Weird Insurance situation - if anyone can exp

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Maybe “no fault” doesn’t mean no increased in premium.
I was legally parked with my business truck and trailer and a drunk hit me. He had full coverage and my premium went up and the accident is on my record regardless of fault. I didn’t change insurance companies due to the record of that accident.
Maybe someone can explain exactly what no fault means. I’d bet, not much.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yes, sure. Please do this. Thanks!
Here you go:

they’re lying to you. we can absolutely see why a renewal premium changed - for better or worse. very shady. but to be honest, sometimes an increase is their way of saying “time to shop around, we don’t really want you as a customer”. this is common with geico who happens to have the most unstable rates in the industry.

there are two main reports we use for driving history - mvr from your state (tickets and violations) and your clue report from lexixnexis (accidents and claims). you can request copies of these to see what’s on there. you just have to request them from the reporting agencies, not your insurance company.

another option would be to get online and start quoting with other companies. i’d start with the big ones, progressive, state farm and allstate.

they probably raised your premium because of the claim and they moved you into a more risky underwriting tier.

but in any case, no they are not tracking your driving.

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Here you go:

they’re lying to you. we can absolutely see why a renewal premium changed - for better or worse. very shady. but to be honest, sometimes an increase is their way of saying “time to shop around, we don’t really want you as a customer”. this is common with geico who happens to have the most unstable rates in the industry.

there are two main reports we use for driving history - mvr from your state (tickets and violations) and your clue report from lexixnexis (accidents and claims). you can request copies of these to see what’s on there. you just have to request them from the reporting agencies, not your insurance company.

another option would be to get online and start quoting with other companies. i’d start with the big ones, progressive, state farm and allstate.

they probably raised your premium because of the claim and they moved you into a more risky underwriting tier.

but in any case, no they are not tracking your driving.
Thanks man! All I need to know. Glad they don't monitor driving speed yet.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I explain in my initial post. NJ law is required to go against auto insurance for any accident involve motor vehicle regardless if you driver or not. I have personal medical insurance but in ER hospital employee asked me for my auto car insurance. This was no-fault accident on my side. So, my insurance will be reimbursed from the other party insurance. This how it works here in NJ.
So what do they do if you didn't have a car and therefore had no car insurance?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Flo, The Gekko, The caveman, the Emu and Doug, the stumbling actor.....are not your friends.....

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
So what do they do if you didn't have a car and therefore had no car insurance?
My question exactly. I’d have said, sorry, I don’t carry car insurance, I drive a company car and it’s not mine. Then hand over your health insurance card. Let them fight the insurance company of the driver who hit you.

Very sorry for the OP who was injured, hope you are ok. I also hope you sue the person who hit you and make them pay for all the BS you’re now embroiled in.....

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Flo, The Gekko, The caveman, the Emu and Doug, the stumbling actor.....are not your friends.....
This and the health insurance “industry” are only interested in the One!!! (profit). As my father said years ago, “it’s a business and a racket.”

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Received renewal for my six months car insurance policy with Geico for three cars. The new policy increased for two thousand dollars :frown:.
I don't have any violations or tickets. I've been hit by commercial track riding my bicycle resulting of dislocated and broken shoulder two months ago. This is no-fault accident and medical bills will be reimbursed by other party insurance company. NJ law is required to go against auto insurance for any accident involve motor vehicle regardless if you driver or not. So, in ER I gave them my Geico auto insurance. For this Geico(or any other insurance company) should not increase my policy premium. When I went over my policy with the agent, he said that I have discount for being a good driver. But no reasonable explanation for premium increase. I asked to speak with supervisor. I've been on the phone with him for over 15 min and never got reasonable explanation either. All he was repeating it is because my driving history. When I asked what is that history about, he failed to explain. My suspicion is that maybe insurance companies can somehow monitor through modem or Ford Connect app that I have on my phone connected to my 2019 GT350? I'm driving this car, modestly said, very spirited on the streets as probably many of us do. Do any of you guys know anything about this insurance activities if so? Interested to read your comments/thoughts.
Sorry you were hit, hope you’ve recovered. Insurance is treacherous. I once herniated a disc in my neck after a fall. I wish I could say it was a skydiving injury or something cool, but no, I got dumped on my butt in one of those kiddy bouncy house things at my little nephew’s birthday party. Eventually the pain drove me to get an MRI and PT. Thankfully I recovered with no surgery needed. For about the next five years, my health insurance company badgered both me and my car insurance company, insisting that I’d had whiplash from a motor vehicle accident. They got my car insurance company all stirred up and I had to sign about a dozen forms over the years saying that I was NOT in a car accident. Next, I learned that your car insurance company will search the DMV database of your state, looking for any vehicle registered in your name. I have State Farm for all my cars, home and umbrella, but used Progressive for my ATV. Well State Farm found out about that and now makes me send in copies of my ATV insurance card every year, or else they won’t honor my umbrella policy. Not saying that’s wrong but boy is it Big Brother (and big data) how they dig into your affairs. But to State Farm’s credit, they do insure my 2011GT500 for about $40 a month......

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
The problem is that Ford is doing that now, automatically. Ford knows how many times I've hit 120MPH and exactly where at I'm sure, lol. They don't share it with insurance companies yet, but I wonder for how long.
Isn't that able to be turned off? I tried to use the app connect thing and it said I couldn't because i disabled the tracking feature. Are they just straight lying and collecting data anyway?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Isn't that able to be turned off? I tried to use the app connect thing and it said I couldn't because i disabled the tracking feature. Are they just straight lying and collecting data anyway?
Supposedly the car is always recording the data about how it's driven and where you take it, especially if you use the FordPass app. Not that google isn't doing the same thing, but still. So I would wager that yes, the car is always collecting data even if you disable it's ability to share it.

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I've been covered by Geico for 49 years. Broke with them to go to State Farm for 1-1/2 years a few years back to bundle with our house insurance during which they screwed me with premium hikes. Back to Geico for less than premium than before - never had a problem with them that couldn't be resolved easily with a phone call. I would give them a call and ask what's going on.

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I've been covered by Geico for 49 years. Broke with them to go to State Farm for 1-1/2 years a few years back to bundle with our house insurance during which they screwed me with premium hikes. Back to Geico for less than premium than before - never had a problem with them that couldn't be resolved easily with a phone call. I would give them a call and ask what's going on.
Honestly Geico might seem like the cheap company with a dumb lizard but in over a decade now including a stolen car and hit and run on my motorcycle they haven't done me wrong yet

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Received renewal for my six months car insurance policy with Geico for three cars. The new policy increased for two thousand dollars :frown:.
Just for some perspective, what was the % increase?
EDIT to also ask, was the increase $2000 or did the premium go up to $2000?

Last edited:

1HPOWER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francis
Vehicle(s)
2020 shelby gt350
Hi guys I’m new in here. I think it depends how you use your cars. I have 3 car’s too, but i pay less than 300 per month including my 2020 gt350. Same insurance company geico