Sponsored

I got new shoes .................... (grins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
GT500 comes on 20" wheels. I looked at their cost shipped to me by one of our vendors. Ruled that out. Second choice was from Shelby America. Did not like what they had in 20". Thus, my choice to go with the XO forged, using the same offsets as the Shelby wheels. Sadly, yesterday was my sales peeps day off. He would have caught the issue with the offset right away. My fault was in letting the wheels and tires be mounted w/o him there. I've bought wheel/tire combos for the Bullitt, CA Special and, the ST Explorer from him and no issues. There were (are) other 20" choices available. I happen to like these.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I will simply be happy to get the correct offset wheels on the rear so the tires do not stick out. :clap:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don't think anyone is even remotely criticizing your choice of 20" wheels. A blanket statement that the 500 comes with 20’s, or that any other car has 20’s, is not what any of us were getting at. I took it, for the most part, as helping or offering info on sizing and fitment in general; I know that's all my comments were ever intended to be. There's a huge group of 350’s around here running 20’s. The 20" wheel is not your problem. The diameter of a wheel is actually a very small factor in the overall fit and finish of a package. Offset is huge (as you have seen), and tire size (profile) is critical. Even if this next wheel comes in with a manageable offset, those tires are ridiculously tall for this application.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
This is why I wouldn’t ever trust or buy wheels from DT. I knew this was going to be the case when they arrived. Even someone else said they would be shocked if the rims were correct when they arrived.
To me, there’s no learning curve here. Buy from experienced wheel vendors like Signature Wheels or Howey Industries and you’ll get the correct wheels the first time.
Of course DT is going to fix it, they’re obligated since they got it wrong. Personally, I would get my money back from DT and source rims from someone that knows what they are doing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
DT refunded all funds spent. Damn TSW. They finally admitted their web site is way off. Back to the drawing board.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
DT refunded all funds spent. Damn TSW. They finally admitted their web site is way off. Back to the drawing board.
sorry man, but honestly probably all for the better. goes to show it aint easy just putting on any 20" wheel on this car. let us know what you end up going with...

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
TSW dropped the ball on this big time. Discount Tire rep even told the TSW csr that the wheels were for a current year GT350. The 10.5's clear the calipers w/o issue. Two finger clearance top of the tire to the fender well. Rear tires still stuck out beyond the lip of the rear fender. It is their offset. Shelby doesn't have 20" wheels for the GT350. 19" only. The car will stay on the OE 19" wheels. I'm over the idea of going to 20". When I wear this car out, I'll trade for a GT500 or whatever hi po Mustang Ford gives us in the S650.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
TSW dropped the ball on this big time. Discount Tire rep even told the TSW csr that the wheels were for a current year GT350. The 10.5's clear the calipers w/o issue. Two finger clearance top of the tire to the fender well. Rear tires still stuck out beyond the lip of the rear fender. It is their offset. Shelby doesn't have 20" wheels for the GT350. 19" only. The car will stay on the OE 19" wheels. I'm over the idea of going to 20". When I wear this car out, I'll trade for a GT500 or whatever hi po Mustang Ford gives us in the S650.
You’ll be buying regenerative compatible wheels then... :crackup:

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Probably ........... :crazy:

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Take your time, do your homework and you will be fine. Lots of good quality wheels out there. And don't give up on the 20" wheels. I saw these and I knew they were the right choice for me.

DSC_9293[6763].jpg
Very nice looking. Who makes them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.