Sponsored

Best BLACK rear sub-frame brace for a Bullitt

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, since I don't want any less ground clearance than stock, nor any added ride stiffness, nor NVH, decided to just add rear sub-frame braces, and a front 2-point G-brace, to improve handling a little. I'm not sure if the front G-brace helps with cornering, so please let me know, since I won't track, launch, or stop hard on this car. The G-brace would surely make oil changes harder, so only want to install it if it'd actually help with cornering/handling. The rear sub-frame braces should help for sure, especially if there happens to be bumps on the curves. Hope to get rid of the wallowing in those situations.

If you approve of my 2 handling improving choices, Steeda makes a black 2-point G-brace, so I have at least that option (I'd only buy it if I can find the rear braces, since the rear is looser than the front, so makes no sense to 'unbalance' the car even more IMO). But for some unexplained reason, Steeda's rear sub-frame braces are gray, which is a deal-breaker for me. TJ said they cannot make them black at this time, so they're out. Please post links of any others you know of. Oh, and I don't want to loosen the sub-frame, so those options (like BMR, I think) are also out, even if they're black. Hopefully there will be a suitable black option I can buy now :).

If nobody makes good rear braces similar to Steeda's but in black, I'd leave the car alone for now, and wait until they (or somebody else) makes those braces in black, and buy both items at the same time. Thanks gang.
JC
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
The cb005 install isn't that bad. Go ahead and do cb762 at the same time. If they haven't made black versions after all this time I doubt they will. BMR's hammer tone is dark enough to not be noticeable unless you are under the car.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
All of that aside. The BMR CB762 is by far the best IRS bracing system for the S550 Mustang.

Other brace systems dont really do much of anything, regardless of the placebo results you may read about.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
All of that aside. The BMR CB762 is by far the best IRS bracing system for the S550 Mustang.

Other brace systems dont really do much of anything, regardless of the placebo results you may read about.

kinghouse.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the Steeda braces. They work great. After putting the front k-member in, the back was noticeably looser than the front. Everything is very tight now. Why not just have the Steeda brace powder-coated?
Glad you see a noticeable difference - the Steeda braces are top-notch!

TJ

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
You can get the Steeda IRS braces in the wrinkle black at no charge if you ask for it. I got mine that way last year.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You can get the Steeda IRS braces in the wrinkle black at no charge if you ask for it. I got mine that way last year.
Given the current demand for the IRS braces, we are not offering that as an option right now - our manufacturing team is running at capacity.

Best,

TJ

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you for the feedback gang. I checked those BMR kits, and the color is perfectly fine, but as I mentioned before, I don't want to mess with the sub-frame, and deal with an alignment (nobody trustworthy to do it here, even if I wanted to). I agree they're probably superior to the Steedas in function and looks (you don't see them at all), but for my needs, I don't really need that level of improvement (and more complicated installation). I'll never launch the car; just want it to handle better in the twisties, especially on uneven roads. It already does quite good on smooth roads in sport mode, for such a whale. Ha ha. And no, not going to mess with powder-coating parts that are not cheap to begin with. And don't believe anybody local does that anyway.

Looks like nobody else makes something similar to Steeda kits, so will have to wait until they offer both the front 2-piece G-brace, and rear sub-frame braces in black at the same time. But if somebody finds something similar before that happens, I'm all ears :). Thanks again for all the comments.

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thank you for the feedback gang. I checked those BMR kits, and the color is perfectly fine, but as I mentioned before, I don't want to mess with the sub-frame, and deal with an alignment (nobody trustworthy to do it here, even if I wanted to). I agree they're probably superior to the Steedas in function and looks (you don't see them at all), but for my needs, I don't really need that level of improvement (and more complicated installation). I'll never launch the car; just want it to handle better in the twisties, especially on uneven roads. It already does quite good on smooth roads in sport mode, for such a whale. Ha ha. And no, not going to mess with powder-coating parts that are not cheap to begin with. And don't believe anybody local does that anyway.

Looks like nobody else makes something similar to Steeda kits, so will have to wait until they offer both the front 2-piece G-brace, and rear sub-frame braces in black at the same time. But if somebody finds something similar before that happens, I'm all ears :). Thanks again for all the comments.
Shoot me your contact info in a pm. Talked to manufacturing and they will make it happen. it will be about two weeks.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's under the car why does the color matter?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I don't understand the question. If you're inside the car most of the time, why does the paint matter?
You see the outside of the car all the time as do others. How often do people see under the car.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Depends on who you are, and what you're into. Some guys put them up on a lift just to look at it. Having everything match up nicely matters to some people. Same way the exterior color matters, which is what my point was.
Fair enough

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Shoot me your contact info in a pm. Talked to manufacturing and they will make it happen. it will be about two weeks.
AWESOME! Thank you. PM in a moment. Didn't have internet all afternoon.

It's under the car why does the color matter?
It's under the car, BUT the rear braces are still visible from the side (ahead of the rear wheels), and from behind. As I mentioned, I want my car to look stock :D. Hey, your statement reminds me of a suited guy in a Mercedes that was picking his nose on a red light: Just because you're alone inside your car, doesn't mean you're invisible. Ha ha. Same thing. If it was like the drive shaft, then I wouldn't care if it was gray.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
AWESOME! Thank you. PM in a moment. Didn't have internet all afternoon.

It's under the car, BUT the rear braces are still visible from the side (ahead of the rear wheels), and from behind. As I mentioned, I want my car to look stock :D. Hey, your statement reminds me of a suited guy in a Mercedes that was picking his nose on a red light: Just because you're alone inside your car, doesn't mean you're invisible. Ha ha. Same thing. If it was like the drive shaft, then I wouldn't care if it was gray.
I have the braces and don't honestly notice them at all. Now you have me curious...
Sponsored