-in-law and the 335i is mine.
Sponsored

Last edited: