Ecoboost High Performance Pkg 0-60 actual

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not true, base HPP with Handling Package $36,250. Base GT with Magneride $45,965. Even if you take out the Magneride, the base GT is $4k more.
MSRP of Base HPP with handling package and MSRP of base GT is almost exactly the same, my window sticker says $36,725. Mind you that's a zero option car that most people won't want (even though in reality it's not any less comfortable or livable), but still. Maybe you're thinking of a base Premium?

Either way I think the HPP is cool, and it's unfair to judge the car when it hasn't even gotten half way through break-in yet. For all we know Ford put a power/boost limit on the car until it hits a certain amount of miles. GM is doing that with the C8, you can't go close to redline until at least 500 miles. There's also traction considerations, Ford's OEM tires aren't the best, and traction control will silently pull power if it starts detecting wheel spin. In most real life situations an HPP auto is probably faster than a base GT 6MT, with the exception of a highway rolling pull or a 5-60 without anyone using launch control.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
MSRP of Base HPP with handling package and MSRP of base GT is almost exactly the same, my window sticker says $36,725. Mind you that's a zero option car that most people won't want (even though in reality it's not any less comfortable or livable), but still. Maybe you're thinking of a base Premium?
Have to compare apples to apples. Base GT still needs PP1 or PP2 to go heads up with a EB HPP. That’s where the numbers come from.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Have to compare apples to apples. Base GT still needs PP1 or PP2 to go heads up with a EB HPP. That’s where the numbers come from.
Okay I see what you were saying. I thought we were just comparing base for base, but now I realize OP was including the handling package as his baseline for the HPP so that is likely more important to him.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What's the spec on your Euro GT?
420 hp more like 395 on the dyno in a warm day. GT PP Premium last time I weighted the car was 4056 lbs with me in it I dropped 65 lbs so a bit less than 4000 lbs when I raced it and got to 13.5 but this is on non prepped track and on street tires. So what you will see on the street.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Got it, still not bad for a street number. Couldn't bring trackbite to the airstrip?
It's old airfield and not very well maintained still lots of grip and I didn't have a lot of wheelspin also my car is Manual so this could be adding to the times.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Looks at high performance car. Evaluates it with 50 miles and regular gas and without knowing how to launch it for fast times.

Good talk.
OP is admittedly new at this. He had unrealistic expectations which we are trying to explain to him. Presuming he decides he really wants a Mustang and an EB HPP it will be interesting to watch him grow into it.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, exactly what Brian said...the OP just doesn't have enough experience to get a good 0-60 time in the HPP yet. Could you imagine passing on a HPP for a...Datsun! (Nissan Altima)

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
Hi, I'm probably the first owner of the HPP Mustang on this thread lol. First off, 87 octane and 50 miles will undoubtedly give you a much slower than advertised 0-60. Second, as many people in this thread said, it's not easy to actually achieve the advertised 0-60 for your car as those are tested on prepped courses and 1ft rolls.

I have just crossed 5,000 miles on my HPP with the Handling Package, I've done a couple of 0-60 runs using 93 of course and the best I've gotten was 4.9 seconds. The car is very fast for what it is and at this point if you're cross shopping this with an Altima, I don't know what to say. This thing will very much surprise as I've been able to run with cars like Type-Rs, and even BMW M340s.

Sponsored

Brh1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP w/Handling Package
I just hit 600 miles in mine. Trying to take things pretty easy until I hit at least 1k miles with premium gas. After that I'll hopefully be able to find a good place/time to try out some 0-60s, haha.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
2-300 miles is more than enough time to 'loosen up' things. Set records, no, but it's not like you're looking for tenths at a sanctioned event.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hi, I'm probably the first owner of the HPP Mustang on this thread lol. First off, 87 octane and 50 miles will undoubtedly give you a much slower than advertised 0-60. Second, as many people in this thread said, it's not easy to actually achieve the advertised 0-60 for your car as those are tested on prepped courses and 1ft rolls.

I have just crossed 5,000 miles on my HPP with the Handling Package, I've done a couple of 0-60 runs using 93 of course and the best I've gotten was 4.9 seconds. The car is very fast for what it is and at this point if you're cross shopping this with an Altima, I don't know what to say. This thing will very much surprise as I've been able to run with cars like Type-Rs, and even BMW M340s.
Auto I assume.