Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The question is have is - Have the manual guys driven the A10?

Do they care .....?....me thinks that would be not. ;-)

Another advantage for the manual box ....... can push start the car.... roll down a hill start the car.
Sponsored

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Aaaaannnndddd... I made 30 :cwl::cwl::cwl:

1.png

3 pages in, and I've almost won!

2.png

I’d say at least the manual guys can fill up a whole card.:giggle:

The only thing we hear from the A10 guys is “it’s quicker” or “it’s more consistent”

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Too busy driving to make up reasons to defend our decisions. I got every one of these spaces from posts on this site :like:

I'll make an automatic guys card tomorrow if you like.
Whoa whoa whoa, defend decisions? It’s not like we are driving Kia Sedonas here or something. :cwl:
And yes!!! Please do. I think it would be awesome if every time this thread came up we could bust these out
You know it’s only a matter of hours before someone else posts a new Auto vs Manual thread. :clock:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
6 sp, weighs less

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
6 speeds taste like chicken.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Auto trans, more single points of failure

Just having fun yanking chains, don't care one way the other to clarify

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'm just happy to have a choice. It'll be a sad day when only one option is available. Force fed anything in life is rather annoying.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
As a streetcar don't you guys with A10's find the endless auto shifting to be annoying? I love the A10 on the road course (paddles only) because with 10 gears I'm never wishing I had another gear lower or higher to stay in the rpm range I want.

Reactions: XS
OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
The clutch is more effocient than a torque converter.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
As a streetcar don't you guys with A10's find the endless auto shifting to be annoying? I love the A10 on the road course (paddles only) because with 10 gears I'm never wishing I had another gear lower or higher to stay in the rpm range I want.
Drive in normal mode. It will shift less.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
But this isn't, even by the nature of the post. It states that automatics are better and my anecdote is suggesting that the manual gearbox in the S550 is unreliable. There is a small group of people who prefer a manual. Why are manuals leaving the market? Are Americans tired of shifting, only want faster laps, or a combination of the two? I think It's because Americans suck at driving and millieniels don't like working towards gratification (I am a millieniel).

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoy driving a manual. My 83 has a 5 speed & had fun shifting up & down through the gears on winding roads. When I got married, I taught my wife to drive it... but that could be another post for someone to begin... But as time wore me down, I decided that my current car would be an automatic. Not sure about the paddle shifting yet, as I liked the floor shift my 72 had.... I guess its good & handy for changing radio stations while up shifting gears.

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I have to say the ease of the auto is nice but the fun of driving the manual takes the cake for me.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
But this isn't, even by the nature of the post. It states that automatics are better and my anecdote is suggesting that the manual gearbox in the S550 is unreliable. There is a small group of people who prefer a manual. Why are manuals leaving the market? Are Americans tired of shifting, only want faster laps, or a combination of the two? I think It's because Americans suck at driving and millieniels don't like working towards gratification (I am a millieniel).

Well there is a certain charm in a "dial" telephone too...that's my generation. When I race a manual box, I heel/toe and left foot brake. Most can't do that pedal dance. So it's not that people can't do it , but, even people like me say why? Honestly a manual box on track is fun for a couple laps and that's about it. Formula 1 hasn't had a manual transmission since 1995! Heck if people really want engagement why not go back to no power steering giant steering wheels, transverse leaf springs, and drum brakes?

Better is relative. We can make up all kinds of things. A manual is better because you can bump start your car. An auto is better because you don't have to clutch in traffic. We could go on with that list forever.
Sponsored