Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
So after a month of driving around with the Steeda clutch spring and then starting to feel tired of how stiff it is, I decided to remove it... until I figured out what the problem was. I was just telling [MENTION=21562]Blaze489[/MENTION] how I drove another friend's 350 with the stock clutch spring and that it felt relieving to drive with a lighter (stock) clutch spring after using the Steeda one for awhile.

After showing him the picture of my setup, he noticed that I kept the bottom spring and the plastic part that was in the original setup. I looked at Steeda's site and instructions again and didn't see any kind of note about the GT350s having two springs, but yet I search the forums and some people are saying to remove both parts.

So now I've re-installed the Steeda spring and left out the plastic part + the smaller spring.

Here's a picture of how it used to look with the steeda spring (ignore the arrows):

DApHC5.jpg

So does anyone know 100% for sure if we're supposed to remove the plastic part + smaller spring, or is it just an assumption right now? Why does the second smaller spring come with the stock setup to begin with? Just wanting some clarification. Not sure why it's not mentioned in the PDF if it's actually supposed to be removed.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Geeze ........ Steeda even mentions the S550 spring is not for the GT350.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Geeze ........ Steeda even mentions the S550 spring is not for the GT350.
How are you people finding these years old threads?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

LOL ............ Who knows the OP might not have figured it out yet ...?.. after all it did require the OP to RTP (read the poop) .

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you know, that 'Search' function people refuse to use and post the same question over and over despite it being answered 50 times already? Or a Google search yielded the direct post citation.

I drove a 350 yesterday and really don't like the clutch feel vis-a-vis my Steeda-equipped Coyotes. The Shelby is entirely too soft.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
wave4.gif
Hi Jim. Notice what time I posted ? :wink: Having just traded for the new GT350, I made it a point to read through the entirety of our specialized section on the board. Why ? Because there are a lot of damn good tips and trick to be found. And, several of the product reviews from members just saved me some hard earned cash. Plus, Ford makes a lot of running changes. The '18 MY is a classic example. Components that fit the '15-'17 will not the '18-'20. The Steeda clutch spring is a perfect example. It is designed for the S550, MT82 clutch. It was the posts about it not working worth a crap that made me read to the bottom of Steeda's web page. Damn'd if it doesn't say it won't fit the GT350 ............. At The Bottom ! Shame on them ....... The warning needs to be at the top IMHO. https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-7022-s550-clutch-spring

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
you know, that 'Search' function people refuse to use and post the same question over and over despite it being answered 50 times already? Or a Google search yielded the direct post citation.

I drove a 350 yesterday and really don't like the clutch feel vis-a-vis my Steeda-equipped Coyotes. The Shelby is entirely too soft.
love.jpg
rofl.gif

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Basically, we're screwed. Our double spring over spring set up is GT350 specific. With so few numbers of us , Steeda cannot amortise the mfg costs. And yes, that does suck for us that would like to upgrade.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Our double spring over spring set up is GT350 specific.
If you have the dimensions and spring rates, mcmaster.com likely has what you need as far as spring. The other answer is to use the Steeda spring but have someone cut you some PVC or 6061 spacers to suit the flange arrangement you have. Send me a drawing and relevant dims and I'll run them off for you.

Do you love me now?

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
:inlove:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I am going to call Rod or Brian @ Steeda in the am. Maybe they have a solution. Sadly, with the '20 MY being the end for the GT350, I'm not holding out hope.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I am going to call Rod or Brian @ Steeda in the am. Maybe they have a solution. Sadly, with the '20 MY being the end for the GT350, I'm not holding out hope.
No aftermarket clutch spring made for the 2019+ GT350. FP changed the set up and made the clutch more linear. Feels the same as pre-2019 did with the aftermarket spring (at least to me).

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Thank you. That is good to know.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
For a spring that “doesn’t fit”, there sure are a crap ton of guys running it. And have never heard a complaint.
Sponsored