HPP dyno

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Has anyone actually put one of the dyno and gotten a comparison with a regular Ecoboost. There is no data on the HPP cars at all
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Cobb has dynos of eb and hpp

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta gooooogle it
I saw it though, they have maps for regular and hpp now
I’m on iPhone. Can’t do too much easily on here

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Gotta gooooogle it
I saw it though, they have maps for regular and hpp now
I’m on iPhone. Can’t do too much easily on here
yeah but I’m talking about a real world comparison lol

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That is as real world as it gets

they have the base line eb before any mods, and base line on hpp before any mods

then of course their mods/tunes lines after to show gains.

they use same dyno I assume, so I’d take the eb base line dyno and the hpp base line dyno pretty similar

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It’s also good to see stage 1 on both cars, as they have upgraded intercooler etc can see what Cobb is able to get out of both models

then 2 and 3 compare on both carmodels

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps/2020-ford-mustang-ecoboost-hpp-stage-1-map

looks like peak TQ at 330 ish and peak HP at 280 ish....
isnt that similar to a non HPP , at least in terms of HP? Ive seen I few '15-17 dyno with peak HP at 275 - 280.

Im NO dyno reader expert (obviously), why does it have that up and down behavior for the HP? it reaches peak then drops, then goes up, then drops, then goes up a bit and droooopppss.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You have to remember man. Hpp has same crap intercooler as stock eb. They just pushed it harder limit using stock ic

a eb w ford tune or any tuned eb wupgraded ic should be faster than it.

put an upgraded ic, and use Cobb or protune to get more out of that slightly larger tur

imo.

I’d get a regular eb, upgrade ic and get any tune but the hpp. Just because it’ssimply a little stronger tune vs stock

but it’s tuned to that intercooler

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps/2020-ford-mustang-ecoboost-hpp-stage-1-map

looks like peak TQ at 330 ish and peak HP at 280 ish....
isnt that similar to a non HPP , at least in terms of HP? Ive seen I few '15-17 dyno with peak HP at 275 - 280.

Im NO dyno reader expert (obviously), why does it have that up and down behavior for the HP? it reaches peak then drops, then goes up, then drops, then goes up a bit and droooopppss.
It has the small intercooler

you should be looking at stage 1 for both eb and hpp, that assumes both have upgraded IC, and both have a stage 1 tune. Should show what they can put out safely

Reason why it’s dropping in baseline dyno is because it’s heat soaking, it has to drop power. The stock IC is the same as the stock eb, its puny tiny.

the stage 1 dyno, has upgraded ic, holds power through band longer as it isn’t overheating

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Ok, my $.02, my previous car was a 2016 PP, IC upgrade and FPP tune. The HPP is superior in power and power band to that car. The 2016 was a fun car and with the FPP tune it was really good, but not as good as the HPP with the factory tune. Can't compare COBB tunes, I only had the FPP tune. These are my impressions of both cars with factory or FPP tunes, not saying one tuned by a vendor is better than the other. Does it heat soak from the factory IC? YES it does. I'm installing a CPE intercooler this week to see how it does. I ran this car in autocross with 5 minute idles in between runs and frankly did not see a noticeable drop in power, except it didn't like heat-soaked launches. But the car was faster each run, granted, never came off 2nd gear during the run and probably it was me getting better with it. I have another autocross next weekend, should have the intercooler installed for it and better driving impressions.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Ok, my $.02, my previous car was a 2016 PP, IC upgrade and FPP tune. The HPP is superior in power and power band to that car. The 2016 was a fun car and with the FPP tune it was really good, but not as good as the HPP with the factory tune. Can't compare COBB tunes, I only had the FPP tune. These are my impressions of both cars with factory or FPP tunes, not saying one tuned by a vendor is better than the other. Does it heat soak from the factory IC? YES it does. I'm installing a CPE intercooler this week to see how it does. I ran this car in autocross with 5 minute idles in between runs and frankly did not see a noticeable drop in power, except it didn't like heat-soaked launches. But the car was faster each run, granted, never came off 2nd gear during the run and probably it was me getting better with it. I have another autocross next weekend, should have the intercooler installed for it and better driving impressions.
Any updates?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
OK, folks, here's the real poop. This is my bone stock manual HPP with 3800 miles on the clock.

The blue and green runs are both in 4th gear. The blue was with the engine relatively cool and the green was shortly after (w/ a higher CHT at start). The red curve was cooled and run in 3rd gear.

The red shows 263 HP and 294 lbft. The torque comes in so early that in 3rd gear, there wasn't enough time to build more boost. It showed better torque in 4th at 310 lbft. The problem with the higher gear, after a few seconds WOT it would pull power and the run would go to junk. It happens at 5000 rpm on the blue curve and 3400 on the green one. The red curve is pretty much intact, but it seems like the torque curve could use some smoothing on the top. The time for the red pull was about 1/2 of the blue and green.

ChassisDynoCurves_120120.png

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
TeeLew, can you get your car weighed before you modify it ? I would really like to know what it weighs and the type of seats it has in it.
Sponsored