Sponsored

Newbie Exhaust question

ejm4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 5.0
I have a new to me 2019 GT. Of course I want to change up the exhaust. I am torn between doing something like a Corsa cat back or just installing an H pipe and keep the factory mufflers. Will I get a more noticeable sound with just the H pipe?
Sponsored

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
An X pipe, like on the Corsa, will give you a higher pitch sound and more rasp. An H pipe will give you a lower pitch sound and more "classic muscle car sound" with less rasp.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I have the steeda H pipe and stock mufflers it’s a little bit louder when it’s warmed up but louder on a cold starts

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Look on youtube for sound clips.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
X or h on stock mufflers will be a bit louder but also sound tinny on OEM mufflers. If you have active exhaust that may be an option. A well designed exhaust though will give you both volume and a better tone. When selecting exhaust also consider if ever going long tubes etc.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I replaced the OEM resonator with a FRPP X-pipe, but it didn't make it much loader. It didn't add any HP either. Borla S-type AB's definitely increase the volume and the car sounds great without being too much. Didn't get a chance to dyno it after the AB's.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you want it substantially louder, look into a cat back or axle back. A resonator swap in itself isn't worthwhile UNLESS you have factory active exhaust.

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have stock exhaust with res delete with an h pipe. Sounds great when car is cold but once everything heats up its real mellow. I am installing an axle back this weekend. I do not have active exhaust.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
I have a new to me 2019 GT. Of course I want to change up the exhaust. I am torn between doing something like a Corsa cat back or just installing an H pipe and keep the factory mufflers. Will I get a more noticeable sound with just the H pipe?
The H-pipe will net an increase in volume and tone for sure. If your looking for a cheap mod and a decent little increase in your exhaust note, then an X or H pipe resonator delete would be the best bet.

resonator-deletes-1

If your interest is in adjusting the quality of the sound or the nature of the sound, you need axle-backs. Mufflers tune the sound on it's way out so they can change more than volume. The "crispy" or "burbly" characteristics can be had or dropped here.

axlebacks

Sponsored
OP
OP
ejm4

ejm4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 5.0
Thanks for all the info. I ended up ordering the Corsa Sport Cat Back system on Friday.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thanks for all the info. I ended up ordering the Corsa Sport Cat Back system on Friday.
Quality choice. And if you ever end up doing long tubes down the road will still sound great.