2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
E not available in the desert, kit was part of deal with dealer.

So UUGH the wait continues
Ah ya deal breaker then I get it. Cool the dealer threw it in though. But ya the wait goes on...

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Some Roush Pac 1 are being sold under 1K now plus free shipping and discounts. which is tempting and you get nicer looking CAI, but have to either cut the cover or just put spacer under the driver side bolt to have it just settle just above the CAI lid. Probably similar gains, FP looks to higher low end tq gain, but Roush dyno shows higher peak?

The interesting thing is the Roush calibration will let you drive with 87 fuel if you somehow had to with of course potential decrease in performance.

I am not sure the FP calibration will let you drive with 87 safely vs. Roush.
I'm looking at the two kit options. I have a Roush RS2 A10. The HP/Torque gains seem pretty similar, but with the Roush it seems it's all tune and CAI making the gains, because they don't add a throttle body like the FP one. I don't know if you could add a Bullitt TB to the Roush pack and get even more gain, or if it would screw things up, it not being optimized for the TB. Also, probably my biggest reason for my interest, is in the transmission mapping improvements discussed on the FP version. Does anyone have any experience with the Roush version and if so, does it improved the transmission smoothness as well?

Sponsored

siapa0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Where you going to have it done? I’m not far from you. I bought my GT in Escondido.
Galpin Motorsports at Galpin Ford in the Valley does it,thats where i am getting mine installed when it gets delivered they are the only ones that knew what i was talking about when i called them.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sux about the FP kit backorder. Dang Sept. I am glad I jumped on it when it first came out. Not to rub it in, but I had been waiting for it to come out since I bought my 2018 new. So I didnt waste time when it became available. What is the darn problem with backorder? And a reminder for those who get it later makes sure you have the air inlet tube when you recieve the package. They should hopefully have it all squared away by then.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Look out if the car command the 6-7 gearshift at redline or before. The stock mapping kills the powerband when the 7 is shifting because its before 7000.

Would hope atleast the ford performance tune adressing this and lifting the 260 km/h top speed aswell. At bare minimum
On my way home, an opportunity came up to give it a little gas. The 6/7 shift went to redline. Could only get about 3/4 throttle though because of double digit speed.
Could anyone else with this kit on an A10 confirm the 6/7 shift goes to redline? That's the only reason I'm considering it, I hate that the stock tune only goes to 6800 rpm in 6th.

Removing the top speed limiter would be nice too, but I kind of doubt Ford would do that.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Could anyone else with this kit on an A10 confirm the 6/7 shift goes to redline? That's the only reason I'm considering it, I hate that the stock tune only goes to 6800 rpm in 6th.

Removing the top speed limiter would be nice too, but I kind of doubt Ford would do that.
Are you saying that in manual mode, using paddles you can only get to 6,800 before cut out?? I've taken mine through the gears that way and do not recall it cutting out that soon, although I don't really push it past 7K much, so it's possible I shifted prior to that. With it in normal mode, it just doesn't like to hold gears at all really.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Are you saying that in manual mode, using paddles you can only get to 6,800 before cut out?? I've taken mine through the gears that way and do not recall it cutting out that soon, although I don't really push it past 7K much, so it's possible I shifted prior to that. With it in normal mode, it just doesn't like to hold gears at all really.
Yup that's correct. Regardless of what drive mode, manual or automatic, the car will not go past 6800rpm in 6th gear. In manual mode, it'll run into a soft limiter at 6800. In automatic, it'll short shift at 6800. Other A10 owners have reported the same behavior. Obviously it's not a big deal because the 6-7 shift happens at ~120mph, but it's annoying leaving 700rpm on the table.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm. I’ve seen everything go red which was a cool idea btw but haven't felt a cutout. Probably just shifting in time and like you said, not hitting redline in 6th much on the street. By 5th gear I’m letting off or taking a curve at a little less speed.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Good news...Levittown Ford just shipped my FRPP kit, it came early. Bad news is the car is getting a new oil pan as a brand new car has a leaky oil pan and needs to be replaced.....Not getting a lot of confidence in new Fords.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Good news...Levittown Ford just shipped my FRPP kit, it came early. Bad news is the car is getting a new oil pan as a brand new car has a leaky oil pan and needs to be replaced.....Not getting a lot of confidence in new Fords.
Sorry about the oil pan, congrats on the kit! I'm still in waiting.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Mine is going in for the 9th time in 7 months. The c-pillar creaking is getting worse.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Mine is going in for the 9th time in 7 months. The c-pillar creaking is getting worse.
I read your adventures with Ford on some of the other posts and I pray to the Lord I don't go down this road. I bought this car, I didn't lease and if I start going down this I will sell it. To be frank how do you solve a C Pillar creak?
Sponsored