Sponsored

So, has everyone made peace with the 2K rattle?

GOAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
2019 GT, I hear it while the engine is warming up, louder with the windows closed, right at 2k while holding speed, if let off the gas or give it gas it goes away. When the engine is at operating temp it goes away. I've tried 91 and 94 octane fuel and no difference, none of the exhaust modes make a difference. I think it is injectors, thinking of trying to swap them with an upgraded set. Anyone tried this? Any recommendations for injectors to try?

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just get sick of hearing people complain about it. We just had a gen 3 single turbo go 7's on stock bottom end. Plenty of 8 and 9 second factory bottom end cars out there. Tons of cars making over 700whp without failure - lets just get over a little bit if rattle. For what its worth if this was a major mechanical defect the cars wouldn't be holding up like they do - PERIOD. I don't care if we had half a dozen guys say their engine was replaced, it was probably because they bitched night and day about it to the dealer and they replaced it. Judging by how many cars "rattle" its a normal thing, could be injector related, could be DI pump related all I know for a fact is it is not mechanical defect.

My old LS1 had piston slap, it was cammed, nitrous, and was beat on for over 175k miles. They were notorious for slaps and rattles and yet they were industry leading for over a decade in performance. Now its the Coyotes turn.

If you don't like the rattle SELL THE FUCKING CAR. If you can't bare it SELL THE FUCKING CAR. Jumping on to a forum where people have no idea on what's actually causing it is just annoying.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I just get sick of hearing people complain about it. We just had a gen 3 single turbo go 7's on stock bottom end. Plenty of 8 and 9 second factory bottom end cars out there. Tons of cars making over 700whp without failure - lets just get over a little bit if rattle. For what its worth if this was a major mechanical defect the cars wouldn't be holding up like they do - PERIOD. I don't care if we had half a dozen guys say their engine was replaced, it was probably because they bitched night and day about it to the dealer and they replaced it. Judging by how many cars "rattle" its a normal thing, could be injector related, could be DI pump related all I know for a fact is it is not mechanical defect.

My old LS1 had piston slap, it was cammed, nitrous, and was beat on for over 175k miles. They were notorious for slaps and rattles and yet they were industry leading for over a decade in performance. Now its the Coyotes turn.

If you don't like the rattle SELL THE FUCKING CAR. If you can't bare it SELL THE FUCKING CAR. Jumping on to a forum where people have no idea on what's actually causing it is just annoying.
1601741245980.gif

Ps. I agree with you.

Sponsored

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
I'd just trade it in if it's something you can't live with. The fact it gets better when warm is kinda weird.
If you understood what piston slap/rattle was then you would know why it gets better
as the engine warms up .... Maybe you should educate yourself on it instead of shooting
off your big mouth in your last post . I'm looking for insight not rambling bullshit .

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you understood what piston slap/rattle was then you would know why it gets better
as the engine warms up .... Maybe you should educate yourself on it instead of shooting
off your big mouth in your last post . I'm looking for insight not rambling bullshit .
Well as a metter of fact fact I do know what piston slap is my post wasn't aimed at you. The reason I said your rattle is weird is because for many the ticking/rattle goes away when warm.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post - if its getting better when the vehicle is warm its certainly not the common rattle the coyote has. If you have a GT350 I don't know what to tell you. The rattle in the gen 3 engine is always there. The ticking goes away.

I haven't driven 1 gen 3 car that doesn't have the rattle. Its more than likely the DI system.

Again though, if its that worrisome sell the car. No one on this forum will be able to diagnose the car. Instead your complaints just blow up peoples inboxes with your constant crybabying "wahhhhhh my car makes a funny nose WAHHHHH WAHHHHH"

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Adding a can of this ceratec stuff will quiet a loose fitting piston in the bore ???
Whatever it is, it quiets my typewriter tick not sure if that’s what you have.

Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Get a loud exhaust, you won't hear the rattle anymore! Lol
Yes sir - get the newly released anti rattle kit from Ford Racing. It includes
1. Base noise canceling head phones
2. Mak Cat Deletes and 3 inch straight pipes
3. A box of tissues for wiping your tears if the rattle is just too much to handle.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Adding a can of this ceratec stuff will quiet a loose fitting piston in the bore ???
It will not. I highly doubt most know what piston slap actually sounds like.

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
Look I think we should agree, if the rattle MEANS there is some kind of functional issue then we could worry. If it means nothing and it's just a noise, then just live with it. My knees crack when I walk, Doctor said it's nothing, do that's life!

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Look I think we should agree, if the rattle MEANS there is some kind of functional issue then we could worry. If it means nothing and it's just a noise, then just live with it. My knees crack when I walk, Doctor said it's nothing, do that's life!
Absolutely my point. Its just a noise - mechanical devices make noise. People need go get over it.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a Toyota back in 2007 that had so much valve train clatter on cold starts it was ridiculous.

Sounded like something was going to go through the hood. Second owner had 225,000+ plus miles on it and still going.

Like others have said, get over the rattle.
Sponsored