Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
Well I have the best of both worlds. I have a 2012 Lincoln MKS twin turbo 450 hp all wheel drive that would destroy my 727 Mustang off the line but that`s where it would end. At least they are both fords. As a daily driver the Lincoln has a 12 speaker THX system that sounds so good. To bad the engine does not sound that good but its a fun car at a light. No one sees it coming but they get to see it going. LOL
Sponsored

Danacblack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1
When I was upgrading from my V6 Mustang I was heavily torn between a Stinger GT and Mustang GT. I did not want to spend over like 37k, which would mean I could only buy a Stinger GT, not GT1/GT2 brand new.

The Stinger had some major things that annoyed me. #1, the start/stop system. #2, no remote start. #3, cooled seats not on base GT. #4, car didn't start in Sport if you turned it off in sport.

17 Fusion Sport 2.7TT AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... I did not want to spend over like 37k, which would mean I could only buy a Stinger GT, not GT1/GT2 brand new ... The Stinger had some major things that annoyed me. #1, the start/stop system. #2, no remote start. #3, cooled seats not on base GT. #4, car didn't start in Sport if you turned it off in sport.
I get that. My 16 GT cost 36k, but I was looking for a car that a) had Winter capability b) was a fast as the Mustang c) looked great. I previously owned a 14 Taurus SHO and 17 Fusion Sport (both AWD) but they only met the first criteria.

I realized I'd only be satisfied with a Stinger GT AWD so I got a base for 43k. Sure, it will take me a little longer to pay back. But at least it has a 10 yr/100k Powertrain Warranty and pony car owners still let me hang with them. :-)
IMG_0296aa.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Drove a Stinger GT2 last night, the rear-drive-only edition. Holy smokes is that a fast car. Now THAT is a motor (and trans programming) that belongs in the Mustang. Come on Ford get real and shove at the least the 2.7EB into the car and beat the A10 programming team over the head with clubs till they learn how to program a damn transmission.

The suspension was beautiful. Ford engineers really are a bunch of wankers.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
With the arrival of my daughter and living in Canada I've decided to sell my mustang and get something with 4 doors and AWD. Any thoughts on the Kia Stinger? Looks like a good deal, especially here in Canada
F150 with the 3.5, you'll be glad you did it. It'll last forever, will never rust, get's about the same mpgs.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
F150 with the 3.5, you'll be glad you did it. It'll last forever, will never rust, get's about the same mpgs.
will carry 4/5 adults without so much as a banged shin, a full set of tires, 2 drums of fuel, a pop-up awning AND haul the Mustang to the track. Empty my 3.5EB manages 23mpg in TOW mode - which is the best of the drive modes IMO as it keeps the engine spinning ready to make power in an instant. My EB2.3 Mustang only manages 24MPG but I do drive it a touch harder.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
About a week ago I ended up next to a Stinger GT at a stop light. Despite the horrible traction in the cooler temps, I managed to stay within a fender through 1st and pulled away easily in 2nd still spinning.
Shifted into 3rd and let up, but if this was a full 1/4 mile I’d continue pulling away.
Nice car nonetheless

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I'd buy a used BMW or Audi over a new Stinger.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
At least the Kia isn’t driven by hipsters. Nice looking car. Great warranty.

I wouldn’t buy a bmw or Audi ever. Lease would be better but still a waste of money.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
At least the Kia isn’t driven by hipsters. Nice looking car. Great warranty.

I wouldn’t buy a bmw or Audi ever. Lease would be better but still a waste of money.
Those are not cars to own outside of a warranty. But that being said the way they underreport their power and make them easy to mod to high hp is very tempting.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Those are not cars to own outside of a warranty. But that being said the way they underreport their power and make them easy to mod to high hp is very tempting.
It is all about picking the right model and knowing what is needed, with BMW. They are more expensive to maintain, but will last for many years and still look and perform well. 200k miles is not unusual. A 2008 - 2012 335i, without a lot of options, is a great "drivers" car. It just feels right and does everything well.

I am 77 and don't drive much any more, so there's no point to having 3 cars, especially with a 2 car garage. So, I'll be selling my 335i and will miss it a lot! It makes my Mustang feel like driving a bus. Even at 10 years old, it looks better than my Mustang... much better fit, finish and paint quality.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It is all about picking the right model and knowing what is needed, with BMW. They are more expensive to maintain, but will last for many years and still look and perform well. 200k miles is not unusual. A 2008 - 2012 335i, without a lot of options, is a great "drivers" car. It just feels right and does everything well.

I am 77 and don't drive much any more, so there's no point to having 3 cars, especially with a 2 car garage. So, I'll be selling my 335i and will miss it a lot! It makes my Mustang feel like driving a bus. Even at 10 years old, it looks better than my Mustang... much better fit, finish and paint quality.
My girl's son has a 2008 335i and it recently broke down. He scanned it and the scan produced 8 pages of codes... Fortunately he is knows how to rebuild an engine so he's pretty mechanical but even he had to forward me some of the codes to analyze them for him once he paired it down to a few tricky ones.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Plugs, coil packs and waste gates are the first things that come to mind. I also try to upgrade the cooling to reduce normal operating temperature, which is about 250 and isn't good for gaskets and seals over time. I can usually get mine to run around 220 with a better intercooler and radiator, along with generally moderate temperatures around here.

Last edited:

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Adding a 'Stang to the stable 2021 carbonised grey Gt 5.0 convertible. For the last 3 years ive had a Stinger GT(2), i pre-ordered before the launch.

Its going to be interesting comparing the two, whilst driving a demo 'stang i forgot about the handbrake a bit embarrassing. The noise of the V8 is a chart topper and the instant power is a winners. Tech wise they seem to be similar. Ill come back with review in a couple of months. Wife prefers the Mustang so far from the drive, the front view for short woman was a big tick. For a taller person the Stingers rear mirror is positioned badly.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Alpha Romeo Gulia.
Sponsored