Sponsored

Is this deal a good one?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
Hello every one I am new to the community as a user but been lurking around a lot, as I have always wanted a mustang and the time have come that I can afford one. I am a complete noobie when it comes to mustangs though I would like some one's insight about this beautiful car I came across !
Wondering if its a good deal !

2019 Ford mustang eco-boost premium with 20,000km ( still has warranty)
3 YR/60,000 KM BASIC
5YEAR/100,000 KM
POWERTRAIN
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE 24 HRS
Packages :

2019 MODEL YEAR FEDERAL EXCISE TAX $100.00
10-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION $1,750.00
P265/35R20 W-RATED TIRE
BLADE DECKLID SPOILER
3.15 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE
FORD SAFE & SMART PACKAGE $1,500.00
.ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
B&O PREMIUM SOUND SYS,12 SPKR $1,000.00
.12 SPEAKER SYSTEM
50 STATE EMISSIONS NO CHARGE
20 PREMIUM-PAINTED ALUM WHEEL $1,500.00
VOICE-ACT TOUCH-SCR NAV SYS $800.00

MSRP $45,375.00
I deal i got for this car is $32,880 CAD this price includes tax and every other fee
Thanks
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Seems pretty fair to me, after converting to usd and looking for cars within that price range looks like you got it on the lower to low mid price range.

Biggest thing is after you purchase don’t look back and wonder or beat yourself up. Just enjoy it!

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
Seems pretty fair to me, after converting to usd and looking for cars within that price range looks like you got it on the lower to low mid price range.

Biggest thing is after you purchase don’t look back and wonder or beat yourself up. Just enjoy it!
Thanks a ton for your input:) I cant wait to own one always wanted one just wanted to get advice from this wonderful community !
The dealer have also mentioned that I would need to get a SCT tune to unlock the full hp of the car is that true or just trying to up sell?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Tunes really wake up the ecoboosts, but that’s subjective to every individual.
I would suggest checking out there specific thread as there is no shortage of people turning out impressive numbers in them.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
IDK if that's a good deal in today's market or not.
I can tell you that 13 months ago I bought my EcoBoost Premium convertible. Bought an '18 used in July of '19. New sticker price was just shy of $40k. I paid $21k. That's not quite1/2 sticker price.
The way you list numbers (sticker vs out the door) it's hard to compare but I'd guess you got about 1/3 off sticker.

I don't really understand people asking if they got a good deal after the fact. If you found what you like and were happy enough to pull the trigger then just enjoy it

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Used car market is very unstable right now. Best way to determine car value.. a used car is worth what you can sell it for. There is always someone that will come up and say you paid too much.

If you buy it, concentrate on condition of car, what option it has, etc...

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
IDK if that's a good deal in today's market or not.
I can tell you that 13 months ago I bought my EcoBoost Premium convertible. Bought an '18 used in July of '19. New sticker price was just shy of $40k. I paid $21k. That's not quite1/2 sticker price.
The way you list numbers (sticker vs out the door) it's hard to compare but I'd guess you got about 1/3 off sticker.

I don't really understand people asking if they got a good deal after the fact. If you found what you like and were happy enough to pull the trigger then just enjoy it
I haven't bought the car yet, thats why I am asking this is by far the best deal I got so far with respect to how clean the car considering covid every one is bored and went on a mustang buying streak.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
Used car market is very unstable right now. Best way to determine car value.. a used car is worth what you can sell it for. There is always someone that will come up and say you paid too much.

If you buy it, concentrate on condition of car, what option it has, etc...
Thanks for your advice , the only option I wish it had is an active exhaust system I haven't seen an ecoboost with one yet in my area. Do they exist?

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Don't meant soundcruel, I had a eco-boost 6 speed, loved it. But don't rice it up. A 4 cylinder Mustang with aftermarket exhaust... nah...

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your advice , the only option I wish it had is an active exhaust system I haven't seen an ecoboost with one yet in my area. Do they exist?
You can add adjustable exhaust aftermarket. As much as I love my active exhaust, I now wish I would have installed a Roush active exhaust aftermarket. It's easier to adjust and the tips look better. It is more expensive going Roush though.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Thanks a ton for your input:) I cant wait to own one always wanted one just wanted to get advice from this wonderful community !
The dealer have also mentioned that I would need to get a SCT tune to unlock the full hp of the car is that true or just trying to up sell?
Unless they give you a signed paper saying they will honor the warranty with a tune installed I wouldn’t get it. Yes it might make more horsepower but at the cost of your warranty. Of course it’s up to the dealer to honor the warranty or not if they see a tune on it but I would play it safe and not tune it if you want to keep it.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I deal i got for this car is $32,880 CAD this price includes tax and every other fee
Thanks
I haven't bought the car yet, thats why I am asking this is by far the best deal I got so far with respect to how clean the car considering covid every one is bored and went on a mustang buying streak.
I see. The end of your first post made it sound like it was a done deal.

Doesn't change my comment in general though. It dismayes me when people ask that question after the deal is done. And it's something you see surprisingly often.

Anyway, as I said, I can only offer my experience of a year ago. But I do keep seeing that used Mustang prices are going up, way up I guess.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Anyway, as I said, I can only offer my experience of a year ago. But I do keep seeing that used Mustang prices are going up, way up I guess.
It's mostly in the GT range. There are so many EB's in comparison that it hasn't really affected that market as much, if any.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes they do but they are rare. I did hear one and as a former EB owner I think it sounded really good.

It's mostly in the GT range. There are so many EB's in comparison that it hasn't really affected that market as much, if any.
Maybe, but OP’s in Canada. We really do not know what the used car market is like up there.