Sponsored

Need advice on parts I ordered and have not gotten yet.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So I ordered some stuff weeks and weeks ago. The Chinese stuff got here no problem and the stuff from big vendors got here no problem quick on time and great. The issue im having is two American part makers I feel are dicking me around.

Both parts are built to order but... I called the one person and asked if they had any non custom ones ready to go. They said yes I was great Ill order one now. That was 4 weeks ago, so I emailed them after two weeks and they said yes yes its ready they will send me a tracking in a day or so. IM ok thanks. A week goes by no tracking. I wait as Im trying to be a pain and all my questions are polite im not ranting in my e-mails. I e-mail again and ask if there is anything issues as I never got a tracking. they say oh they are sorry but dont explain and say ill have tracking tomorrow the items are ready to go. tomorrow comes and goes and still no tracking or shipment. I not gonna say the product or person but it is someone people on here talk about often and highly. I mean I order 4 weeks ago because they said they had some ready to ship at the time I ordered. so Im lost.

Second one has been selling a particular item for years and years and I only see good reviews. he answered all my questions right away and I felt good as the item is rather expensive for what it is. It stated it takes 3 weeks to get the order made and shipped maybe a few days longer. well three weeks comes and goes. week 4... so I try to call and leave messages no returned calls... i called several times no answer no calls. I hit up their facebook. no response yet they are posting so I know they are checking. luckily I had their personal number and i send a text to it. simply and nicely asking for an order update. they respond and say yup almost done just gotta finish last thing tomorrow. great... That was 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. so its been over 6 weeks now. I dont want to bug them but I want an answer and I would like my product.

The issue is I can not get either of these items anywhere else and I really want them. I think the one guy would be ok and give money back if I wanted but the second one has no refunds for any reason all over his site so....I think he would be a pain maybe.

I have this luck though. I can order custom stuff from china and they build it ship it and i have it in days. every time i get something from someone here in America its a sorta you'll get it when I feel like it attitude.

Anyway what would yall do? I was worried ( for them not my items) maybe they got sick or something but the times I got answers and replies they said they were fine. But offered zero explanation for the delays.

like I said I really want the items but how much longer should I wait till I just say hey I want my money back.
Sponsored

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Who are the vendors and what are the parts?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
A no refund policy only comes into play with a completed transaction. My suggestion is take the kid gloves off. Get a firm completion and ship date, ideally in writing. Tell them if this deadline is missed again the charges will be disputed with your credit card company and or PayPal.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Name the vendors and the parts - maybe there are alternatives that you don't know of (happened to me several times) that people may suggest.

Otherwise it is a question of how much you really want these parts - my patience in cases like this goes only so far, at some point I give up regardless of how much I want something.

bknight21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brayden
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium a10
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened to me with two very large vendors. I’m actually still waiting on one of them. The first vendor took about a month and a half longer than expected to finally send me the product. I’m still waiting on the second vendor. It’s been about 2 1/2 months with multiple follow ups. I’ve even watched the “expected delivery date” go from 5-6 weeks all the way down to 1-2 weeks for it to go right back to 5-6 weeks again. I’m hoping that this time the product is actually sent out. Otherwise I’m cancelling the order for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Who are the vendors and what are the parts?
I sorta went through lengths to no tname them for a reason :) who they are or what the item is really isnt relevant

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Name the vendors and the parts - maybe there are alternatives that you don't know of (happened to me several times) that people may suggest.
Just have to trust me there are no alternatives it is custom parts. I dont want to shit tak a vendor just in the off chance its just some mix up. peopel now aday are to quick to throw pople under a buss. the vendor and part really dont matter its the situation

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
A no refund policy only comes into play with a completed transaction. My suggestion is take the kid gloves off. Get a firm completion and ship date, ideally in writing. Tell them if this deadline is missed again the charges will be disputed with your credit card company and or PayPal.
Yeah i have thought about just being hey wheres my stuff ot im gonn charge back... but then im afraid I will get a crap product or you know thye wont care as much to make it right. Think about when someone jumps your shit for something are you then inclined to do the best job after?

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Usually there are good explanations for delays, as my delays (personal & professional) when ordering parts earlier this year were caused by the china virus. However, each time the vendor involved kept me informed until I received my orders. The unnamed vendor you're dealing with is not being fair to that extent. I suggest contacting once more & ask for a reason for the delays, then cancelling your order if you don't receive satisfaction. It's only business, not personal.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Usually there are good explanations for delays, as my delays (personal & professional) when ordering parts earlier this year were caused by the china virus. However, each time the vendor involved kept me informed until I received my orders. The unnamed vendor you're dealing with is not being fair to that extent. I suggest contacting once more & ask for a reason for the delays, then cancelling your order if you don't receive satisfaction. It's only business, not personal.
Yeah I guess you are right but man I want the items :( I guess my frustration frommthe one is they said they had plain non customized one build ready to go when I ordered so why 4 weeks? The other one yeah it had to be made but it was also said 3 weeks not 6. I mean if you cant do it in that time frame then why say you can? That was the bases for my order was the time frame. and from what I know neither of these people are affected by and covid stuff. The one that supprises me is the first one, hes made lots of stuff for people here on forum (another reason Im not naming him or his product) and no one has ever had a complaint that I have seen. He actually comes recommended.

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I received the exact same treatment from Thomas @ Harness By Hextall, we'd speak and he said everything is in stock and he'll ship it right away...and then he's gone and won't answer any form a communication for months. Luckily I was able to get his product from another member here and all is good, but dam I thought he had a great reputation here and I actually spoke to him before he ghosted me. I know he got really busy at the end of last year but that's no excuse for piss poor customer service.

My advice is to call them out so others are aware and aren't stuck in the same situation.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Being that you want the items, I feel that the company should sweeten the pot & discount the cost since you've had to wait so long. Not calling them out by name on this forum shows class, but business is business. I don't think they want their reputation ruined as this website has many readers & members that see this.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I received the exact same treatment from Thomas @ Harness By Hextall, we'd speak and he said everything is in stock and he'll ship it right away...and then he's gone and won't answer any form a communication for months. Luckily I was able to get his product from another member here and all is good, but dam I thought he had a great reputation here and I actually spoke to him before he ghosted me. I know he got really busy at the end of last year but that's no excuse for piss poor customer service.

My advice is to call them out so others are aware and aren't stuck in the same situation.
Oh I will once I figure out whats what. :)

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I am going to post this Forbes articles as it’s relevant https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...re-continues-to-improve-customer-service/amp/

As it’s interesting to read how companies respond and they themselves use it as an opportunity of improvement.

Personally though I’d never call out a company unless I myself would be willing to share the products or company name. As it might catch the eye of someone associated or someone else might have had the situation and/or be saved from going through the headache it appears your in.