Sponsored

Weird Insurance situation - if anyone can exp

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
...no reasonable explanation for premium increase. I asked to speak with supervisor. I've been on the phone with him for over 15 min and never got reasonable explanation either. All he was repeating it is because my driving history. When I asked what is that history about, he failed to explain. My suspicion is that maybe insurance companies can somehow monitor through modem or Ford Connect app that I have on my phone connected to my 2019 GT350?
It's certainly plausible that your "driving history" is data they buy from Ford, and they won't explain because they won't let the cat out of the bag.

Prevention: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/4g-modem-disabling-instructions.146860/
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Received renewal for my six months car insurance policy with Geico for three cars. The new policy increased for two thousand dollars :frown:.
I don't have any violations or tickets. I've been hit by commercial track riding my bicycle resulting of dislocated and broken shoulder two months ago. This is no-fault accident and medical bills will be reimbursed by other party insurance company. NJ law is required to go against auto insurance for any accident involve motor vehicle regardless if you driver or not. So, in ER I gave them my Geico auto insurance. For this Geico(or any other insurance company) should not increase my policy premium. When I went over my policy with the agent, he said that I have discount for being a good driver. But no reasonable explanation for premium increase. I asked to speak with supervisor. I've been on the phone with him for over 15 min and never got reasonable explanation either. All he was repeating it is because my driving history. When I asked what is that history about, he failed to explain. My suspicion is that maybe insurance companies can somehow monitor through modem or Ford Connect app that I have on my phone connected to my 2019 GT350? I'm driving this car, modestly said, very spirited on the streets as probably many of us do. Do any of you guys know anything about this insurance activities if so? Interested to read your comments/thoughts.
Geico did the same thing to us last year, We switched to Progressive.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
This year, wife and I removed both Shelby's from our daily insurance. We have AAA insurance for my Excursion and her 2018 Ecoboost.

Grundy insures the Shelby's. Saved us a ton of money!!!

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
The premium went up from 1100/6m to 3160/6m
Almost a 2000% increase, pretty remarkable, especially when your insurer can't adequately explain it.

Maybe “no fault” doesn’t mean no increased in premium.
I was legally parked with my business truck and trailer and a drunk hit me. He had full coverage and my premium went up and the accident is on my record regardless of fault. I didn’t change insurance companies due to the record of that accident.
Maybe someone can explain exactly what no fault means. I’d bet, not much.
"No fault" mainly has to do only with who pays your med bills after a car acc. Your carrier pays regardless of fault. Some allow you to make private health insurance primary, but most often you will use your car insurance and they may not be entitled to reimbursement "regardless of fault".

So what do they do if you didn't have a car and therefore had no car insurance?
Typically you would go to the insurance for the car you occupied or a car that struck you, if you are not in a car.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Any word on when other cap styles will start being produced? I am interested in the "GT" ones.

Sponsored

IconicGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Shelby GT350
There is an option to enable insurance sharing in the head unit under My Fordpass setting. Is it turned on or off in your car?
20200829_181949.jpg
20200829_181955.jpg

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
"Ford doesn't share the data with insurance companies."

I unchecked that box the day I got my car, and don't get me wrong - it's a good thing that there is even an option available there. But I have zero confidence that the data isn't potentially still shared. Have companies and tech taught us that they are honest, forthcoming, and trustworthy?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
There is an option to enable insurance sharing in the head unit under My Fordpass setting. Is it turned on or off in your car?
20200829_181949.jpg
20200829_181955.jpg
I checked mine but is it is a GT not GT350 it didn't have insurance one
Having a 2020 GT with Roush stage 2 don't want insurance going up lol $68 a month is plenty for a old man
IMG_5970.jpg
IMG_5971.jpg

taylor0987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Fords and counting
I was shocked and made and was told it went up because I had a charge off… AKA some soccer mom totally 3 cars and damaging 2 others and I get the blame for totally my car. I took it all the way to State Farm district and got the same message. I had been with State Farm for 20+ years and had no speeding tickets or other accidents. I even went as far as to take a competing quotes from Progressive and others with more coverages and still cheaper than the $100 I was currently was paying. In the end I moved to Progressive and have been with them since 2007 and will not look back or ever consider State Far again. Since my accident I have daily back pain with bulging disk and arthritis in my mid back where the damage was done. I can’t sleep in a bed that is flat.
I've always heard "charge off" in terms of a debt that you didn't pay and the debtor wrote it off... i.e. to me, it sounds like they think you had a change on your credit report rather than something related to that accident. May want to check your credit report to make sure there is nothing reported incorrectly there.
https://www.credit.com/blog/charged-off-as-bad-debt/

Sponsored

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Geico did the same thing to us last year, We switched to Progressive.
Be careful with Progressive. Their coverage isn't the same as most other companies (been burned before - will never go back to them). If there is a claim, they post your deductible against each charge and not just the accident overall. This can add up to big $$ very fast!

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
20200829_181949.jpg
20200829_181955.jpg
I don't have this on my 2019 GT350 with updated Sync 3.4.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Be careful with Progressive. Their coverage isn't the same as most other companies (been burned before - will never go back to them). If there is a claim, they post your deductible against each charge and not just the accident overall. This can add up to big $$ very fast!
I would never use Progressive. I had really good insurance from Hanover, but this year they doubled my premium, they could not explain it either. I sent ment my current (2019-2020) plan to other insurance companies, to show my current coverage to get a competitive quote, Progressive, Geico and Liberty were all "cheap" BUT the price was based on bare coverage minimums in comparison to what I had, so a true comparison was not available. I ended up going with a local insurance company (Fremont, which my agent says they are hard to get into) and it brought it back down to about where it was before.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I don't have this on my 2019 GT350 with updated Sync 3.4.
I can't find it right now, either, but it was there. It may go missing after you pull the fuse, I haven't put the fuse back in to test whether it's gone because of that or it's gone because I'm blind.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Posted that incorrecty, we WERE with Progressive but they raised rates and wife changed it again...
Sponsored