Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
So one of the biggest things ive noticed with the pbd tune is the the knocker values are much higher moderate throttle getting on the on ramp -10 degree never seen more that -4 to -5 with roush and using same gas only shell highest rpm noticed on a datalog with roush was 7200 and pbd 7495 but shifts and rpms stay up there felt good so far waiting to hear back after these datalogs are reviewed to see if its all good to go.
Is this their initial tune? If they think they can add timing or other tweaks after looking at the log, I am sure they will.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Yes no revisions sent and have been deemed good to go , im sure if just stock prob not much revising to do but just copy and paste unless you have some mods mine are just all suspension mods for now.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yes no revisions sent and have been deemed good to go , im sure if just stock prob not much revising to do but just copy and paste unless you have some mods mine are just all suspension mods for now.
Anxious to hear how it performs at the strip. How does it feel compared to the Roush?

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
[
It has been a little while since i was on here, traveled to Navarre FL to help parents after hurricane. Took Mustang on road trip lol besides helping had to let my dad feel what it felt like to be in a real car not his Charger scat pack :crackup:
I have a few questions after 2K miles of hard driving 1 quart of oil seems to be normal to me, just wanted to get others views
also on a cold startup not always but a few times it will sit at idle and surge up and down about 700 rpm
nice to be back and catching up on forum
First car was a 19 PP1 with Roush CAI and Tune. I did do a lot of WOT rolls with car. This car used 1 quart of oil every 2000 miles. Current ride is 19 RS Roush and it does not use any oil.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anxious to hear how it performs at the strip. How does it feel compared to the Roush?
Idk know just did 2 pulls and havent really got on it after that shifting is smooth but i kept it in normal mode but rpms are up there when u mash it and stay up there if no rain here wednesday we are hitting darlington but only 1/8 mile for tnt ill report back if we go

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Normally if you are running any brand of the kits out there and didn’t change anything then typically they have a vetted dialed in tune they send you and usually after logging it there won’t be a need for a revision.

The trans shifting is indeed lazy on these 10R80’s unless your going all out and got to expect the shifting should definitely be a huge improvement.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Normally if you are running any brand of the kits out there and didn’t change anything then typically they have a vetted dialed in tune they send you and usually after logging it there won’t be a need for a revision.
I am a little surprised to hear this. It almost sounds like a canned tune.

When getting a custom tune for my Ecoboost Lincoln, we went through 8 or 9 tweaks before both the tuner and I were 100% satisfied. This was with a tuner who specializes in Ford Ecoboost engines.

There were 3 or 4 revisions on the flex fuel tune I had before I got the Roush kit. One was based on a log done at the drag strip.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I am a little surprised to hear this. It almost sounds like a canned tune.

When getting a custom tune for my Ecoboost Lincoln, we went through 8 or 9 tweaks before both the tuner and I were 100% satisfied. This was with a tuner who specializes in Ford Ecoboost engines.

There were 3 or 4 revisions on the flex fuel tune I had before I got the Roush kit. One was based on a log done at the drag strip.
VMP, Lund, PBD have done probably 1000’s of tunes on these set ups and if it’s just the Roush kit with no other mods their base file is probably going to be on point and if any revisions are needed it won’t be many.

On my 17 Roush Phase 2 when I went from the Roush tune to a VMP tune the first tune was on point and no revisions needed. Now when I changed out injectors, intake, pulley, throttle body it needed a few revisions to get dialed in.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
VMP, Lund, PBD have done probably 1000’s of tunes on these set ups and if it’s just the Roush kit with no other mods their base file is probably going to be on point and if any revisions are needed it won’t be many.

On my 17 Roush Phase 2 when I went from the Roush tune to a VMP tune the first tune was on point and no revisions needed. Now when I changed out injectors, intake, pulley, throttle body it needed a few revisions to get dialed in.
Yeah thats why i went with pbd, i knew they had already done many of the new roush you’re paying for a tune that already prob has been revised dozens of time and its just copy and paste but all the r&d was done on the earlier tunes. 5 datalogs sent and no revision

419FE0B0-5A2F-4ADF-B172-432FFA64BF87.png

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah thats why i went with pbd, i knew they had already done many of the new roush you’re paying for a tune that already prob has been revised dozens of time and its just copy and paste but all the r&d was done on the earlier tunes. 5 datalogs sent and no revision

419FE0B0-5A2F-4ADF-B172-432FFA64BF87.png

Greyhorse how do you like the tune so far? Curious to get feedback from all of you who got tuned by PBD or VMP for others to make a informed decision. I guess you can say your a pioneer into custom tune for the rest of us 18+ Roush guys.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Greyhorse how do you like the tune so far? Curious to get feedback from all of you who got tuned by PBD or VMP for others to make a informed decision. I guess you can say your a pioneer into custom tune for the rest of us 18+ Roush guys.
Ill let you know tomorrow rain is supposed move out and a group of us are headed to the track i havent told anyone im tuned and see how i do and will claim im on a stock tune new nos camaro cam lth tune ill prob run also a turbo ls camaro 2000 and nos foxbody and possibly a whippled 15 manual car so ill see if i can get a race with all of them but usually only get 2-3 passes

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Me and the turbo ls we both laid down blacks marks for a good ways im in the left lane

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
What kind of numbers are people seeing on E85. Plan on doing fuel system and the Roush blower, picking it up cheap.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Temperatures are gonna be in the 60s during evening hours in Mexico this weekend. I will be out trolling.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of numbers are people seeing on E85. Plan on doing fuel system and the Roush blower, picking it up cheap.
I dont know but heard u can go high 9’s on e85 then the heat and small inlet are the problem