Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
And YES once again more proof the manual transmission is better than automatic. ROTFLMAO

Always visualize a car with an automatic. Being like a 2 wheel bicycle with training wheels. :cwl:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Fenrir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
As a vet myself you trying to quote some jargon BS to beat your chest is embarrassing. I called you a Boomer because you're trying to act like your human body shifts faster than the 10R80. "Training wheels." That in and of itself is hilarious. Secondly, you came onto a thread where we're discussing the bummers and implications of a recall on a brake peddle assembly with a chip on your shoulder thinking you were funny.

Since this entire thread is now veering into "against the board rules" territory i'll steer it back into the right lane by saying that with only two incidents state side the likelihood of you being affected in the real world is very minimal. That's less than 1%. Just get it swapped when you can, and don't donkey kick your brakes.

Wrong again, back to the basement, come out with a clue .

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Supplier makes these parts, not Ford. Although I'm sure Ford leaned on them to bring the price down.
They probably did. They also spec what they want the supplier to make. I’ve worked for a couple of automotive suppliers I can tell you that some engineers have no clue how components are actually made. They sometimes put stupid tight tolerances where they don’t need them, and then leave out dimensions that are actually more important. Those guys need to push their chair back and go out on a manufacturing floor once in a while and visit some suppliers to learn how things are made.

Sponsored

vdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6mt
" Ford changed the brake pedal bracket material from nylon to polypropylene "

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Actually, it has two. One is under the gift shop. The second is underneath Alamo Hall. The latter being used as a reception venue.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They probably did. They also spec what they want the supplier to make. I’ve worked for a couple of automotive suppliers I can tell you that some engineers have no clue how components are actually made. They sometimes put stupid tight tolerances where they don’t need them, and then leave out dimensions that are actually more important. Those guys need to push their chair back and go out on a manufacturing floor once in a while and visit some suppliers to learn how things are made.

Chances are this is a manufacturing issue with a specific "lot" of parts. A lot is a manufacturing run produced at a specific point in time. Lots are a manufacturing control method of mitigating issues such as these. Instead of recalling ALL these parts, a subset produced can be recalled.

Keep in mind this is the exact same part design used for the previous 2 years...and no recalls on this part up until now. Unless there was a re-design on this part for 2020 (not likely if it worked before because any re-design effort costs $$$$$$), then the scenario above is more likely.

I'd suspect this defect was uncovered during reliability testing done at Ford (or even the supplier) and the automotive maker leaning forward with a recall before an actual failure occurs on the street.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT