2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Hey Bob, I would like to hear your comparo of that purdy GW Merc to the new 500 :muscle:

Bob1023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition 2015 Mercedes Benz SLS GT AMG Final Edition 2020 Ford Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2021(?} Ford GT
Hey Bob, I would like to hear your comparo of that purdy GW Merc to the new 500 :muscle:
Will do. Probably towards the end of August. I can tell you that driving my 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 compared to my Mercedes Benz SLS GT AMG Final Edition and Porsche 911 Turbo was like comparing a Timex to two Rolex watches. The 2013 was fast going straight, but did not handle well with a sloppy gear shift, hard ride and rattled a lot. The 911was quick, smooth and an outstanding handler. The gull wing was stiffer and louder than the 911, but bested the 2013 easily. That said, all three were very fast and catches the eyes of the law enforcement officers. I have been stopped by the police several times in both the 2015 Mercedes Benz SLS GT AMG Final Edition and Ford GT just because they were curious about the cars (and no tickets received). By the way, that SLS especially catches the eyes of the ladies too. As does my Ford GT. The 2013 compares better with the Ford GT, while it is a great unique car, is basically a hand built kit car - fast on the straights, loud and rattles with a hard ride. Hard not to like the Ford GT. Should be getting the new Ford GT
3A51704D-D933-4943-9394-30A230312D56.jpeg
in early 2021. Hope to update you later this month.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Bob, well that don't suck
I just Quoted myself, Is that weird? BTW Bitchen cars, yah I said It.

Bob, do you have an obsession with cars with odd door openings? LOL

Bob1023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition 2015 Mercedes Benz SLS GT AMG Final Edition 2020 Ford Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2021(?} Ford GT
I just Quoted myself, Is that weird? BTW Bitchen cars, yah I said It.

Bob, do you have an obsession with cars with odd door openings? LOL
Not really. The first time I got in the Ford GT and tried closing the door, I almost took a chunk out of the side of my head. And the SLS, for a $300,000 car, has manual gull wing doors that I, a six footer, has to really stretch to pull the door shut. That said, both are really great cars and really fun cars to drive! And I keep my State Farm Insurance agents (yes plural because I have cars in Florida and Illinois) well fed!

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Hey @Snoopy49 Any update from your end with my car since the dealer said they claimed my battery died when it got loaded on the truck to get to the dealer and they had to unload it to replace the battery. That was Wed. and that was 4 days ago. The sales guy said he didnt understand why they just didnt deliver the car and have the dealership replace it. I smell BS.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Hey @Snoopy49 Any update from your end with my car since the dealer said they claimed my battery died when it got loaded on the truck to get to the dealer and they had to unload it to replace the battery. That was Wed. and that was 4 days ago. The sales guy said he didnt understand why they just didnt deliver the car and have the dealership replace it. I smell BS.
I am wondering if the battery was dead and they were not able to load it on a trailer. From what I have heard, if the battery is dead, Ford would not allow them to jump start the car and they must wait for a replacement battery to be installed. With all the electronics in the new cars, I guess Ford didn't want to take a chance on someone hooking up jumper cables backwards.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I am wondering if the battery was dead and they were not able to load it on a trailer. From what I have heard, if the battery is dead, Ford would not allow them to jump start the car and they must wait for a replacement battery to be installed. With all the electronics in the new cars, I guess Ford didn't want to take a chance on someone hooking up jumper cables backwards.
Yes but the kicker is according to the dealer it was on the trailer already, and thats when they said the battery was dead and took it off the trailer. So if the battery is dead then how did you get it off the trailer?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Nah, many of them arrive with a dead battery. They have chargers at the rail yards. It’s not uncommon to find the battery cover in the trunk and the pushpins in the cup holder.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Nah, many of them arrive with a dead battery. They have chargers at the rail yards. It’s not uncommon to find the battery cover in the trunk and the pushpins in the cup holder.
I thought that I had read that if a car has a dead battery at the rail yard, a new battery is installed.

I'm long overdue I guess.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
M
I thought that I had read that if a car has a dead battery at the rail yard, a new battery is installed.

I'm long overdue I guess.
My guy tells me it happens all the time as most cars and trucks will drain a battery in three weeks.
I know mine was dead and they just jumped it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
M

My guy tells me it happens all the time as most cars and trucks will drain a battery in three weeks.
I know mine was dead and they just jumped it.
Ok, well then. If I find my battery cover in the non existent back seat, I will be asking for a new battery.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I was told Ford is sending a new battery to be installed. I dont know anymore, all I know is since Wed its still in the yard.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Someone posted a Ford document that described the shipping procedure. I can't believe that I didn't save it.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Someone posted a Ford document that described the shipping procedure. I can't believe that I didn't save it.
Is this what your talking about?

Attachments