Sponsored

How to check (vin?) to see if stripes were original on the car?

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Hello. Lurker Jr. here. Still looking for a reasonable deal on a gt350 up here in Canada. A few 2016 with track pack out there so am tempted. One has no stripes and I was wondering if there is a way of telling if original owner (its on its 2nd owner so history is sketchy) took off the stripes before he 3m vinyl wrapped it or not. Any ideas? I"ve tried a few spam sites to find the window sticker with little success.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I looked around online for that, but the links given didnt work. Wasn't so serious about the car (looking at a couple) to pay any money for that little piece of info, yet!

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
If you pm me your whole VIN I can pull the factory build sheet for you.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
so can I whats the VIN?

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hello. Lurker Jr. here. Still looking for a reasonable deal on a gt350 up here in Canada. A few 2016 with track pack out there so am tempted. One has no stripes and I was wondering if there is a way of telling if original owner (its on its 2nd owner so history is sketchy) took off the stripes before he 3m vinyl wrapped it or not. Any ideas? I"ve tried a few spam sites to find the window sticker with little success.
https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Make sure you input the VIN in the second input box from the top instead of the “been verified” ad that comes first.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Even though it's in german, try checking the VIN in my Mustang Tracking tool. It directly connects to Ford and shows the OEM build pictures of your car - I'm just not quire sure if it still get's data for 2016 models. And don't worry, it's not saving any data on the server.

OP
OP

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
thanks all. Had a few generous members check for me! No stripes from factory. I have found out the hood (and other high wear parts fo the car) has 3m vinyl wrap on it, so probably won't put stripes on it anyway (unless the 3m stuff is garbage and needs to come off. Any opinions about 3m?
Sponsored