Sponsored

Exhaust - Go cheap or pony up the cash (Corsa Sport)

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I can admit to not knowing what drone really was. First impressions of the Gibson I didn't notice it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I can see that opinions vary widely on this subject. I think my main point/opinion is that it's worth paying the premium price for a "refined" exhaust. But everyone has different tastes on how it should sound. There is no right answer or one-size-fits-all kind of mentality. I'm just stating my opinion.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh, it's not super boomy at all. I have the same set up except I have an x pipe and it's super minimal drone if any.
Thanks for the confirmation !!

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I've found that drone can be minimal and still give you a headache after an hour.
Yep exactly. My first axleback setup did that. I was getting headaches regularly and didn't realize it was that until after I got my Corsa setup.

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy to pay for quality and paid a lot for my Borla S catback. Like the sound, knew I was getting a well engineered product with no drone and figured the higher grade stainless would last forever.
But now I want headers and I think it will be too loud. Anyone use headers and x/h pipe along with the factory mufflers?

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Yep I agree. I've had plenty of seat time in cars with the S-type. Great tone till about 4.5-5k and then it fades out. The Corsa sound is best between 3-7k. It's a little light on the low end.
you just made my decision even harder now. the problem is where to find people that had these exhaust on their mustang to listen. I don't see a lot of mustangs in my area and chances that they have borla or corsa will be even harder to find.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
you just made my decision even harder now. the problem is where to find people that had these exhaust on their mustang to listen. I don't see a lot of mustangs in my area and chances that they have borla or corsa will be even harder to find.
I don't think you'd make a wrong decision either way. It's just about what you like. The Borla is more throaty down low and idle, and has a great overall muscle tone. The Corsa is milder at low RPM and nearly silent at cruising speeds, but when you open it up it just builds and builds and screams. I wouldn't say the Sport has as much of the 'exotic' flair like the Xtreme, but it definitely retains most of the high rpm character while being much more refined and more rich & full sounding.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm going on 4 years with my GT500 axlebacks and Lethal resonator delete and I'm still very happy with it. Not gonna pretend I wouldn't love a full Borla or Corsa system, though.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I've found that drone can be minimal and still give you a headache after an hour.
You part of the 1% that hears humming too ? Honestly guy I spent 1000 miles so far with many trips way over an hour never got a headache.. except the ones caused by the potholes in this god forsaken city. #imthepoors & no fucking way I'm spending 10 adult dollars on a axle back, even if I was a millionaire.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I have had roush catback with flow master x pipe with cats which I actually liked. Then corsa extremes with cats and the sound and the control of the sound you have with the throttle and no drone was great. I used to get many compliments. Then went catless and got the corsa sports and still sounds great. Corsa is expensive but I am happy. I have learned that you should never settle because you end up spending twice the amount of money and somehow you eventually end up buying what you should of from the get go lol.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Started with x pipe on stock mufflers. More volume but tinny tone.
Swapped to Corsa Xtreme. Sounded great on stock headers.
Went ARH long tubes and the Xtremes had a trumpety tone.
Added Vibrant 1794s took care of the trumpety tone.
Cut off Corsa mufflers but kept double X and added AWE Touring mufflers. Favorites combination so far. High end volume and tone similar to the Xtremes but more character in the lower rpms and no trumpety tone.
Honestly had I planned on long tubes from the beginning and just did Corsa Sport in the beginning I probably would have been good with that and not gone on the journey. The sport sounds great on long tubes as is.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Started with x pipe on stock mufflers. More volume but tinny tone.
Swapped to Corsa Xtreme. Sounded great on stock headers.
Went ARH long tubes and the Xtremes had a trumpety tone.
Added Vibrant 1794s took care of the trumpety tone.
Cut off Corsa mufflers but kept double X and added AWE Touring mufflers. Favorites combination so far. High end volume and tone similar to the Xtremes but more character in the lower rpms and no trumpety tone.
Honestly had I planned on long tubes from the beginning and just did Corsa Sport in the beginning I probably would have been good with that and not gone on the journey. The sport sounds great on long tubes as is.
Now that's an interesting combination! I bet it sounds fantastic. There's something about the double X pipe I tell you.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My opinion is that if you are on a budget, simply change the mufflers out and leave the stock resonator. You can always go back later and put in an X or H pipe if you want more sound. Roush, Borla, Corsa, top names. If you have the money and want to buy complete catback, spend enough to get a good engineered system that will have predicable results.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
My opinion is that if you are on a budget, simply change the mufflers out and leave the stock resonator. You can always go back later and put in an X or H pipe if you want more sound. Roush, Borla, Corsa, top names. If you have the money and want to buy complete catback, spend enough to get a good engineered system that will have predicable results.
this.
Sponsored