Carroll Shelby Wheel Company CS-5s

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Got it. You are right, they should just match the hub size.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. You are right, they should just match the hub size.
Yeah especially with the price you are paying for a CS Wheel, but I guess they want keep it more universal in case some one wants put them on an Aston Martin?

OP
OP
samanosuke47

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
No I mean the hub centric rings, those go on the hub before applying the wheel to eliminate the wheel hub gap and help center it before lugs. nothing to do with the outer hole where cap goes.

You place a factory Mustang wheel on your hub and it fits like a glove, but when you place some Shelby Wheel Company Wheels on the hub, you can wiggle the wheel around before tightening the bolts since the wheel hole is like 3mm wider, so you insert a hub ring to close the gap.
So, I honestly don't remember there being any 'looseness' when setting these wheels on the hubs. I do concede that is important, my previous car a 2003 Tiburon needed them for the wheels I got for it. I'll frankly have to just check soon here, though I've not noticed any vibration. Side note, these are running much smoother than my stock wheels... I must have a bend/be out of balance on that old set...

bam!!!! That looks killer! Well done. Can’t wait for mine. And I am getting red brembo calipers.
Thanks man! I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on them. I was looking for something that wasn't common, and definitely wanted something made for the car. Also was shying away from a fully forged wheel as well I mean these and the Nittos were already :whew:.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
It is fine, some say it is 70.7mm and some say 73mm for the hub.

Decent weight too at 23.5 lbs front and 24.5 lbs rear

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
@Discount Tire - would you be so kind to get me a price for 2 X Nitto 555G2 275-35-19 with sensors and stems, and 2X Nitto 555RII 305-35-19 with sensors and stems mounted on a staggered Shelby CS-5s using a no-touch mount (new wheels!) ? I am in San Jose.

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I've got the CS-5s on my car also. I did not notice any looseness between the wheel and hub. No vibrations at freeway speeds noted either.

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Just arrived...
12B5A654-6B02-4966-90C3-3AD2A6B4365B.jpeg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
so the CS-5 Wheel does accept stock Ford OEM pony caps, Or is that some custom made cap?
I found a solution to my quest for Pony Center caps for Shelby wheels. These are Adhesive Pony Caps that are Shelby wheel sized. They are raised plastic caps that stick on. It’s hazy in the photos, because I haven’t taken the plastic protection off.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I found a solution to my quest for Pony Center caps for Shelby wheels. These are Adhesive Pony Caps that are Shelby wheel sized. They are raised plastic caps that stick on. It’s hazy in the photos, because I haven’t taken the plastic protection off.
So The Shelby Signature wheel cap emblem surface is perfectly flat? I had issue sticking something on Forgestar caps and could still see the outline of the F since it was sightly raised, so I was able to drill out and remove the entire metal foil emblem and revealed the nice flat plastic surface below and bonus was the custom pony resin dome raised emblems I had made fit exactly inside and the borders remained raised around it giving it a factory look.

Sponsored

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
So The Shelby Signature wheel cap emblem surface is perfectly flat? I had issue sticking something on Forgestar caps and could still see the outline of the F since it was sightly raised, so I was able to drill out and remove the entire metal foil emblem and revealed the nice flat plastic surface below and bonus was the custom pony resin dome raised emblems I had made fit exactly inside and the borders remained raised around it giving it a factory look.
They seem to be perfectly flat. I have not stuck them on yet, as I wanted to complete the ceramic coating, so I will keep you posted as to how it applies.

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Got them installed today... wonderful wheel! Fills the wheel well much better, and drives super smooth. I really like the classic look and the 19 inch size... I wrapped these with Nitto 555G2s (275-35-19) and 555R2 (305-35-19). I am going to add the pony center caps this weekend.

IMG_1597.jpg
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_3857.jpg
IMG_4185.jpg

OP
OP
samanosuke47

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Got them installed today... wonderful wheel! Fills the wheel well much better, and drives super smooth. I really like the classic look and the 19 inch size... I wrapped these with Nitto 555G2s (275-35-19) and 555R2 (305-35-19). I am going to add the pony center caps this weekend.

IMG_1597.jpg
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_3857.jpg
IMG_4185.jpg
Yeah man! :sunglasses: Looking sick! I also love how they fill the wheel well out, makes me feel like I don't need to lower it or anything (especially being around here in ole NE, maybe if I lived in a 'gentler' weather state.) and yep I love the 19", and what a different from my stock non performance Pack GT wheels. Granted I had Winter Tires on there, and... will be swapping back at some point during this upcoming winter season... If I'm still here in NE anyway.

I've been getting a lot of compliments, and they are still relatively new to market so not many out there yet. Carroll Shelby Wheels on Instagram was telling me they are picking up though, so it's bound to happen when I see another set in person, but I haven't yet!

We picked good! :rockon:

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Digging the pics of the CS-5s...anyone with gunmetal yet?

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
My issue with these wheels is that they don't come in 20 inch!
Sponsored