Sponsored

new car on dealer with 1052 miles.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Thats not a great deal. Dealer can do better.

My 16GT was $41k with 100 miles. I got it for $37k so... $4k off.

Not a super great deal but it was the car I wanted. She's paid for now so its all good.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Is it model year 20 or 19? If it is a 20 and you are in an area where Mustangs sell well, then you are about right on the pricing but they may come down just a tad more. If it is a leftover 19, get them to come on down some more on the pricing.
it's a 2020

OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Ps the only option your missing is active exhaust,which I absolutely love.might drive on in your home town to see fell what it's like
I thought about active exhaust for a while, but I really don't care if it has it or not. right now it's kind of hard to find one in white, 401a, auto and with active exhaust. if this one in Arizona deal felt through, I will wait and order a 2021 to my liking.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Thats got be worth 5k all by itself.... what a LOAD.

Stop by I'll fill the tires with Mickey Thompson air for 2500......LMAO
I bought my car 900 miles from where I lived in another state. I got a good deal with almost 9k off msrp but they tacked on a 1 year of free nitrogen fill ups. You have to register online to get the 1 year of free nitrogen fill ups. Problem is i never did get the registration card when I bought the car and the dealership basically blew me off and ignored me after the sale.

I never would voluntarily pay for nitrogen or a nitrogen fill up program but unfortunately it was part of the deal when I bought my car and the price I paid for the car was too good to pass up.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
:cwl::cwl:

I've already done that. 4 times.

I've beat on all 4 of my Coyotes, right from the start. Had a slight 2K tick in my 2016 that went away, and other than that, nothing. Whereas, there are tons of threads here and on other Mustang sites, where people have babied them, and they turned into oil burners.

My 2019 has about 11K miles on it. It's used one quart of oil. One.

On new cars more. Rings and seals still need to be bedded in through heat and pressure cycles. New engines are manufactured to tighter tolerances, so I'd say it's even more important to heat and pressure cycle them.
Yea, but would you feel ok if you knew that you had given someone advice
like this and then they had a catastrophic failure?????

Motorcycle helmet manufacturers say to change helmets every 5 years because the
helmet material may breakdown over time rendering it ineffective.

If I mention this on my Biker forum, they'll flame me because the helmet manufacturer
is only trying to sell more helmets, they say.
If you give someone advice to wear an old helmet and that person gets hurt or killed
because of your recommendation; is that ok with you?

I think it should be the same way with a car......................:stop:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bane022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
None

Bane022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
None
Some dealerships are just straight delusional with their pricing. I have seen leftover 2019s with MSRP of 50k marked down 3k and they are unwilling to negotiate any lower. Dont get emotionally attached to any car you are trying to deal for and know if you expand your search in terms of distance you can almost always find another. Good luck!! Im currently looking for a PP2 in the NE.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This place has consistently crazy pricing. If distance isnt an issue i cant see many other dealerships beating their prices.
And those aren't their best prices. Those will come in another month or two, early fall. 7-8Gs off GTs all day long.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yea, but would you feel ok if you knew that you had given someone advice
like this and then they had a catastrophic failure?????....
I feel extremely confident offering the advice I do, because I know there will be no catastrophic engine failures. If there was going to be, I absolutely guarantee you, we would have heard about it by now. Logic dictates that.

Seriously, it's an internal combustion engine, not a new-born baby. So many people emotionally attach human characteristics to inanimate machines, it's down-right weird. It's perfectly fine, and very important, to get on that throttle, take it to (or close to) that red-line, and then back off and let the engine go through the heat and pressure cycle. Engines NEED heat and pressure spikes to properly bed in many components.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I paid 37.5K for my GT Premium that had a sticker price of 47K. I bought it in Florida though so I had to drive it all the way back to Missouri. Unfortunately I wasn’t on the forums yet and I didn’t read the manual. I babied it during the first 1K miles with a lot of cruise control since it was a long drive, which I found out after is a big no no. So that sucks.. no major issues though except picking up the engine tick after my first oil change.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel extremely confident offering the advice I do, because I know there will be no catastrophic engine failures. If there was going to be, I absolutely guarantee you, we would have heard about it by now. Logic dictates that.

Seriously, it's an internal combustion engine, not a new-born baby. So many people emotionally attach human characteristics to inanimate machines, it's down-right weird. It's perfectly fine, and very important, to get on that throttle, take it to (or close to) that red-line, and then back off and let the engine go through the heat and pressure cycle. Engines NEED heat and pressure spikes to properly bed in many components.
Stuff happens; you know!?!?
Like the guy on here that blew up his Whipple upgrade on the Dyno.
As he said; 'I pushed too hard.'

I guess he was confident as well, huh?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Motorcycle helmet manufacturers say to change helmets every 5 years because the
helmet material may breakdown over time rendering it ineffective.
That has been proven wrong by many independent tests. And if you take good care of your helmet, it can last you 3 times that without any issues. That was true decades ago. The main issue was the glue, not the polystyrene, which environmentalists wish it broke down. Ha ha. However, if you drop the helmet, then you might have compromised the glue, and I wouldn't take any chances there... although many folks do. And same thing if you fall and hit it, even if it's mildly. It's just a matter of doing your own research. Tires really degrade after 5 years, even if they look perfect. They just don't grip anywhere near new, so they can be dangerous, especially on a motorcycle. I never let a tire get past 5 years, and that's from its production date, not when I bought it.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That has been proven wrong by many independent tests. And if you take good care of your helmet, it can last you 3 times that without any issues. That was true decades ago. The main issue was the glue, not the polystyrene, which environmentalists wish it broke down. Ha ha. However, if you drop the helmet, then you might have compromised the glue, and I wouldn't take any chances there... although many folks do. And same thing if you fall and hit it, even if it's mildly. It's just a matter of doing your own research. Tires really degrade after 5 years, even if they look perfect. They just don't grip anywhere near new, so they can be dangerous, especially on a motorcycle. I never let a tire get past 5 years, and that's from its production date, not when I bought it.
If you haven't hit the road yet, this is none of your business.
I smacked the road @ about 45 mph and the force busted the helmet
and cut my head.
Fortunately my 'noggin was spared any damage.
Was a new helmet; around 2 years old.
I would hate to think what would have happened if the helmet
would have been older as you lesser types tout the mis-information of
"it would be OK."

Maybe for you, huh?

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
and we all know that nothing's as fast or fun to drive as a loaner

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I thought about active exhaust for a while, but I really don't care if it has it or not. right now it's kind of hard to find one in white, 401a, auto and with active exhaust. if this one in Arizona deal felt through, I will wait and order a 2021 to my liking.
Wait until November to buy, an do not baby it whichever car you choose. The first 500-1000 miles are critical to properly seat the rings. If you go too easy on it, the mating of the cylinder wall to piston ring will be too smooth/ polished, and this is where you get lower compression, excessive blow-by. Drive aggressively, but avoid redline or hitting the rev limiter. Engine braking is even better for break in. Find a long hill, and engine brake down it whenever possible between 3k - 5k rpms. The vacuum in the cylinders pulls the rings out tight against the cylinder walls. Change the oil after 500 miles to remove the excess metal from break in. Proceed to full synthetic oil of your choice, and balls-to-the wall operation.

1052 miles is a used car, and those miles are likely from test drives, and service managers weekend burnouts and racing down the highway. I'd avoid that car like the Coronavirus if I were you.

Mustangs are plentiful, and come the end of the year, you can get steep discounts for the outgoing model year. I bought my 17 GT PP premium for 34k out the door back in 2017, with 0% financing because it had been sitting on the lot for 186 days. It had 85 miles on it.

Just my .02
Sponsored